It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney 'Outraged' Over Obama 'Sympathy' for Embassy Attackers

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65
Hold it a minute, let me get this straight.

They were protesting a Dutch produced movie by rioting at the US Embassy?

Oh, wait, the Great Satan is behind everything, even movies producted in a country that has made diverse and not really US Friendly movies in the past?

This is the result of foreign policy that's gone adrift.

If this had happened to any other countries embassy, the rioters would be filling body bags by now. Too bad we got issued a wimp instead of a President.

reply to post by jerico65

Speaking by phone from an undisclosed location, writer and director Sam Bacile remained defiant, saying Islam is a cancer and that he intended his film to be a provocative political statement condemning the religion.

Bacile, a 56-year-old California real estate developer who identifies himself as an Israeli Jew, said he believes the movie will help his native land by exposing Islam's flaws to the world.

"Islam is a cancer, period," he repeatedly said in a solemn, accented tone.

The two-hour movie, "Innocence of Muslims," cost $5 million to make and was financed with the help of more than 100 Jewish donors, said Bacile, who wrote and directed it.

Source : Times Of India
edit on 12-9-2012 by awakehuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mike.Ockizard
The OP seems to have an agenda. I've seen several anti Obama posts by him that site sources that are on the fringe. Not very reliable...

Wake up my friend. The system is broken. Rooting for one party over the other is not the answer. Make up your own mind and dont be a puppet.
One party IS going to be in power. Wake up and smell the coffee.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Ugh, Obama makes me sick. And the funny part is, there will be people praising him and his weak leadership. Say what you will about any other president before him, but the fact of the matter is none of them would let this slide.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

I'm confused where Obama "sympathizes" with the embassy attackers? From your own source:

When Romney mentions the Obama administration “sympathizing” with “those who waged the attacks,” he refers to this statement, released prior to the Embassy storming in Cairo by the State Department : The Embassy of the United States in Cairo condemns the continuing efforts by misguided individuals to hurt the religious feelings of Muslims – as we condemn efforts to offend believers of all religions. Today, the 11th anniversary of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks on the United States, Americans are honoring our patriots and those who serve our nation as the fitting response to the enemies of democracy. Respect for religious beliefs is a cornerstone of American democracy. We firmly reject the actions by those who abuse the universal right of free speech to hurt the religious beliefs of others......

If the statement is released prior to the embassy being stormed, how is it sympathizing with the attackers? It seems more like a boilerplate support of Muslim statement. Oh, and not only that, it came out of an embassy, it didn't come from Obama. This is desperation by Romney's campaign, hoping people read the headline and not the actual details. Sorta like that whole "you didn't build that" meme. Don't believe everything the right wing noise machine spins.
edit on 12-9-2012 by westo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Well, I don't trust the Mormons. Any religious group that would massacre their fellow countrymen are considered terrorists in this day and age. Mormonism teaches that violence and even murder is justifiable if God commands it. Scary to think that a Mormon may become the most powerful leader in the Western world.

Interestingly Sept. 11, 2012 it is the 155th Anniversary of the Mountain Meadows Massacre.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   
About 11 years ago Mr Bush gave that "We're gonna kick some..." speech. Looking around at the state of our country today, it looks like we really just kicked our own.

Please refer to the commonly used phrase for insanity.

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by westo

Originally posted by westo
I'm confused where Obama "sympathizes" with the embassy attackers?

Yeah, that's because he didn't. Romney's people are desperate to knock Obama out of the lead in this election. It will only get worse. It will get dirtier. If Romney's not ahead going into the last weeks of the election, it will get very ugly, as the GOP desperately goes after Obama's religion, race and place of birth. Romney is hoping Americans are stupid enough to believe the rumors against Obama. And unfortunately, some of them are.

Strap in peeps. We're in for a wild and lie-filled election cycle.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   
There are a number of ATSers that must spend all day dredging-up anti-Obama rhetoric to feed their political woodies. Their koolaide soaked brains feed on it. This is bald-face political oportunism by the Republicans and shameful in the least.

This is NOT a first-amendment argument. This alleged movie producer makes a movie with the stated intention to inflame Islamic emotions in order to help 'his home nation' of Israel while hiding-out in the United States. Everyone knows the consequences of insulting Islam but some asshats continue to do it with no regard for the safety or wellbeing of others. It doesn't matter what our opinions are of the reaction of followers to Islam --- we know what that is.

This 'gentleman' abused his first-ammendment rights. There are limits: you can't yell fire in a crowded theater; can't threaten someone; can't publish personal information of others; can't publish the work of others; can't knowingly incite a riot, etc. So yes, I get why we comdemned the movie. It's a balls-less, BS move with a coward's motive. He wants to make a movie like that --- let him leave his CA real estate empire and go back to Israel and do it. I also understand why the State Dept, the Administration etc. comdemned the attacks. What I don't understand is why the Romney camp would be classless enough to cash-in on a dangerous and tragic evnt like this.

And no, to you anti-Obama circle-jerkees, I am not an Obama supporter --- either now or in '08. I simply deplore political BS from either side. I wouldn't vote for either a Democrat OR Republican.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Obama Regime Throws Itself Under The Bus, Disavows Apology For Mohammed Film…
weaselzippers.us...

This really makes him look the stooge. Trying to appease voters while further infuriating Muslims.

He is showing what an ineffective leader he truly is. Where is his message??

Now this:

hosted.ap.org...

The American embassies in Algeria and Tunisia warned of more protests Wednesday, following attacks by protesters in neighboring Libya in which the U.S. ambassador and three embassy staff were killed.

Romney is going to eat him alive.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen
Romney 'Outraged' Over Obama 'Sympathy' for Embassy Attackers

More trouble for the Obama Campaign today.

Lots of problems in the Middle East and lots of weak responses from The White House.

What a leader eh?

Mitt Romney came out firing this evening against the Obama administration’s feckless response to the attacks on American embassies in Libya and Egypt. His campaign just released his statement moments ago:

I'm outraged by the attacks on American diplomatic missions in Libya and Egypt and by the death of an American consulate worker in Benghazi. It's disgraceful that the Obama Administration's first response was not to condemn attacks on our diplomatic missions, but to sympathize with those who waged the attacks.

When Romney mentions the Obama administration “sympathizing” with “those who waged the attacks,” he refers to this statement, released prior to the Embassy storming in Cairo by the State Department:

The Embassy of the United States in Cairo condemns the continuing efforts by misguided individuals to hurt the religious feelings of Muslims – as we condemn efforts to offend believers of all religions. Today, the 11th anniversary of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks on the United States, Americans are honoring our patriots and those who serve our nation as the fitting response to the enemies of democracy. Respect for religious beliefs is a cornerstone of American democracy. We firmly reject the actions by those who abuse the universal right of free speech to hurt the religious beliefs of others......

How many votes will this cost Obama?

And they used the same old due facce tactic to boot !!

Faced with increasing criticism over an apology issued by the U.S. Embassy in Egypt for the alleged "abuse" of free speech by Americans critical of Islam--even as Islamist radicals raided the building on the 11th anniversary of 9/11--the Obama administration has disavowed any such apology this evening, according to Politico:

"The statement by Embassy Cairo was not cleared by Washington and does not reflect the views of the United States government," a senior administration official told POLITICO.

White House Apologizes for Egypt Apology

Weak responses? How many votes will this cost Obama?

Are you insane?

Obama had previously lost my vote but if he continues to tell Israel to go screw themselves and not act like a retarded child in the Middle East...he might just GAIN IT BACK!!

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I'm tempted to rant but I won't since it adds no real value to the thread.
To me, the answer is simple.
This is an act of war. The consulate is considered to be American soil and 4 American citizens were killed on that soil.
Close the consulate and recall ALL diplomatic representatives from Libya.
Immediately round up all Libyan diplomats here in the US and immediately take them to the nearest airport and send them to Libya.
Revoke all diplomatic visas to Libyan representatives including those that allow them to get to the UN. If we are at war with a country their representatives have no right to be here on American soil.
No negotiations with the current Libyan regime. Only negotiate if a new regime is put in place.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I guess if you you show enough faux outrage it may take people's attention away from the fact that NOBODY in your family has ever served in the armed Forces.

I think Obama has proved himself well. He has shown little to no hesitation when it comes to ordering up the demise of our foes. Far from sympathetic in my book.

Oh and while you are at it, can you point me to Obamas exact words on the matter? I will wait..............And wait..........and wait..........and wait............can you fill me in please, what did Obama say?

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by fltcui

Just a point of clarification on your rant: The UN is not American soil.

And given your argument we should also be at war with Pakistan, N. Korea, and any other country where their citizenry --- and not their government --- acts out against the United States? Isn't one of the main reasons we're curently circling the drain all the wars we've funding fro the past 11+ years? You want to add more??

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

If you would more carefully read my post, I never said we should go to war with Libya, I said it was an act of war. I never said the UN was american soil. However, to get to the UN you have to arrive on american soil and this shouldn't be allowed.
So please don't read into what I didn't say in my post.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by milominderbinder

Weak responses? How many votes will this cost Obama?

Are you insane?

Obama had previously lost my vote but if he continues to tell Israel to go screw themselves and not act like a retarded child in the Middle East...he might just GAIN IT BACK!!

Who is thinking about votes right now? Obama!

Obama administration disavows Cairo apology
www.politico.com...

"The statement by Embassy Cairo was not cleared by Washington and does not reflect the views of the United States government," an administration official told POLITICO.

This effort was made to win voter approval after Romney's attack, I doubt it worked, as he had no statement to make for himself. Think how helpful this retraction will be in improving our relations with the Muslim nations.

Looks like you can join the insanity club as well since you are talking about your vote.

edit on 9/12/2012 by sad_eyed_lady because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Someone should tell the OP (and Romney) that the Cairo embassy issued that statement BEFORE the riots broke out. Only a desperate partisan hack, which Romney is increasingly becoming, would try to twist this into "an apology to embassy attackers".

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by fltcui

This is an act of war. The consulate is considered to be American soil and 4 American citizens were killed on that soil.

I recall many instances where Americans were killed abroad. 241 in Lebanon in 1983. Yet it was never declared as an act of war. Incidents like these are bound to happen from time to time and IMO, it is best to think with a level head rather than a fist full of fury.

As for Romney, well IMO it should have been to Unite rather than to Divide when it comes to dealing with foreign affairs. As they say, their is only one President who calls the shots.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Sad.

No matter how many times you point out that Romney's accusation was totally unfounded - and just plain incorrect - people just gloss over it and go ahead with their partisan bashing.

Deny ignorance?

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by fltcui
I'm tempted to rant but I won't since it adds no real value to the thread.
To me, the answer is simple.
Close the consulate and recall ALL diplomatic representatives from Libya.
Immediately round up all Libyan diplomats here in the US and immediately take them to the nearest airport and send them to Libya.
Revoke all diplomatic visas to Libyan representatives including those that allow them to get to the UN. If we are at war with a country their representatives have no right to be here on American soil.
No negotiations with the current Libyan regime. Only negotiate if a new regime is put in place.

HA!

You want another regime? The regime didnt do this. The regime are western puppets.

So who are you going to declare war on? Terrorists? You already did that remember.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by jtap66
Sad.

No matter how many times you point out that Romney's accusation was totally unfounded - and just plain incorrect - people just gloss over it and go ahead with their partisan bashing.

Deny ignorance?

Well, as I've stated before, this place has become Redstate lite. I expected people would come out saying Obama is just a Muslim sympathizer. Seriously, if i wanted Redstate, I would just go to Redstate.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join