It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney 'Outraged' Over Obama 'Sympathy' for Embassy Attackers

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
This is just another example of an event that the media/govt reports on and everyone starts pissing at each other over it. The situation in the ME is a cluster ^%&&* to say the very least, but we don't have a clue one way or another. Now there's some illusionary left/right battle going on over this and the American public is buying it once again, give me a break. Is anyone ever going to open their eyes? People are calling for WAR over this?

When was the last time the media reported anything truthful? Now they are saying Al Qaeda did it, just after they said some protesters who were angry about a mulsilm video did it. Wasn't Al Qaeda TRAINED by U.S. forces to topple Libya?
edit on 12-9-2012 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by navy_vet_stg3

Originally posted by redbarron626
So once again much ado about absolutely nothing!

but, but,but Brietbart said it so it must be true!

Funny, coming from someone with "Deny Ignorance" in their avatar. Apparently, ignorance is bliss, and nobody better say anything about your dear leader. Sieg Heil, Brother!

As for the topic at hand, I'm more appalled that the Obama administration helped these animals gain their "freedom". It's only a matter of time before homosexuals are being stoned to death, women forced into their garbage bags, then Egypt and Libya regress back another 1000 years. How long will the pyramids last? When will the Egyptian Taliban tear them down?

It was not a US operation that brought liberation to Libia it was a NATO action. We were part of it but the US is not NATO.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by RELDDIR
What does Romney have to do with in all of this? BLAME BLAME BLAME . . .
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

It's called - deflection -.

It won't work. I think Senator Patrick Leahy is on the phone with Speaker Boehner right now.

We may have bi-partisan demands for the resignation of Hillary Clinton.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

They knew these protests were going to happen at the Embassies and didn't remove the diplomats or call in more Marines..

You don't get that??

link   
reply to post by RELDDIR

Um...the thread is about HIS reaction. HE inserted himself into an international crisis.
edit on 9/12/2012 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

link   

The week before 9/11 and the President didn't meet with intel. You tell me. On the anniversary of 9/11 and you don't have enough marines prortecting the embassy? You tell me.

Which embassy?
We have many embassys pretty much in every big city on earth...

Are you saying they had intel on a attack coming to Cairo and Lybia beforehand? psychics?

Perhaps they did. but I have yet to hear that...I heard it was sudden, random, and deadly in Cairo. spontanious demonstration leading to death.

We can split hairs, but ultimately Romney wasn't giving speeches about military buildup response and such, he said Obama (aka, the cairo embassy) shouldn't have said making fun of religion isn't a american value....this is his stance, This he doubled down today, and this is what the entire left, center, and moderate right is just shaking their head at him.

So...keep it up

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
reply to post by RELDDIR

Um...the thread is about his reaction. HE inserted himself into an international crisis.

Romney commented on the failed foreign policies of Obama.

Giving the Muslim Brotherhood a big hug and $1.5 Billion was a foolish endeavor.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by RELDDIR

Like i said...with Romney it's only words...

With Obama, he failed to protect the embassies..

BIG difference.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Romney makes no sense here..not even abstract estoric sense..

Your are not the only one who thinks so...

House Intelligence Committee chairman Rep. Mike Rogers, Republican-Mich..

Rogers kept his distance from Romney’s condemnation of the Cairo embassy statement, saying,

“I’m not exactly sure what Gov. Romney was specifically talking about.

nbcpolitics.nbcnews.com...

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   

I already posted it on the previous page...yes they knew there were going to be protests at THOSE embassies on 9/11.

If you are not going to read the whole thread, don't mouth off.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by timetothink

They knew these protests were going to happen at the Embassies and didn't remove the diplomats or call in more Marines..

You don't get that??

They protest all the times.
Watch during a war leadup, you will find Ambassadors are pulled out well after what I personally would like (half the time I wonder why we have embassys in some areas to begin with). Most protests are non violent though. they burn flags, dance a bit, then go back home. very rarely do they actually start taking action, and when it does, it makes international news.

Now let me ask you something
Should america fearfully pull out whenever some people gather together and start yelling? How much of a coward must we be against chanting civilians angry about stuff? Are the right now demanding we cut and run whenever someone looks angrily at an American?

-sits back and waits for this wonderful flip view of the right-

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   

reply to post by RELDDIR

Like i said...with Romney it's only words...

With Obama, he failed to protect the embassies..

BIG difference.

He failed to protect the embassies and funded the ones who attacked and killed our

ambassador. $1.5 Billion U.S. Dollars

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   

I already posted it on the previous page...yes they knew there were going to be protests at THOSE embassies on 9/11.

If you are not going to read the whole thread, don't mouth off.

And will ask again...what should have been done?

The right:
Didn't want to close gitmo because they are afraid of having muslims in American prisons..because they may break out and murder the world
Think we need to run away from anywhere that muslims protest

What a bunch of pink whiny crybabies..man up, we are Americans!

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

He failed to protect the embassies and funded the ones who attacked and killed our

ambassador. $1.5 Billion U.S. Dollars

The US Embassy in Libya was attacked by the Libian government??

You seem to employ the same foriegn policy that Romney has demonstrated....Get your facts completely screwed up, say stupid crap as quickly as possible, and try to spin tragedy for personal political purposes.

God help us if that man ever gets into the whitehouse.
edit on 12-9-2012 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

If it was an act of war brought on by the Muslim Brotherhood, then wouldn't we be at war with Egypt as well?

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Epic fail by Romney again. When will this megalomaniac stop putting his foot in his mouth? LOL

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
if the us reacted with force.....we would be reading that the attacks were....

false flag !!!!!

link   
Yes, let's blame Obama for attacks on Americans provoked by Right wing Christians -- eager to have a holy war with Islam -- producing a video the sole intent of which is to enrage the Muslim world and create reprisals. Sure we have freedom of speech, but we also are supposed to be responsible stewards of that right.

The attackers are guilty of being manipulated by crazy American Taliban Christians and then launching terrible attacks, but it is far Right American zealots pulling the trigger.

With every passing day I hate Right wing Christians more because I am now convinced even more their sole intent is to instill a Christian theocracy and provoke global war between the religions. Fundamentalist Christians are LOVING this right now. The more American blood spilled by their exact counterparts in the Muslim world, the happier they literally are. Right wing Christians care nothing for America or Americans, they are just using our Constitution as a vehicle to bring on psychotic Christian rule.
edit on 12-9-2012 by pajoly because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

Romney commented on the failed foreign policies of Obama.

I know! Hilarious! To think that Romney knows ANYTHING about foreign policy has me rolling on the floor!
!

Will Romney's Foreign-Policy Fumble Doom his Campaign?

Romney's response to the incidents of the last 24 hours -- the storming of the American embassy in Cairo and the killing of the American ambassador and three others in Libya -- is widely being regarded as hasty and ham-handed. From his initial statement late Tuesday, which accused the Obama Administration of "sympathiz[ing] with those who waged the attacks," to his Wednesday morning press conference reinforcing that criticism, Romney, critics say, appeared overly eager to turn the tragedy into a political wedge, and insufficiently respectful of the gravity of the situation.

This whole story can be summed up fairly simply:
1. An asshat made a movie criticizing a religion.
2. Some asshats who claim to be members of that religion attacked and killed some people over it.
3. Obama has denounced BOTH actions.
4. Romney is using the situation for political gain, blaming Obama personally for something someone else said. He is hoping to get VOTES from this tragedy. Votes from people like you.

The pundits' judgment was harsh. Time's Mark Halperin said Romney's "doubling down on criticism of the President for the statement coming out of Cairo is likely to be seen as one of the most craven and ill-advised tactical moves in this entire campaign."

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   

What does Romney have to do with in all of this? BLAME BLAME BLAME . . .
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

It's called - deflection -.

It won't work. I think Senator Patrick Leahy is on the phone with Speaker Boehner right now.

We may have bi-partisan demands for the resignation of Hillary Clinton.

Think again the GOP is mixed between distancing themselves from Romney and saying publicly Romney is in the wrong on this issue. Honestly I do not know who is advising him but, they should be fired.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join