It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney 'Outraged' Over Obama 'Sympathy' for Embassy Attackers

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Just my humble opinion, but I think we're looking at Obama's legacy here.

Rioting at several embassies.
High unemployment.
Failed economy.
Highest ever foodstamp enrollment.
Fast & Furious.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

High unemployment.
Failed economy.
Fast & Furious.

You know there is more to that list.

Can you produce anything positive?

I couldn't.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

High unemployment.
Failed economy.
Fast & Furious.

You know there is more to that list.

Can you produce anything positive?

I couldn't.

Well, he did make "Saul Alinsky" a household term.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   

I find it hilarious that ANYONE would say that a riot in the Middle East (which is hardly a surprising phenomenon) is Obama's "legacy".

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   

High unemployment.
Failed economy.
Fast & Furious.

Beez, don't forget about the Wheel of Misfortune.

I'm not sure where we can squeeze in Embassies Attacked.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

I find it hilarious that ANYONE would say that a riot in the Middle East (which is hardly a surprising phenomenon) is Obama's "legacy".

This is a reflection of HIS (Obama's) foreign policy.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

If it's a reflection, it's seems pretty lobotomized.

You provided nothing concrete on what's wrong with Obama's policy. He's fighting the jihadists, and he's a friend of Israel. Is that not enough? Would you like him to be more aggressive? Just for the sake of it? Like bomb Russia?

The GOP had never anything of value to say about foreign policy, they can only repeat that Obama is wrong. For example:

Link

“The world needs American leadership, the Middle East needs American leadership,” Mr. Romney said. “And I intend to be a president that provides the leadership that America respects and will keep us admired throughout the world.”

Blah blah blah derp blah blah blah. Good luck keeping us admired in the Middle East. Did Mitt say how he wants to achieve admiration in the Middle East? No? Then he really needs to shut up.

edit on 13-9-2012 by buddhasystem because: typo

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Romney foreign policy attack was disgraceful

By point of comparison, when Ronald Reagan was confronted with the downed-helicopter rescue mission ordered by President Jimmy Carter to save the American hostages in the U.S. Embassy in Iran, he did not see it as opportunity to score political points. Instead, Reagan said, "This is the time for us as a nation and a people to stand united." Likewise, George H.W. Bush, then also running for president, said "I unequivocally support the president of the United States -- no ifs, ands or buts -- and it certainly is not a time to try to go one-up politically. He made a difficult, courageous decision." (Hat-tip to The Atlantic for unearthing these statements.)

No wonder a wide array of Republican foreign policy experts rose to condemn Romney's comments, including the longtime speechwriter and senior aide to Sen. John McCain, Mark Salter, who wrote: "to condemn (Obama) for policies they claim helped precipitate the attacks is as tortured in its reasoning as it is unseemly in its timing."

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by timetothink

Originally posted by timetothink
I follow your posts and your blind faith in Obama.

Clearly, you haven't read all my posts. You must have missed the ones where I criticized Obama. But I'm flattered you follow my posts. I have no idea who you are.

You keep saying "he has no right" to call out Obama...

Quote me. I have never ONCE said that. You are lying.

And you are constantly saying it's not Obama's fault...he's not responsible for what's said halfway around the world etc.

You can hold him responsible if you like, but I'm a proponent of personal responsibility. Obama is not responsible for what is said halfway around the world.

Of course he is...he is their boss right....if not then who's at fault?

Is your boss responsible for everything you say? The person who said it is responsible for saying it, of course. (Do I really have to clarify that???)

This thread has gone beyond the absurd! That's my cue to exit. BH... Out!

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Regarding supporting the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt: it's called realpolitik, the same as the Bush administration paying off Sunni insurgents in Iraq to stabilize the situation there. Mubarak was history thanks to the Arab spring which in turn had a lot to do with the U.S. taking down Hussein. Any democratic election in Egypt would result in some sort of Islamic government and the Muslim Brotherhood is actually a moderate option compared to other possibilities.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Pardon me, you said

He had no business criticizing the President

And thanks for being true to yourself...condescending as always.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   

www.thegatewaypundit.com...

According to senior diplomatic sources, the US State Department had credible information 48 hours before mobs charged the consulate in Benghazi, and the embassy in Cairo, that American missions may be targeted, but no warnings were given for diplomats to go on high alert and “lockdown”, under which movement is severely restricted.

Still not Obama's fault right??? He is responsible for his diplomats....period.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Yes...a boss is responsible...it is his job to get rid of them if they are bad at their job etc. He is reaponsible for hiring, firing, training and everything a person does on their job.

If his workers suck how long do you thing he will keep his job if he doesn't fix it?

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   
He read how to win friends and influence people. It was a great response if that's what he did. What, do you go in there with guns blazing? Of course not, these people are clearly ticked off. You work to defuse the situation, not make it an even greater hell hole with an aggressive response.
It's stupid though we act like none of it was planned. It all staged anyway. from the attack the politicians responces to everything!!!

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   
I really dont know anything about this situation but it seems rather funny that a film portraying muslims/islam being savages killing people and setting things on fire,, how do they protest?: by being savages and setting things on fire killing people.!

also did an israeli make this, the dutch, i heard two opinions, why is the usa seen as the culprit.. also the movie was completel satire, something MAD tv could produce. why take this serious.. attack the producer not embassies miles away or is this there only option to act the same way in the video
edit on 14-9-2012 by Mystic Vibes because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 05:10 AM
link   

According to senior diplomatic sources, the US State Department had credible information 48 hours before mobs charged the consulate in Benghazi, and the embassy in Cairo, that American missions may be targeted, but no warnings were given for diplomats to go on high alert and “lockdown”, under which movement is severely restricted.

I really love it how right-wingers like to whine about nanny state, tyranny and fascism that Obama has come to represent to them, but the second Mr. Barack doesn't show up personally, with a roll of toilet paper to wipe your ass, he's guilty of dereliction of duty, and that... with the benefit of hindsight. And exaggeration:

Meanwhile, Shawn Turner, director of communications for U.S. National Intelligence, denied news reports that American officials had been warned of a possible attack.

"This is absolutely wrong," he said. "We are not aware of any actionable intelligence indicating that an attack on the U.S. post in Benghazi was planned or imminent."

LINK

edit on 14-9-2012 by buddhasystem because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Yes but i think Hillary will take the hit for this.

Time will tell.

We are getting more info today and it's not good.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

So what is your point bringing Bush into this?
Point is to Obamites Obama can do no wrong.

Thats why you had to bring in Bush.

This Logic makes no sense...or more accurately it is dramtically dishonest.

Why would you demand folks choose between President Bush being perfect or President Obama being perfect?

Perhaps because objective thinking doesn't benefit you argument?

Psst....Obama could have done better in handling the recovery....But he still led us to recovery with a Congressional majority working against him at every turn and did so after President Bush crashed the economy like no other President since the great depression and Romney hasn't offered any policy details of how he could do better and the details he has offered have been shown by several non-partisan and even conservative analysts to be much worse economic policies than Pres. Obama's.

Originally posted by burntheships
Do you condone all of the Drone killings too?

I sure do....If given the choice of sending a Hundred Thousand plus troops to go occupy a country for over a decade...and sending 12 guys to go kill Osama Bin Laden....or a drone to take out an Al-Qaida leader....YES...I choose the Docterine that actually targets terrorists, not nations and doesn't cost us thousands of lives, kills 100's of thousands of innocent civilians and costs us trillions of dollars.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   

No more so than 9-11 was a reflection of President Bush's foriegn policy?

If we are to examine Legacies? Or foriegn policy evolution...The Twin Towers...and a consulate in Libya?

Or are you looking for Nirvana in the world? I always find it ironic that the GOP are the only ones assigning "Mesiah" expectations of the President.

I will choose 30 months of job growth/4 Million plus new jobs over losing 700K jobs per month.

And I would choose having a consulate attacked in Libya rather than having 3k Americans die in an attack on one of our greatest American cities. I would choose the Navy Seals taking out Osama Bin Laden, rather than invading and occupying two nations.

But you are correct...that is a complete failure if we had elected the son of God. But unfortunately we elected a man not the Messiah, so perhaps we can acknowledge the world is still dangerous place, the economy still needs to better...but we are a world-off better than where we were.

Just my 2 cents..

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5
I would choose the Navy Seals taking out Osama Bin Laden, rather than invading and occupying two nations.

Indeed... When people "reflect" on Obama's stance in foreign policy, they seem to ignore that white elephant in the room... Wholesale.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join