It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney 'Outraged' Over Obama 'Sympathy' for Embassy Attackers

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I now have myself under sufficient control to post again on this subject. I understand that we have strong emotions on this subject but we also have minds. Let me show you some things I've read.
www.nytimes.com...

WASHINGTON —The Obama administration suspects that the fiery attack in Libya that killed the American ambassador and three other diplomats may have been planned rather than a spontaneous mob getting out of control, American officials said Wednesday.

By contrast, it appeared the attackers in Benghazi were armed with mortars and rocket-propelled grenades. Intelligence reports are inconclusive at this point, officials said, but indications suggest the possibility that an organized group had either been waiting for an opportunity to exploit like the protests over the video or perhaps even generated the protests as a cover for their attack.

About 24 hours before the consulate attack, however, Al Qaeda posted to militant forums on the Web a video in which its leader, Ayman al-Zawahri, acknowledged the death in an American drone strike in June of his Libyan deputy, Abu Yahya al-Libi, and called on Libyans to avenge the death.
The riot was caused by the film? It doesn't look like it. Oh, and the Embassy security consisted of Libyans hired for the job. The two Marines killed? We're not sure yet why they were there.

Even in Egypt, the chant was something like "Obama, Obama, there are millions of Osamas." Plus rioting on 9/11? And, twenty plus mentions of killing Osama at the DNC? The film was the cause?

What abour Romney's comments?
washingtonexaminer.com... 49

First, when embassy staff in Cairo knew there was trouble but before Islamist radicals overran the walls, the embassy released this statement:

The Embassy of the United States in Cairo condemns the continuing efforts by misguided individuals to hurt the religious feelings of Muslims -- as we condemn efforts to offend believers of all religions. Today, the 11th anniversary of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks on the United States, Americans are honoring our patriots and those who serve our nation as the fitting response to the enemies of democracy. Respect for religious beliefs is a cornerstone of American democracy. We firmly reject the actions by those who abuse the universal right of free speech to hurt the religious beliefs of others.

That was before the most serious problems. Afterward the radicals had breached the walls, torn down the American flag and replaced it with an Islamist banner, the embassy sent out a tweet (now deleted), which said: "This morning's condemnation (issued before protest began) still stands. As does our condemnation of unjustified breach of the Embassy." It is not clear if the embassy actually sent out a statement condemning the breach, but it most certainly sent out a statement condemning any possible offense against Muslim sensibilities.

Then, early Thursday morning, after the extent of the violence in Libya and Egypt was known, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton released a three-sentence statement, the first two sentences of which addressed possible offense to Muslims. "The United States deplores any intentional effort to denigrate the religious beliefs of others," Clinton said. "Our commitment to religious tolerance goes back to the very beginning of our nation. But let me be clear: There is never any justification for violent acts of this kind." Clinton's statement was: Regret, affirmation, condemnation, in that order.

So after the initial statement of apology for the video, there were two statements in which the Obama administration reacted apologetically to the attacks in Libya and Egypt. When Romney took to the microphone in Florida, he was careful to say that the administration "was wrong to stand by" its original pre-attack apology.

But I am still concerned by opinions indicating that the film maker is responsible for the violence. Is the rule that anything which irritates Muslims will no longer be considered as protected free speech? What about Piss Christ. And are we saying that it's understandable that people who are insulted by words would destroy, burn, and kill? Does that imply that Muslims are unable to control themselves? We expect Americans to control themselves, why not Muslims?

Oh, and on freedom of speech under Islam? The Afghani government has shut down all access to YouTube out of fear that someone may see the film. All of YouTube.

Romney was right on this particular issue, and the only remaining question is, what do we do about it?

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Romney's words do not compare the actions or lack there of of the Obama administration.

Smoke screen to call attention away from O administration screwup to protect the embassy workers.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
According to the news going on, all dems, independents, and about half the republicans think Mittens is totally off here and is treating it like a very destructive gaffe.

Not actually. Thats what the media is saying, especially MSN. Ridiculous,
they want to go to the polls for us too and mark our ballots.

If Chris Matthews had his way, he would soley alone re-elect Obama.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

CBS reporter is in the tank for Obama. I'm shocked.

I didn't see this behavior when President George W. Bush was in power.

What will the CBS reporter say when President Mitt Romney is standing in the

White House Press Room?

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952

But I am still concerned by opinions indicating that the film maker is responsible for the violence. Is the rule that anything which irritates Muslims will no longer be considered as protected free speech? What about Piss Christ. And are we saying that it's understandable that people who are insulted by words would destroy, burn, and kill? Does that imply that Muslims are unable to control themselves? We expect Americans to control themselves, why not Muslims?

Oh, and on freedom of speech under Islam? The Afghani government has shut down all access to YouTube out of fear that someone may see the film. All of YouTube.

Good points Charles.

Yes, if the radical's have their way all of us women would be wearing burkas.

They can control themselves, however in the radical world of Islam, dying for Allah
is the greatest one can acheive...And killing others must fall second.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

Yes same conclusion in the article I posted from the UK think tank...

Who came up with the answer first I wonder, doesn't matter at least it is coming out that it waas not the movie.

It was planned attack to take place on 9/11 and the Obama administration did nothing....the blood is on their hands.

PS: liberating a country does not mean taking it from one dictatorship and handing it to another like O and Hills did.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

What's wrong with that?

He doesn't often engage reporters because he is so scripted and gaffe prone. Why shouldn't they try to get in the obvious question - the one that all of Washington is asking?

It's crazy how a contingent of ATSers will support what what a majority of other people - people more well versed in Foreign policy - so roundly condemn, all because they are so rabidly anti-Obama that they can't see how their rhetoric and, indeed Romney's comments, are somewhat anti-American at a time of national crisis.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Let me ask you ATS'ers.

Was this an act of war?

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Depends on Obama
reply to post by beezzer

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

In my opinion....absolutely yes.

How far will it go?

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by timetothink

Romney's words do not compare the actions or lack there of of the Obama administration.

Smoke screen to call attention away from O administration screwup to protect the embassy workers.

Actions of what? Middle east nation spontaniously erupt into demonstrations...what should the US do, start dropping bombs the second any gathering anywhere in the world happen that may not be pro-western?

Explain what could have been done?
People aren't window licking retards. bad things happen, the Obama admin, the Bush admin, etc cannot mind control the world.

Your -boy- flipped out about nothing...you will not hear any alternative road your little boy would have done, but you will cheer and say he is right anyhow...no matter how wrong he is according to about 80% of the US voters.
So ya, keep going...I love this new form of lunacy.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

No. Not a traditional war. It was condemned by the Libyan government. Just as the Saudi's did after 9/11 and Yemen did after the U.S.S. Cole.

If anything, it would be a continuation of the so-called War on Terror, an asymmetrical war with ever-changing boogeymen, no boundaries, no border, no end. Just what the MIC would love.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   

The week before 9/11 and the President didn't meet with intel. You tell me. On the anniversary of 9/11 and you don't have enough marines prortecting the embassy? You tell me.

link   

Originally posted by xuenchen

It's disgraceful that the Obama Administration's first response was not to condemn attacks on our diplomatic missions, but to sympathize with those who waged the attacks.

When Romney mentions the Obama administration “sympathizing” with “those who waged the attacks,” he refers to this statement, released prior to the Embassy storming in Cairo by the State Department:

The Embassy of the United States in Cairo condemns the continuing efforts by misguided individuals to hurt the religious feelings of Muslims – as we condemn efforts to offend believers of all religions..

So where to start parsing the BS???

The Statement was released NOT by the Whitehouse, but by the embassy in Cairo....The Whitehouse says the same...and the actual statement BEGINS with "The Embassy of the United States in Cairo".

Second...The Statement was released BEFORE the attacks...not after...Romney lied...what a suprise.

Lastly...It looks like the Embassy was getting out a rapid statement to blunt potential blowback from the video which cast Mohammed as a Womanizer, Child Molester etc.

SO...what we have is Mittens LIEING...Wasn't Obama - It was the Embassy in Cairo...wasn't in Response to the Attacks, but before the attacks...the Embassy trying to blunt blowback...and most disgustingly...he is exploiting a tragedy and American deaths for a dishonest political shot.

Mittens desperation is showing...

edit on 12-9-2012 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by burntheships

Originally posted by SaturnFX
According to the news going on, all dems, independents, and about half the republicans think Mittens is totally off here and is treating it like a very destructive gaffe.

Not actually. Thats what the media is saying, especially MSN. Ridiculous,
they want to go to the polls for us too and mark our ballots.

If Chris Matthews had his way, he would soley alone re-elect Obama.

Chris Matthews isn't on yet.
CNN, and many republicans are basically saying Romney is off the page on this one. it is a clear political jab without concern for the actual tragedy...this is already playing bad.
Romney needs to take some lessons from Ryan..he played it cool and did insert some minor politics...Romney went full politics and totally overlooked the human response.

And ya, get mad at the media..and history, facts, etc...all the things liberals appearantly own according to the right.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
Let me ask you ATS'ers.

Was this an act of war?

Yes, our embassy is considered to be American soil.

This was an act of war. As of right now i say this was a joint effort by the Muslim

Brotherhood and Al Qaeda. This embassy was a soft target so they took it out

and stole the documents inside.

Funding for the operation came from Hillary & Obama. $1.5 billion U.S. Dollars

There is plenty left over for more attacks.

Hillary Clinton should resign for bypassing congress. Patrick Leahy was right.

Giving the Muslim Brotherhood $1.5 Billion was a foolish endeavor.

- Foolish Endeavor - March 21, 2012
edit on 12-9-2012 by Eurisko2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5
So where to start parsing the BS???

The Statement was released NOT by the Whitehouse, but by the embassy in Cairo....The Whitehouse says the same...and the actual statement BEGINS with "The Embassy of the United States in Cairo".

Second...The Statement was released BEFORE the attacks...not after...Romney lied...what a suprise.

He said Obama (aka, the embassy in Cairo) was saying anti-american things or some such.
Meaning that, according to Romney (if we want to spin) Being American means officially endorsing insulting islam and other religions..considering the statement only condemned people purposefully insulting religion in general for the sole purpose to provoke people into rage...not arrest, not forbid..just condemn.

Romney makes no sense here..not even abstract estoric sense..

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Will the MSM question Obama's intel meeting prior to the 9/11 anniversary? Will they question the embassy protection for the Ambassador? It's a double edged sword.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Come on.. Romney is an idiot. What would he have done?
Obama did the right thing he is trying to calm them down and get them to stop.
That's the SMART thing to do. Not be "outraged" and try to look like you care like Romney is doing.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
What does Romney have to do with in all of this? BLAME BLAME BLAME . . .
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join