It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney 'Outraged' Over Obama 'Sympathy' for Embassy Attackers

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Romney 'Outraged' Over Obama 'Sympathy' for Embassy Attackers

More trouble for the Obama Campaign today.

Lots of problems in the Middle East and lots of weak responses from The White House.

What a leader eh?

Mitt Romney came out firing this evening against the Obama administration’s feckless response to the attacks on American embassies in Libya and Egypt. His campaign just released his statement moments ago:

I'm outraged by the attacks on American diplomatic missions in Libya and Egypt and by the death of an American consulate worker in Benghazi. It's disgraceful that the Obama Administration's first response was not to condemn attacks on our diplomatic missions, but to sympathize with those who waged the attacks.

When Romney mentions the Obama administration “sympathizing” with “those who waged the attacks,” he refers to this statement, released prior to the Embassy storming in Cairo by the State Department:

The Embassy of the United States in Cairo condemns the continuing efforts by misguided individuals to hurt the religious feelings of Muslims – as we condemn efforts to offend believers of all religions. Today, the 11th anniversary of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks on the United States, Americans are honoring our patriots and those who serve our nation as the fitting response to the enemies of democracy. Respect for religious beliefs is a cornerstone of American democracy. We firmly reject the actions by those who abuse the universal right of free speech to hurt the religious beliefs of others......

How many votes will this cost Obama?

And they used the same old due facce tactic to boot !!

Faced with increasing criticism over an apology issued by the U.S. Embassy in Egypt for the alleged "abuse" of free speech by Americans critical of Islam--even as Islamist radicals raided the building on the 11th anniversary of 9/11--the Obama administration has disavowed any such apology this evening, according to Politico:

"The statement by Embassy Cairo was not cleared by Washington and does not reflect the views of the United States government," a senior administration official told POLITICO.

White House Apologizes for Egypt Apology

+13 more 
posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
So once again much ado about absolutely nothing!

but, but,but Brietbart said it so it must be true!

+14 more 
posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Hold it a minute, let me get this straight.

They were protesting a Dutch produced movie by rioting at the US Embassy?

Oh, wait, the Great Satan is behind everything, even movies producted in a country that has made diverse and not really US Friendly movies in the past?

This is the result of foreign policy that's gone adrift.

If this had happened to any other countries embassy, the rioters would be filling body bags by now. Too bad we got issued a wimp instead of a President.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
The middle east has been ravaged, brought to the brink of destruction, all because of September 11th. While I'm not taking sides as to what really happened that day, one would be hard pressed not to understand the growing dissent against the United States due to the continued mass murdering of innocent people for profit and control, which was all made available, by the attacks of that day.

While 3,000 (+-?) people dying is an atrocity, killing many times that in response to, and against those who may or may not have even had part in that day, is defined by the term - Overkill.

So again, I can understand the dissenters, Romney would probably have troops on the ground kicking in heads over this, whose heads it will be could be just those around at the wrong time. Most likely innocent people walking to work.

Peace.

+4 more 
posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen
What a leader eh?

You're right. We should totally have attacked Egypt today.

+12 more 
posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by redbarron626

Funny, coming from someone with "Deny Ignorance" in their avatar. Apparently, ignorance is bliss, and nobody better say anything about your dear leader. Sieg Heil, Brother!

As for the topic at hand, I'm more appalled that the Obama administration helped these animals gain their "freedom". It's only a matter of time before homosexuals are being stoned to death, women forced into their garbage bags, then Egypt and Libya regress back another 1000 years. How long will the pyramids last? When will the Egyptian Taliban tear them down?

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by navy_vet_stg3

Originally posted by redbarron626

Funny, coming from someone with "Deny Ignorance" in their avatar. Apparently, ignorance is bliss, and nobody better say anything about your dear leader. Sieg Heil, Brother!

As for the topic at hand, I'm more appalled that the Obama administration helped these animals gain their "freedom". It's only a matter of time before homosexuals are being stoned to death, women forced into their garbage bags, then Egypt and Libya regress back another 1000 years. How long will the pyramids last? When will the Egyptian Taliban tear them down?

Yes.

Obama helped build that !!

I wonder when the last time was the U.S. had two embassies attacked on the same day with American deaths?

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by redbarron626

So you didn't hear about all this happening today??

The American Embassy had released a statement shortly after noon that appeared to refer to Mr. Jones: “The United States Embassy in Cairo condemns the continuing efforts by misguided individuals to hurt the religious feelings of Muslims — as we condemn efforts to offend believers of all religions.”

www.nytimes.com...

How about the NY times...is that source better for you?

+20 more 
posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
This will not get the attention it deserves, even on ATS. There are two main problems to be dealt with. The smaller one first.

When have you ever heard Obama say "This is my team, I picked it, I'm responsible for it, it was my fault?" No commander would say anything different. But everything is "not his fault." "That was Holder and the ATF, not me. I never listened to the Rev. Wright, that was all him, not me. The economy we have is Bush's fault, not me. No, wait, it was the Europeans' fault. No wait, it was Fukushima. No wait, it was the ATM machines." No leader should dodge the responsibility for events. No matter what happens, you make it work, or take the "boos."

The second problem is bigger, and that's the apology itself. Basically it said "We are sorry for using our freedom of speech to hurt your religious feelings. We'll make sure we don't do it again."

How anyone on ATS could tolerate that idea for a second, escapes me. If you are aware of this story and vote to keep Obama, the best I can do for you is give you my pity, you're more likely to get my scorn. If Romney raped his greatgrandmother when he was 13, I'd rather have him in office than someone who is willing to give away our rights.

OK, it's a mini-rant, I know. But do people hold our rights in such low regard that they are willing to give them away to appease Islam?

I've got to stop. I'll say too much. I'll tell you this, I've never used this smiley before.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   
So, where can one find a copy of this video? I'd like to see how it compares to other religious parody, such as the "Poop Jesus" and other stuff. I'm curious, how many people were beheaded in New York by Christians when the "Poop Jesus" was in the art gallery? Seriously, I'd like to know how many. Anyone got a copy of the video?

Speaking of videos, here's a good one: Peaceful Muslims

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   

there you go...
edit on 11-9-2012 by timetothink because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
To paraphrase Charles Krauthammer. . .

"Go to hell. Can't deal with freedom of speech? Too bad!"

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
History is repeating itself but on a much larger scale this time and I fear the result will be far bloodier and more costly than anything that came before. However, but for the fact they didn't fully over-run the Embassy (As they DID do to the Israeli one in Cairo awhile back), you could swap names and have damn near the same story written about Obama today.

For the American people, it was an introduction to militant Islam. For President Jimmy Carter, intent on “engaging” the radical regime that replaced Shah Reza Pahlavi, it was a disaster. The Obama administration appears to have missed the lessons of this debacle.

Though Carter described the embassy takeover as “a disappointing development” and “surprising,” it shouldn’t have been. Strikes, mass demonstrations and student protests throughout Iran began early in 1978. In September, the shah responded by declaring martial law. It didn’t help.
Source

The details are just slightly different, but damn them all, it's happening again. This time, lets get ahead of the disaster and lead the parade OUT and back to our own soil and within our own borders. Let's even collectively STAY here for at least 5-10 years while the world works out who can pee the furthest and WE work out putting out the fires in the process of burning down our whole house.

I think the U.S. and the world could use a little break from each other. They say seperation makes the heart grow fonder. Well, whoever wrote that never got kicked in the jewels by the 'lets be friends speech'. However, in this case, seperation isn't about hearts, minds or who is fond of who. It's about not throwing away the lives of everyone we have in High profile and heavily surrounded Embassies in that region right now. Several could be totally over-run as we JUST saw proven. They didn't have the numbers, the ferocity or the organization to carry it all the way this time, but someone want to bet me this is the last time? I doubt it ends here...by any stretch.

First they eggs Hillary's car in Cairo and shot it in Israel. Now they'd climbing the walls of our Embassies....over-running our Consulate compound and killing our diplomatic people. Ummm..even the FBI ought to call this crap a CLUE. We are not WANTED by the restless natives....so lets oblige and be ELSEWHERE. Nothing there is worth another lost American life. Not one.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   
OK the CIA does regime change in Iran and the extremists take over and storm the US embassy.

OK the CIA does regime change in Egypt and the extremists take over and storm the US embassy.

OK the CIA does regime change in Libya and the extremists take over and storm the US embassy.

Any one else seeing a pattern here?

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by navy_vet_stg3

Hmm, the last time we "helped" a nation, we bombed them back a 1000 years.

Seen any pictures of Iraq lately.

No thanks, Countries aren't asking for any US help anymore. The cure is worse than the disease.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Romney isnt outraged.

Hes happy- Hes happy because it just won him presidential points.

If anyone is outraged- its the victims families- and the victims themselves no less.

If anyone should be pissed its the Producers -who hired the Directors for making such a crap movie.

Im sick and tired of having to try and understand stupid people on a constant.

Heres my apology- Im sorry you are all morons.

+7 more 
posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides
Hmm, the last time we "helped" a nation, we bombed them back a 1000 years.
Seen any pictures of Iraq lately.

Have YOU seen any pictures of Iraq lately? Seriously .. they weren't 'bombed back a 1000 years'. The Muslim religion wants to take them back a thousand years ... but the USA did NOT 'bomb them back 1000 years.

Obviously not a 1000 years ago -

School in Iraq

Time Magazine Photos of Iraq

Gee .. they have TV and Radio and Internet and Buses and Airplanes
And medicine and schools for both men and women, and busy streets full of cars etc ....
Guess that means they had all that back in the year 1012, eh?

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
To paraphrase Charles Krauthammer. . .
"Go to hell. Can't deal with freedom of speech? Too bad!"

I agree with this. And I agree with Romney (
shocked! I didn't expect that)
Obama always seems to side with the muslim perps and then gets caught with his
pants down and has to try to look better later. It's his pattern. No wonder people
think he's a closet muslim.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 06:05 AM
link   
It's time for a new president.
reply to post by FlyersFan

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   
The OP seems to have an agenda. I've seen several anti Obama posts by him that site sources that are on the fringe. Not very reliable...

Wake up my friend. The system is broken. Rooting for one party over the other is not the answer. Make up your own mind and dont be a puppet.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join