It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney 'Outraged' Over Obama 'Sympathy' for Embassy Attackers

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

What does wiping my ass have to do with Obama and Hillary not protecting diplomats abroad....

You are really reaching now.

Stop sticking up for him, you look silly.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

Yeah Hillary will take the hit, Obama is the next teflon don.

Maybe if he showed up for some intel meetings, she would have told him??

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by timetothink
reply to post by Eurisko2012

Yeah Hillary will take the hit, Obama is the next teflon don.

Maybe if he showed up for some intel meetings, she would have told him??

MSM ignores attack on embassy and gets the same email - Attack Romney over the process.

Democrat Kirsten Powers Blasts the MSM on Fox News.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Weak Presidents beget weak countries. The middle east does not respect weakness. They are like children, If you show your child weakness they will exploit it. Show them strength and they will respect you.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmiec
Weak Presidents beget weak countries. The middle east does not respect weakness. They are like children, If you show your child weakness they will exploit it. Show them strength and they will respect you.

Like what, nuke them? Did you read the newspapers in the past 10 years or so? We invaded not one but two countries in Muslim world. If that's a show of weakness, I don't know what strength is.

Your view of Islamic world as "children" is bigoted and close minded. "The White Man's Burden" much?

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Maybe we should take over Egypt too, cool mummy museums there and other great stuff too.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmiec

Then the weakest presidents of all are GW Bush (9/11), Ronald Reagan (Beirut Marine barracks bombing Libya embassy bombing, etc.).

It a pointless argument. More terrorist strike have happened on Reagan's and Bush's watch then Obama's, so if it only happens because they're weak, well it doesn't speak well of Republicans, does it?

Out of one corner of Republicans mouths they complain about Obama being such a "warmonger", extending the drone wars, killing Osama Bin Laden, etc., but then from the other corner of their mouths they claim he is weak and soft. Make up your minds, already.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Another 'toon roundup expresses the media reaction to Mitt's self-serving politicizing of the deaths of Americans in Libya.

edit on 15-9-2012 by Blackmarketeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
Another 'toon roundup expresses the media reaction to Mitt's self-serving politicizing of the deaths of Americans in Libya.

edit on 15-9-2012 by Blackmarketeer because: (no reason given)

Nice

Thank Goodness he is such a tool.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 03:09 AM
link   
There is zero justification for the way that president Obama handled this situation. The first thing he condemns is the movie, take special note of that. Then he condemns the actions of the terrorist and protesters only after he reassures muslims that we would never disrespect Islam but who cares if some christians or jews are murdered. The bleeding heart liberals in this thread and the media are only condemning Romney's comments with little or no concern over the violent actions of muslims. You make me sick! I find it hard to believe liberals sympathize with the very religion that would chew you up and spit you out if you preached your pro-abortion beliefs pro-gays beliefs and equal rights beliefs. It's madness! It seems like many liberals on ATS are pro gay, pro muslim, anti christian, and anti jew. Am I missing something? It reminds me of that Dave Chapelle bit about the blind black guy who hates blacks.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Here's a justification to avoid war.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Originally posted by BIGPoJo
There is zero justification for the way that president Obama handled this situation. The first thing he condemns is the movie, take special note of that. Then he condemns the actions of the terrorist and protesters only after he reassures muslims that we would never disrespect Islam but who cares if some christians or jews are murdered. The bleeding heart liberals in this thread and the media are only condemning Romney's comments with little or no concern over the violent actions of muslims. You make me sick! I find it hard to believe liberals sympathize with the very religion that would chew you up and spit you out if you preached your pro-abortion beliefs pro-gays beliefs and equal rights beliefs. It's madness! It seems like many liberals on ATS are pro gay, pro muslim, anti christian, and anti jew. Am I missing something? It reminds me of that Dave Chapelle bit about the blind black guy who hates blacks.

edit on 15-9-2012 by RELDDIR because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by RELDDIR

The very teachings of islam tells them that they will convert most of the world and kill the ones that they cannot convert. If you think appeasment will stop the coming holy war you are sadly mistaken. The outrage over the movie is a cover story and nothing more. They want to wipe western civilization off of the map. Look at history to see how appeasment stopped the nazi threat, it didn't.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Our Ambassador Chris Stevens was assassinated and Obama gave a quick speech and then

flew off to Las Vegas. It was a terrorist attack on 9/11/2012 and the White House has joined

with MSM to run with a - False Narrative -.

" It's all because of a movie."

-------------
Obama's middle east foreign policies are in ruin.

Jay Carney sounds like Baghdad Bob.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Like it or not the USA is the most powerful contry in the world, and as such should have a powerful leader who shows no fear and is ready to use the big stick to keep the world free. What is happing now is that Obama has showed nothing but weakness and the want to help anything that attacks the freedom of the west. If Obama had been around during WW2 the world would be a very diffrent place, with a diffrent flag flying over the white house. There is a war going on NOW, its a war about culture, its a war attacking OUR culture, we need strong men to defend our culture to defend the west. No one fears the west anymore, our big sticks mean nothing becouse of the weakness shown by the west, now we will have to use them, and may God forgive us , but it is very fast becoming a question whos children are going to be killed, our children or there children. If some balls had been shown, comitment to our culture things would of never got so bad. If people know you have a big stick and you will use it , then they dont piss in your yard.
People must remember what is happing now has nothing to do with religion but to do about culture, whos culture will rule the world, freedom or

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by RELDDIR

What does he have to do with all this? If you really don't know you shouldn't be allowed to vote. He is doing a nice job of putting his foot in his mouth though. Nothinng about him seems presidential. He4 like this annoying little odg barking that doesn't realize how stupid he makes himself look. It's funny to me because I am very conservative, actually more so than you RED, and Romney hasn't taken one stance that appeared genuine (without flipflopping) or appealed to me. I don't support obama, but ill defend him against Romney when Romney is wrong.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by RELDDIR

What does he have to do with all this? If you really don't know you shouldn't be allowed to vote. He is doing a nice job of putting his foot in his mouth though. Nothinng about him seems presidential. He4 like this annoying little odg barking that doesn't realize how stupid he makes himself look. It's funny to me because I am very conservative, actually more so than you RED, and Romney hasn't taken one stance that appeared genuine (without flipflopping) or appealed to me. I don't support obama, but ill defend him against Romney when Romney is wrong.

Flip flop? I thought Obama does that?

I am against Gay Marriage.

Wait....it's 2012.

Um......okay.....i have - evolved - and now i am for Gay Marriage !

Obama has no credibility.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   

There is zero justification for the way that president Obama handled this situation. The first thing he condemns is the movie, take special note of that.

I take "special note" of your complete disregard for facts and timeline of events. What "first thing"? What part of situation?

The bleeding heart liberals in this thread and the media are only condemning Romney's comments with little or no concern over the violent actions of muslims.

Open and clear lie.

Nobody's disregarding the dire, dangerous and criminal actions of the muslim terrorists who perpetrated riots and attacks. And it's hard to disregard Romney as well, who in the hour of peril turns his back on the President and other leaders of the country. Time and again, he's being a super duper opportunist who cares nothing about anyone but himself.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

I'm having some difficulty understanding your most recent post. Specifically:

Open and clear lie.

Nobody's disregarding the dire, dangerous and criminal actions of the muslim terrorists who perpetrated riots and attacks.
Saying something is a "lie" is making a very strong, difficult to prove, and hurtful, accusation. I don't know about the "Nobody" you're referencing, so I just grabbed a couple of your posts to get your take on it.

I find it hilarious that ANYONE would say that a riot in the Middle East (which is hardly a surprising phenomenon) is Obama's "legacy".
Are you saying that the murder of an American ambassador and the destruction of an American embassy is "hardly a surprising phenomenon?" "Oh sure, the guys were just having another fun night out and they got a little rowdy near the embassy compound. Hardly surprising, it happens all the time, no big deal." And this one:

Newsbreak: a lot of terrible crimes are happening all over the world, from Denver to slums in Bangladesh.
"Hey, don't worry about it, this is just another in the long list of crimes happening all over the world. There's a bunch of crimes committed every second somewhere in this world, this is just another one."

Nobody's disregarding the dire, dangerous and criminal actions. . .
I don't know about "nobody," but you certainly seem to be.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
Saying something is a "lie" is making a very strong, difficult to prove, and hurtful, accusation. I don't know about the "Nobody" you're referencing, so I just grabbed a couple of your posts to get your take on it.

Right. I listen to NPR once in a while, and in the eyes of people I was addressing it's clearly a left-leaning outfit. I like most if it, not all of it. I didn't like the coverage of the actual movie that ignited the protests, I saw it myself and as a lampoon it wasn't half bad. Think of a low low budget and primitively done Vegas Vacation. Does it suck? yes, do I need to make a fuzz about it? No. Somehow, NPR chose to voice a negative opinion of the quality of this (relatively poor) production. This ain't right. This was PC in action, and I never liked this.

But I maintain that I didn't see media downplaying the severity of what has happened. Saying something like this is a lie.

Are you saying that the murder of an American ambassador and the destruction of an American embassy is "hardly a surprising phenomenon?"

Before there was the ambassador, there was Rushdie, and the death fatwa laid on him, there was Theo van Gogh, brutally mirdered, there was the Danish cartoon and there was 9/11 and there were a lot of other stuff that the media can't be bothered to cover. There are just too many muslim nuts out there willing to hurt people. Against this background, how can you say that the tragedy that happened was like landing of an alien race in Washington DC? Tragedy, yes, surprise, no. So I stand by what I said.

edit on 16-9-2012 by buddhasystem because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I, myself, hope we hear a lot more from Romney before November. The more he sticks his foot in his mouth the better. We saw no "sympathy for embassy attackers", no "apology", just a reaffirmation that we condemn those who purposely incite a violent reaction from others and those who choose to commit violence.

Romney lacks tact. He insults both at home and seemingly wherever he goes. He uses a tragedy as a soapbox and even then can't get his argument right. The man possesses no leadership abilities. He's an embarrassment. A hack. A shill wrapped in the skin of dead elephants (poetic license - credit to George R.R. Martin).

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18 >>

join