It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did the Romans invent Jesus ?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
The disciples asked what manner of man is this even the winds and the waves obey him, others commented that he spoke with Authority

In the beginning was the word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

He was in the beginning with God, All things came into being by Him, and apart from Him nothing came into being.

that has come into being.

In him was life , and the life was the light of men, and the light shines in the darkness and the darkness did not comprehend it.

Gospel of John verse 1

The Word became flesh and dwelt among us,

He was in the world, he made the world, but the world knew him not. verse 10

Jesus Lord of Heaven and Earth, King of Kings, Lord of Lords. seated at the right hand of God.
edit on 13-9-2012 by dwarfflex because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by the owlbear

Back at ya brother

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by dwarfflex

Did you know that "The Word" or "Hiero Logos," Holy Word, was philosophized about and coined by Pythagoras some 500 years before the birth of Jesus? It's a Gnostic principle that was hijacked by whoever wrote the book of John.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword
Did you know that "The Word" or "Hiero Logos," Holy Word, was philosophized about and coined by Pythagoras some 500 years before the birth of Jesus? It's a Gnostic principle that was hijacked by whoever wrote the book of John.

Pythagoras was nothing more than a totally insane cult leader just like L. Ron Hubbard, David Koresh, and all the rest.

"In fact, nearly every single so-called ‘genius’ discovery of Pythagoras is nothing more than childish nonsense.

In reality, the only real accomplishment of Pythagoras was to recruit and train beautiful, young witches in total secrecy using ritual sexuality in order to keep them under his personal control. It seems quite obvious that he employed numerous threats of violence, exclusion, or abandonment to all those who dared to oppose his dictatorial control over God’s beautiful daughters of nature.

In truth, and because of Pythagoras’s brutal, misogynous oppression and sexual enslavement of innocent, beautiful young females, the God of nature rose up against him and his followers and, with justice and righteousness, tore them a new b l e e p. Indeed, the only lesson to be learned from Pythagoras is that Satanic ritual sexuality never pays off."

Source

edit on 13-9-2012 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

Which calls into question why your religion (ahem: cult) stole the phrase from him.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Which calls into question why your religion (ahem: cult) stole the phrase from him.

So now God is a thief and a cult leader as well...

You wouldn't by chance happen to be paralyzed from the neck up would you?

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Whoever said anything about god? You really think god is the one who wrote those verses? Men wrote Genesis, not god.

Where did you get the idea that I'm depressed? That's what your link says.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   

He still said it first!

Your source on Pythagoras has no source to these claims that you have posted. Without having properly sourced these claims, I have no choice but to say that your reply receives and "F" as in not "F"actual!

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

"Whoever said anything about god?"

That would be you...

"You really think god is the one who wrote those verses?"

No, I actually KNOW that God wrote those verses.

I'm not speaking hypothetically or metaphorically, I am talking about what I KNOW...

I'm referring to what I KNOW to be irrevocably without question proven FACTS.

I"m NOT talking about a belief, theory, philosophy, or a hypothetical assumption.

I am referring to what I know from EXPERIENCE to be fact.

If you ever meet the author of the book in person, you too will KNOW without ANY doubt what so ever.

"Where did you get the idea that I'm depressed? "

My GOD man, if you you truly believe that God's word is man made, you surely OUGHT to be depressed...

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Does god use a number 2 pencil?

Where'd you meet god? Did you meet him for lunch one day or something? What's he look like? Does he really have a white beard?
edit on 13-9-2012 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   

HAHA!

I don't believe you!

Someone like yourself, who emulates and promotes ignorance, fear, paranoia, superstition, and lies, who carries a disdain for free will, free thinking and critical thought, who dismisses knowledge and discovery and has no respect for individualism couldn't have any idea of who or what GOD is, little alone stood in the presence of anything holy!

edit on 13-9-2012 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by windword
HAHA! I don't believe you!

You WILL, I guarantee it...

It's only a matter of TIME.

Reality doesn't care about your beliefs, neither do I.

I am only interested in FACTS.

Funny thing about Atheists...

God doesn't believe in them.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Funny thing about Atheists...

God doesn't believe in them.

So God doesn't believe in those that don't believe in him...

I'd like to see a scriptural reference for that...

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

He doesn't need scripture, he's gods best friend.
Oh, and he only cares about FACTS not scripture.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

The slogan should really be "God doesn't believe in atheism."

"For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth in unrighteousness, because what may be known of God is manifest in them, for God has shown it to them. For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse." ~ "Romans 1:18-20

God Doesn't Believe in Atheists

"...atheism is an intellectually illogical position to hold. The reason for this is that only an all-powerful, omniscient, omnipresent being could know for certain that God does not exist. Simply put, only God could know without a doubt that there is no God. However, God can certainly know that atheists do not exist. He knows this because He has made Himself obvious to them, so much so that they are without excuse.

Fourth, although no atheists actually exist, there are still plenty of people out there who either deny God's existence or just don't care about Him. If we approach people like this by trying to argue them into the kingdom, it is not going to work no matter how solid our arguments are. Instead, we should try loving and serving them. This kind of behavior is (sadly) shocking to them because they are usually shunned by Christians.

So, even though there are no real atheists, let's love and serve them anyway. Some might actually respond by listening and eventually believing."

God Doesn't Believe in Atheists

"Of course, there are human beings who claim the title atheist. They exist. I have met them. My point is, according to Scripture, that every human being KNOWS that there is a God. Ergo, in that respect, there is no such thing as a true atheist because at the deepest level every one does believe in God.

Yes, I know, the Bible says so and you may not believe it, but there goes that faith thing again. We are each placing our own faith in something or maybe nothing in your case."

Atheists Dont Exist

When atheists claim that God does not exist, they deny the truth of Scripture.

So who will we believe, God or atheists?

Only ONE can be right.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Thats a horrible arguement dude...

You're basically saying the bible is true because the bible says so...

The reason for this is that only an all-powerful, omniscient, omnipresent being could know for certain that God does not exist.

IF God did not exist... he would not know that he does not exist, so one point negates the other...

However, God can certainly know that atheists do not exist. He knows this because He has made Himself obvious to them, so much so that they are without excuse.

Nothing in the bible says God makes himself obvious, even to his so called "followers"...

My point is, according to Scripture, that every human being KNOWS that there is a God. Ergo, in that respect, there is no such thing as a true atheist because at the deepest level every one does believe in God.

Not true... Though its strange that these people will call to God in their most desperate times

Atheists have their purpose though... and even they won't be able to deny it when they pass... so

When atheists claim that God does not exist, they deny the truth of Scripture.

So who will we believe, God or atheists?

Only ONE can be right.

Not all "scripture" is truth...

And by the way... about that comment in an earlier post... "God wrote the bible"?

Seriously?

Edit: Btw..Romans 1:18-20 does not say "God does not believe in Atheists"

edit on 14-9-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Jesus says and you shall Know the Truth and the Truth shall set you Free, its also written seek and you shall find,
Jesus also shared with his disciples, followers before he ascended to Heaven, that he would sent the Holy spirit, who would make known to them , remind them of what had been spoken shared by himself, the Holy spirit would also lead them into all truth, reveal, through revelation also, we see this when it is revealed to Peter, That Jesus was the son of God,

so its possible for us to know the truth that sets us free, Jesus also says he is the truth, so we can know Jesus, the one who sticks closer than a brother.

Its said we can know a true messenger of God, or if some thing written spoken is from God because it comes to pass, its said only 17 percent of biblical prophecy remains, all the other prophecy's have come to pass to the letter,

Is what Jesus taught a true revelation of the Truth, can this be our experience, i would say yes, are the things Jesus shared about this time, coming to pass, for example are the birth pains increasing,

Mathew chapter 24. gain i would say yes, regarding the signs of the times, Jesus shares with us.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   
I had very little knowledge of the scriptures, but was caught up into heaven in the spirit, i was sitting alone in a light shade of green palace room, i say palace, having visited the winter and summer palace in Russia, i knew i was not in this world, realm, reality,

I felt such a fullness , wholeness, imagine feeling the best you have ever felt , then times by 10, the fullness of Gods spirit , i had also never felt so much love, flowing over me through me, and out of my inner most self, it was like a fountain had been released with in, filling me over flowing, this carried on for a while, then i felt myself returned here, from where i had been to here, this realm, took but moments it seemed,

i awoke straight away, i was in a hotel room in Spain, this fullness still remained, was present, then after a few minuets i felt it lift, but i knew also some thing had been imparted to me, i looked up to heaven and said , now i under stand,

prior to this i had been invited to a church, by Christians handing out flyers on the street, inviting people to come and hear the good news, the thing that struck me most, is when the Scottish preacher, a real rough diamond, from lockerbie, said the Lord has drawn you here, you need Jesus,

i had felt drawn , because i was going to Yugoslavia, but changed at the last moment and had gone to Spain,
i returned to my hotel room, and i prayed Jesus if you are real, you are going to have to show me, make it known to me, ive been up to many garden paths, then i will follow you.

I later read when Jesus stood up after three days of feasting and drinking, and said if any one is Hungry , if any one is thirsty let him come unto me.

a strange thing to say, after three days of eating and drinking, then Jesus says, for out of their inner most being will flow rivers of living water.
this had been my experience of Gods spirit flowing through my spirit,

I also read fear nothing for I AM with you, and i look to the hills, where does my help come from, the Lord who made heaven and earth, this to has been my experience. looking at that time at the hills surrounding me in Spain

i stayed in Spain , i read a paradox, that spoke to me, where Jesus says, who ever loses his life for me, will find it, but who ever finds their life shall lose it,

you find in Jesus teachings, in scripture often things are reversed, to our normal world y mind set,

the last shall be first, he who wants to be greatest, let him be servant of all, seek the low seat, the poor are rich in faith. ect

I worked in an international Christian community, Spain has a big heroin problem, so i helped out in the rehabilitation work , they were doing, we had an 80 percent success rate the highest in Spain, it was good to see broken shattered lives, healed restored, people getting their lives back,

seeing Gods spirit at work in their lives as well as my own, and others there also.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   
So i went to Spain for a two week holiday , returned to the UK two years later, because my dad had only been given six months to live.

my parents were hardened atheists, my dad also saying as a christian i was not welcome, on returning home my mother picked up my bible and threw it in the bin,

During my dads illness, he said in his life he had done thing he had regretted, rather like Paul, when he says the good i want to do, i do not, and that what i dont want to do, i do, who shall deliver me from the wretched man, that i am, Christ Jesus my Lord.

and he asked if God could see past all of this to his real self, buried with in, i said God searches our hearts and minds, my dad became much more approachable, its said at times a psychical illness can cure the soul?

i came in from chapel, my dad was in bed in the front room, the orange street light shone in the window, my mum was by his side, he was on morphine, though a big man, he know looked like some one out of a concentration camp. i had to sit him up,

the room was filled with the presence of the Lord, not long after , my dad sat up by himself, even as if he was unaware of my mother by his side, he raised his arms, looking before him, as if he could see where he was going, then he laid back down, his face glowed, and he passed over.

my mother who witnessed this ,still a hardened Atheist at this time, completely changed , not long after came to Jesus,
Then while visiting friends in Kenya, was so moved by the plight of street children, she felt led by Gods spirit to return, and help those she could,

every one said she was crazy, even people at the church she attended, most thought she would not last three months, that was over 20 years ago, since by the grace of God , she has been able to save the lives of hundreds of street children.

she has been through maleria, civil up rising, tribal fighting, 2008 Kisumu became a war Zone.through corrupt powers in government and in churches,

but God has been faithfull, stood with her, strengthened her , brought her and many in her care through.

www.covenanthome.co.uk...

So God can and does work in mysterious ways, at times to using the foolish things to confound those who think they are wise, the nobodies to confound those who think they are some body.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by dwarfflex

Its said we can know a true messenger of God, or if some thing written spoken is from God because it comes to pass, its said only 17 percent of biblical prophecy remains, all the other prophecy's have come to pass to the letter,

Is what Jesus taught a true revelation of the Truth, can this be our experience, i would say yes, are the things Jesus shared about this time, coming to pass, for example are the birth pains increasing

Yeah, we're in the labor pains of the time to come that will herald his return. You will know when you speak something that comes from God because it will be found in the scriptures and sometimes you may say things and not know they are in scripture, only to find out later they are there. I've done this a few times myself without knowing it till later and it's amazing.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join