It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need help deciphering music video, might be on to something

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Or maybe it's nothing, but since you took the time to click just stay with me and share your opinion/observation at the end.

We are all very aware of the tragedy that took place in Aurora, CO at the movie theater on the premier of The Dark Knight Rises. Shortly after the incident ATS had a few threads that pointed out some strange images/symbolism in the Lil Wayne music video "My Homies Still".

Lil Wayne/Shooting Connection Thread

Now the day before the shooting happened I was surfing Youtube and below every video I clicked was an advertisement for this new Lil Wayne music video. Bold and in red it said Lil Wayne "My Homies Still" and Watch now. So being a fan of music in general I clicked it just out of curiosity of what this knuckle head has been up to lately. The song was pretty dull but the video was very intriguing to say the least. For those who haven't seen it still here it is:

Having seen many many music videos, it was somewhat odd to me to see Animals and people dressed as animals in the video, it just doesn't happen very often in Hip Hop/Rap, if at all. Now today I'm surfing youtube again and below every video there is a new advertisement, this time its for Taylor Swift's "We are never ever getting back together". I really can't stand pop music but decided to give it a click anyways, just to see if there was anything odd in this video.

What I found was kind of shocking to me considering the coincidences from the Lil Wayne video/Aurora Shooting. Again there is a theme of personified animals and just general strangeness. Another thing that stood out to me was that she was wearing red. I'm not a scholar in occult symbolism but I am pretty sure the "lady in red" has a purpose and meaning behind it. At 1:16 you can see the cat clock is at the 12 noon/midnight position. The way the video ends/begins is interesting too, it seems to show a big city skyline. There isn't any skeletons and bats from what I noticed, but something about this video just doesn't sit well with me.

Check it out ATS, chances are that this is nothing at all but, in the event it is, maybe something can be prevented.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
You might find this thread I made about a Kanye video interesting www.abovetopsecret.com...

That lil wayne video is a copycat one of the video below, Tyler the creator is a half-human half horse towards the end of the vid

Nicki Minaj is dressed up like a jaguar in a cage in this vid

edit on 12-9-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by raiders247

There's been a few threads about this video 'My Homies Still' by Lil Wayne..
What I mainly find disturbing was the skeletons in the movie theatre in his video that came out right before the aurora shooting.. Also others made good points and ideas about how odd the symbolism is through out the video including the odd masks and horns worn multiple times.
This video is so out there I'm not really sure what to think about it. And the man/dog having a man on a leash.. So weird to me. Also the dinner table with the odd variety and types of guests..
Just to throw this out there, the video is more interesting than the song, because I usually like little Wayne, but this song sucked kind of...

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

Thanks for sharing that! That is a tad uncanny how similar these videos are. What is up with both videos having 'caged' girls dressed as creatures? Am I missing something? Its got to symbolize something. You made a good point of them portraying the clown being the shooter, since the joker is a type of clown, right? Kanye has always been more lyrically talented to me than lil Wayne, just an opinion though. Both videos are still equally out there none the less!

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Katharos62191
. And the man/dog having a man on a leash.. So weird to me.

to me that is the main idea of what the powers want.

I keep feeling like it has something to do with the so called "gods."

In egypt the gods all had animal heads. Makes me think the half dog/man is the "god" and the man is a man, under control of these "gods"

Slaves to those who serve evil..

they wish. Lil wayne is a lil joke in my opinion. He's got talent, but his thoughts are disjointed and childlike I'm more into real hiphop with actual truths in it. I miss tupac

To OP: im just not seeing too much weirdness in the taylor swift video.. The video kind of fits her personality I think. I should say here that I know what demonic energy is like. It is broken confused changing and nonsensical. God is like a flower and demons are like a gaga video.. just wanted to point that out. Not sure where either video stands on this scale, but it is how I look at it.

meanwhile, better music..

I'm not afraid either eminem. we got this.
edit on 9/12/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
I think what you are having trouble deciphering is really bad music with an even worse film clip.
Music videos and music are just popular culture, I doubt you will have someone like the Rothchilds telling the producer to do this or that, the reason we are in the mess we are is because of secrecy and only a handful of people knowing the agenda, they can steer society, but they do not produce music clips

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

Wow! Good point! That is exactly what I was thinking, that we, or the masses were the slaves symbolized on the leash from some form of the elite or 'gods' so to say. Also, the human with an animal head does remind me of ancient Egyptian that we see depicted today. Good Catch.

And no doubt I will agree with you lil Wayne is not the most talented artist in hip hop, more like most main stream. That is just my opinion though. I have been absolutely infatuated with how talented Marshal Mathers is though since I was very very young, I feel not many people can just feel what they feel and say it as beautifully (or blatantly) as he does.
My friend was obsessed with Tupac, she was beside herself so to say when he was 'shot' so long ago. She stated hip hop would never be the same..she also didn't believe he was really dead..that was kind of one of the first conspiracies I was introduced to at a young age! I still have friends skeptical on the subject or Tupac!

P.S. If they are symbolizing us on a leash in that video, (which I have no doubt they are) Will you bite the hand that feeds you? If they put poison in your bowl and leash around your neck I hope so!

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by munkey66

I believe you may be right, and see what you are saying, because I do highly doubt that the Rothschilds or anyone of such high status would really have the time or desire to dictate something so silly as a rap video. But my question once I accept that is, What in the world is the new fad for crazy videos depicting such odd symbolism for? What is the reasoning behind such odd types of videos, clips, and just pure weirdness? I've seen many threads on here wondering the same things, like nelly furtada big hoops, lady gaga or these 2 recent videos were discussing..but what is it for? Is it just a new fad to keep people like us clutching at strings? Or have videos always been this weird and people just notice it more? I'm really not sure! However I do know the music industry has always been a tad weird towards conspiracy type things, hints people like Micheal Jackson and more.
edit on 12-9-2012 by Katharos62191 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Katharos62191

I didn't even finish school. Of course 5-6 years later I did the whole GED and SATs thing. Owned it... I've been biting that hand ever since, but still I maintain a certain level of societal interaction. I'm ready for anything. I will die a man rather then live as a dog.

I have a strong and unpredictable bite...

edit on 9/12/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   
The Taylor swift video was just a nerdy girl dancing around like an idiot with other idiots dressed as dogs and cats.
The animals are weird but maybe that's for her younger fans, who knows. I'm not a fan of her.

I didnt notice her wearing red. She had multi colored pjs on, then changed into a patterned dress.

Overall I see nothing unusual about it
edit on 12-9-2012 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Katharos62191

What is up with both videos having 'caged' girls dressed as creatures? Am I missing something? Its got to symbolize something.

As an advertising major, you get taught all the stereotypes/tropes that are used in the media. Women are portrayed in submissive and dependent positions a lot of the time. By putting them in cages it's signifying that they are pets which are under control. Women being portrayed as animals in the media isn't uncommon, especially minorities.

In this Tyga/Wayne vid the women are also portrayed as pet tigers.

In another Nicki Minaj video she is first seen behind barbed wire and then in a leopard skin leotard. Next to another girl in zebra stripes.

Rhianna as a cheetah and a zebra later on in the video

Beyonce as a leopard

Recent perfume ad of a woman being portrayed as a pet tiger. She off takes her "collar" of and gives it to the guy.

www.socialpsychology.org...

Kanye has always been more lyrically talented to me than lil Wayne, just an opinion though

Kanye used to be better, now he is just making dumbed down music like birthday song with 2chainz. Did you ever see the Monster video? All the women are dead in it lol

stereogum.com...

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 02:50 AM
link   
As for the animal connection, the only thing I think of that you might want to research for yourself is some of these secret societies believe in being an animal soul with animal instincts. They teach that they go through stages from serpent to human to animal then some superior being.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 03:32 AM
link   
The animal connection is just a fad, like all fads they come and go.

you notice that music video's follow each other due to the fact that they copy each other and try and steal each others ideas of winning clips.
After Micheal Jackson came out with the morphing video, every producer was trying to emulate it.

Currently it is cat mode, just like the gangster clips of hoes in mansions with rich rappers.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by munkey66

Nah women have been portrayed as animals in the media for decades now. Especially cats. It's a culturual meme.

top topics

join