Romney 'Outraged' Over Obama 'Sympathy' for Embassy Attackers

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by jtap66

Originally posted by jtap66
No matter how many times you point out that Romney's accusation was totally unfounded - and just plain incorrect - people just gloss over it and go ahead with their partisan bashing.

That is the pattern. If we look at all the claims Romney has made against Obama, we see continuous attempts to repeat a lie until a portion of the public believes it. The Romney camp knows that an ignorant idiot's vote is worth just as much as an educated and politically aware voter's vote. He doesn't care WHO votes for him or why. He just wants to win. What he's going to do when he wins - well, that's a secret.
If he can inflame just one more person to vote AGAINST Obama, then his goal is accomplished.

There will be no denying ignorance! Ignorance is Romney's best friend.
edit on 9/12/2012 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by RELDDIR

And do you really think that a new president is going to solve anything?

Electing Romney will mean a war with Iran. For sure.
You can go look at his strategy for dealing with Iran. And it includes military options if sanctions don't work.

If you think that electing a Republican into office is going to change anything or make things better. You need your head examined.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by antonia

Redstate-lite? More like Breitbart-central.

They don't need to worry about the truth, so long as it has a catchy anti-Obama headline.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by antonia

this place has become Redstate lite. I expected people would come out saying Obama is just a Muslim sympathizer. Seriously, if i wanted Redstate, I would just go to Redstate.

This.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
The only ones fooled by all of this self-deluded hate-filled propaganda are those who already buy into the propaganda. All of this vitriol and blatant lies spouted by the "right" will damage their agenda. I'm not saying both sides don't do it, but the "right" seems to be trying to take it to a whole new level, and it will end up alienating those who believe in thinking for themselves, rather then just repeating "Party Policy" verbatim. The "far right" may believe the end justifies the means, but from my point of view, they are shooting themselves in the foot.

They're so blinded by hatred, they can't (or refuse) to see things from others point of view - They can't see that all of America does not view things through Republican-tinted glasses. All of this hate and division-ism may be popular in the Party, but it will not appeal to those not already inline with their Party's policy. The division of the American people, along with "no prisoners" partisan politics is partly responsible for our current troubles, and escalating the propaganda and division will do us no good, at least from my view.

The brainwashed may not be able to see past the lies due to their own hate (and lots of fear), but anyone who doesn't get all of their beliefs prepackaged by some political organization CAN. Que the political stooges to throw generalized political insults my way for not falling in line with their agenda! Apparently, anyone who doesn't robotically spout their flavor of political propaganda is an "enemy". The Republicans were once a great Party, but have allowed themselves to be led astray by those who do not have your best interest in mind.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
Someone should tell the OP (and Romney) that the Cairo embassy issued that statement BEFORE the riots broke out. Only a desperate partisan hack, which Romney is increasingly becoming, would try to twist this into "an apology to embassy attackers".

Could you supply a source, please?

That Obama would disavow the Cairo embassy statement were it made prior to the attack makes him look like an idiot. He could have easily explained it as an attempt to diffuse the problem.

Obama administration disavows Cairo apology

The Obama administration is disavowing a statement from its own Cairo embassy that seemed to apologize for anti-Muslim activity in the United States.

"The statement by Embassy Cairo was not cleared by Washington and does not reflect the views of the United States government," an administration official told POLITICO.

The U.S. embassy in Cairo put out a statement early Tuesday that was pegged to anger over an anti-Muslim film being circulated by an Israeli-American real estate developer.

Now the Muslims are doubly offended. The apology was revoked and they were told it doesn't reflect the views of the U.S. government. He is fanning the flame.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Romney is outraged that Obama keeps gaining more and more ground in the polls. And lets hear that sympathy from Obama "I strongly condemn the outrageous attack on our diplomatic facility in Benghazi," oh wait thats not sympathy is it.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

The Obama - sympathy- for the Embassy attackers was just teachers lounge mumbo

jumbo. This is what happens when liberals are in charge. They look like fools.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrSpad
Romney is outraged that Obama keeps gaining more and more ground in the polls. And lets hear that sympathy from Obama "I strongly condemn the outrageous attack on our diplomatic facility in Benghazi," oh wait thats not sympathy is it.

Romney is outraged over the murder of our State Department officials in Libya.

Romney is outraged when our flag in Egypt is ripped to pieces.

It is clear that the Radical Islamists have - zero- respect for the USA.

-- Everyone can see that.--

Your political spin is foolish.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrSpad

Did he condemn the Egyptian embassy riot, as well? After all, this is where our flag was burned and replaced. The sympathy statement was made by the Egyptian embassy not the Libyan.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Romney has revealed himself to be a complete and utter puppet of political interests.

This situation is bigger than partisan sniping and sandbagging. This is about U.S. safety and interests abroad.

Obama was trying to underscore support for the fragile and new Libyan government that the dead Ambassador worked so hard to assist.

If Romney or any of the GOP can't understand that nuanced statement, they are not fit to lead this nation.
Their focus is bush league and myopic in a big, wide, diverse world.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Real world situations are much more complicated - there are those in Middle East countries preying on the ignorance, and fundamentalism of the population for their own political gain - but it's also done on our own shores. There are those who wish to poke an angry bee's nest with a pointy stick for their own political agenda. Respect is a two way street, but respect for our fellow man is not "popular" anymore - everyone wants to be so righteous, that they are blinded to their own glaring flaws. The people over there aren't that different from the people over here, but there are those who promote division for their own desires of power. We are set against each other, distracted by our real common enemy, it's so much easier to hate, to fear, to appeal to our more base emotions, then it is to work together through our differences.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by QUANTUMGR4V17Y

So again, I can understand the dissenters, Romney would probably have troops on the ground kicking in heads over this, whose heads it will be could be just those around at the wrong time. Most likely innocent people walking to work.

Peace.

Totally agree with you, on the war on terror subject ... this is a 12 years of completely ignorant US foreign policy, and probably goes further back than that.

But neither do I agree with understanding the dissidents. These dissidents, are anti-Israel dissidents. And the US has just aided in bringing about changes in the middle east, by removing off the table, all middle-east leaders, who happened to consent to Israel existance.

And Obama, starting to take a stand against Israel and Netanyahu, while Iran is left alone during it's Nuclear program. While Iraq was "inhialated" ... is more than merely suspect.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sergeant Stiletto
Romney has revealed himself to be a complete and utter puppet of political interests.

This situation is bigger than partisan sniping and sandbagging. This is about U.S. safety and interests abroad.

Obama was trying to underscore support for the fragile and new Libyan government that the dead Ambassador worked so hard to assist.

If Romney or any of the GOP can't understand that nuanced statement, they are not fit to lead this nation.
Their focus is bush league and myopic in a big, wide, diverse world.

The Obama - teacher lounge- foreign policy has blown up on September 11, 2012.

Obama and Hillary Clinton look like fools.

Today they are both reaping what they sow.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

Nice talking points.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Nice talking points.

AND our state department official and his staff were murdered on September 11, 2012.

Obamas weak policy has a - direct- cause and effect on newly empowered Radical Islamists.

You can't shove this one under the rug.

Obama and Hillary will both be held accountable for their actions.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

Could you supply a source, please?

The Cairo embassy statement was made early Tuesday morning. The Libyan embassy attack was very late Tuesday, very early Wednesday morning.

This is just an attempt by Romney to exploit the situation, with little thought to diplomacy or reality.

Actual statement from the Cairo embassy - at the time, the protesting was only in the street.
U.S. Embassy Condemns Religious Incitement

Mitt Romney's exploit:

I’m outraged by the attacks on American diplomatic missions in Libya and Egypt and by the death of an American consulate worker in Benghazi. It’s disgraceful that the Obama Administration’s first response was not to condemn attacks on our diplomatic missions, but to sympathize with those who waged the attacks.

What Obama actually said:

I strongly condemn the outrageous attack on our diplomatic facility in Benghazi, which took the lives of four Americans, including Ambassador Chris Stevens. Right now, the American people have the families of those we lost in our thoughts and prayers. They exemplified America’s commitment to freedom, justice, and partnership with nations and people around the globe, and stand in stark contrast to those who callously took their lives.

You can follow the convoluted path of Romney's thinking here:

Timeline: The Romney Campaign's Odd Response to the Embassy Protests

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Common Good
Romney isnt outraged.

Hes happy- Hes happy because it just won him presidential points.

If anyone is outraged- its the victims families- and the victims themselves no less.

If anyone should be pissed its the Producers -who hired the Directors for making such a crap movie.

Im sick and tired of having to try and understand stupid people on a constant.

Heres my apology- Im sorry you are all morons.

what am i missing...Obama didn't say anything that romney is saying he said...what's wrong with the right-wingers and romney...romney is just making crap up

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

Nice talking points.

AND our state department official and his staff were murdered on September 11, 2012.

Obamas weak policy has a - direct- cause and effect on newly empowered Radical Islamists.

You can't shove this one under the rug.

Obama and Hillary will both be held accountable for their actions.

weak policy??...shoved under the rug??...held accountable?? what are you possibly talking about??
hey, it's 120 degrees in iraq...obama did that...dead fish in southern california...obama will pay for that...heat wave in the central US...obamas policies caused that

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952

How anyone on ATS could tolerate that idea for a second, escapes me. If you are aware of this story and vote to keep Obama, the best I can do for you is give you my pity, you're more likely to get my scorn. If Romney raped his greatgrandmother when he was 13, I'd rather have him in office than someone who is willing to give away our rights.

Sigh. Ok, I'll bite. How on earth is Obama giving away our rights on this matter, specifically?

Look, it's an issue of personal responsibility. Yes, you have a right to say whatever you want. Thank whatever you happen to worship at the time that we can. That being said, the right gives you a personal responsibility to at least try to be sensitive to the other religions of the world, if for nothing else, knowing the consequences of such actions.

The film maker (FM for short) should have known that this film was going to cause violence and bad reactions. The blood of those killed is on his hands. You can't sit there and preach about personal responsibility and then say "It wasn't the film maker's fault!" when someone calls you out on it.

You may think "Well, they shouldn't have killed those people." Yes, you are right. But that doesn't absolve the FM of his own personal responsibility to the content in which he created. Blaming this on Obama doesn't even make sense. Here's the quote:

I have directed my Administration to provide all necessary resources to support the security of our personnel in Libya, and to increase security at our diplomatic posts around the globe. While the United States rejects efforts to denigrate the religious beliefs of others, we must all unequivocally oppose the kind of senseless violence that took the lives of these public servants.

You're being unreasonable, and political, and you know it. Shut up with the drama and discuss it like a real human.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join