It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reality Check: One on One with President Obama, Why Is The U.S. Suportting Al Queda In Syria?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Ben Swann asks President Obama about U.S. foreign policy that seems to fight al Qaeda in Afghanistan but support al Qaeda in Syria.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
The US playing both sides against the middle but,it seems that it's not working here.As usual it's safe to assume that the presidents supporters will once again wail about Ben's "lack of respect."

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I like how Hillary just rambled off the CIA involvement in building Al Queda and the resulting snafu.

Most sane people disagree with fighting terrorists with terrorists. There are those who would never believe our government was capable of building up terrorists to do our dirty work in the middle east, but they are mostly mental minnows wearing helmets with reflective tape.

With the internet being available to people and the multitude of sites to compare information there is not much excuse for not being informed. There is also a greater chance of being misinformed because of the internet. I really think the tough subjects are just too much for most older people to deal with. It is far easier to listen to your preacher or a smart guy you know and just do what they say.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by mike dangerously
The US playing both sides against the middle but,it seems that it's not working here.As usual it's safe to assume that the presidents supporters will once again wail about Ben's "lack of respect."

I don't think Ben showed any disrespect. I thought his questions were well thought out and pertinent. Sometimes the tough questions are hard to ask, but he had no problem and I respect him for that.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by onecraftydude

Which is why I post Mr.Swann's vids they are great tools for educating people and to start conversations.I wonder if Ben will be granted another interview?

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Seems our foreign policy is about as coherent as our domestic policy. (Coherent = fly by the seat of your pants, and then play golf - when you are not campaigning, of course).

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I wamted to know the answer to why within the last 10 years we have stopping fighting and started aiding Al Queda.

The history was there before one day the enemy next day a friend they need to get their heads out of their you know whats and pick a side.

what has the last decade been all about? War on terrorism especially rings hollow./
edit on 11-9-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
There are some stunning inaccuracies within the first minute:

To clarify and Clinton knows this since she has been in Washington for decades.

First off we did not create Al queda that would be Charlie Wison a democratic congressman from Texas the cold war winding down and the fight against the spread of communism.

Charlie's efforts and accomplishments was to arm the mujahideen not the same as Al queda since the majority of those mujahideen died long ago.

Any freedom fighter islamic that is calls themselves mujahideen more radical sub groups developed after that period.

Financed by Pakistan,China,Saudi Arabia,.and Iran so when Clinton says "we created" she of all people knows better.

Hollywood even made a film about the great Charlie Wilsons War watch it.
edit on 11-9-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by onecraftydude

Originally posted by mike dangerously

I don't think Ben showed any disrespect. I thought his questions were well thought out and pertinent. Sometimes the tough questions are hard to ask, but he had no problem and I respect him for that.

True, but perhaps with a different venue they'd only have time for duck and cover... Case in point:

Amvid shows aftermath of Aleppo bombardment

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Wow... not long ago he asks Obama about the kill list and now he asks about this. Quite frankly I'm surprised that Ben has managed to get yet another interview with Obama. Or perhaps this is just an unseen snippet from a previous interview. Or more to the point... I'm surprised Obama agreed to be interviewed by Ben in the first place. He also managed to interview Romney and ask him some extremely critical questions concerning the delegates from Maine.

What is also pretty amazing is the response that Obama gives. He doesn't deny it at all. He admits to sending aid to the Syrian rebels and admits that they are composed of multiple elements: "a civil war that in fact involves some elements of people who are generally trying to get a better life but also involves some folks, who over the long term, would do the United States harm.". Is this really still a conspiracy theory at this point.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maluhia
Seems our foreign policy is about as coherent as our domestic policy. (Coherent = fly by the seat of your pants, and then play golf - when you are not campaigning, of course).

I'm almost positive it was Bush that did all the vacationing. Enough to set records... Mad props to the former CIA Director as well.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by mike dangerously

Nice find OP, one thing that bugs me is why is FOX News reporting this stuff? We know it is controlled, so why are they informing people of this?

It's interesting Obama is getting a lot of stick over it, he's being blamed. Personally, I think the agenda is to disredit Obama and make way for a Romney election win, for the latter is far more in tune with advancing the neo con agenda in the region.

As it stands, the media are blaming Obama for the hatred towards America spreading across places like Egypt etc

It's all a game to manipulate the people to think certain ways. A very complex game I might add

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Ben Swann is the MAN!

Ron Paul supporter to the fullest.

Keep keepin on Ben!!!

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
After the news of the U.S. Embassy attacks, and now the deaths of 4 or more
abassadors, servicemen, this should become a front issue for the Obama Administration.

As far as we can see, the Obama administration now has blood on its hands,
and is directly responsible for the loss of lives.
edit on 12-9-2012 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
How the hell is Ben still breathing?

Very interesting video and worth sharing to others.

It terrifies me to think that most people believe that they can only choose between Romney and Obama. The differences between the two are petty IMO, and I'm sure most of ATS can agree with that.

The truth, as most know, is that nobody cares. They think that all they have to do is a pick a guy and they have done their part in preserving democracy.

We are more technologically advanced today then we ever have been in recorded history, and yet somehow none of us have the time to do some serious research into things that shape so much of what we believe, what we think we know, and what we use as a medium in the trading of tangible resources.

You can blame Obama, you can blame Romney, you can blame the UN, NATO, or any other government agency, but the truth is it is OUR fault for allowing this to continue.
edit on 12-9-2012 by theshepherd2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Most people I talk to in the last 3 years about world situations say they wish Russia & China would nuke America once and for all, they hate your leader today, they hate America turning against friends like Israel, they want closer ties with Russia because they are trusted more than the USA is the last 3 years.
I feel flags would be flying very high in most European countries if America was wiped off the map rather than Israel.
Israel has always had guts, it is a small place so it has had to have guts, America is big, but it is and has always been a bully, people hate them for it.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
How does a local news host get an interview w Obama? I wish every city's news station had a Ben Swann.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pipebomb24875
How does a local news host get an interview w Obama? I wish every city's news station had a Ben Swann.

More to the point, why is Fox News that is controlled by the elite getting a one on one interview with Obama to criticise him on national TV?

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
ONE ON ONE. Why don't You look at how much greatness BUSCH did, and the fact he let Osoma Bin Ladden's clan out of the country during a "No Fly" time after 911.........Lets put Obama aside and lets see how much Bush did for a sec....Obama walked into a HUGE mess...so I guess you don't see that do you? You want to compare notes on Bush and Obama??? If so GAME ON.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Wonderer2012

Fox news is old news...they reported a few years ago Sept 11th was a freaking MONDAY..LMAO..great reporting.....

top topics

<<   2 >>

join