It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Forum posts messed up for anyone else?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I'm not sure what has happened but the forum has suddenly gone screwy for me.Instead of my usual thread/post view which had stickies at the top followed by last replies to each topic going down in order, I now have what looks to be random topics in no chronilogical order.

I have tried the sort by options at the top right of the forum but these don't show the threads as they used to be and no stickies either.

I've tried logging out, changing browsers and clearing cookies but the board still seems messed up.

Please can anyone advise.

Thanks
edit on 11-9-2012 by macdad1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-9-2012 by macdad1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by macdad1

I see a new? section at the top called "Most-Flagged Threads Started In The Past Five Days:"

After that section, it looks normal, with sticky posts followed by posts sorted by last reply.

But I rarely use that view so I don't know how new that "Most-Flagged Threads Started In The Past Five Days:" section is. Does it look normal after that?

Edit to add: see related thread here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I'm seeing what's described in that thread.
edit on 12-9-2012 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Any of those options for sorting topics don't give me my old view.Like I say the board always showed stickied topics first followed by threads which were in chronilogical order of last post. so first topic after the stickies would have a reply of say 3 minutes ago, second topic would have a reply of 5 minutes ago third ten minutes ago etc etc.

Now no matter what one of those options I chose to arrange the forum by I get no stickies and no chronilogical order to topics.So alieans and ufos can have something from last year as first topic and something replied to an hour ago as second topic down etc.

I'd just like the board to show stickies at the top and topics in order of last reply?

Thanks for the suggestion though.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by macdad1

Try throwing away your old cookies, don't know if it will help but at least you'll get fresh cookies in return. That's always a good thing....

Peace

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

Yeah, I've got this same problem, and it's driving me nuts. Even broke down and cleared my cookies, didn't fix it. I wish the site owners would stop trying to categorize everything more than it already is, after a while the sorting just gets obnoxious.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by macdad1
I'd just like the board to show stickies at the top and topics in order of last reply?

Thanks for the suggestion though.
It wasn't a suggestion. It was an explanation of what I'm seeing.

I use the sort by reply date which is the default, and let's use the aliens and UFO forums you mentioned. The stickies don't start at the top, they start about halfway down the page for me. So you don't see them halfway down the page when you sort by reply date? The stickies aren't at the top anymore, and I doubt you can do anything about it except send a complaint.

Then after the stickies, the replies are all in order of last reply. But they're not in order of last reply at the top, above the stickies.
edit on 12-9-2012 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
yes it is all messed up
maybe a new size in the advertisement on the page is creating the problem

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

I was talking about your suggestion of checking the topic in your post, which didn't explain a solution or an explanation that the board layout had changed.

Anyway my wife pointed out the new look to the forum layout and that posts became ordered by user preference halfway down the page.

Much preferred the old format.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by macdad1
Anyway my wife pointed out the new look to the forum layout and that posts became ordered by user preference halfway down the page.

Much preferred the old format.
Your wife is right...again.

I also preferred the old format, but it seems they are trying to steer us away from threads that were started more than 5 days ago or threads that don't have many flags for some reason? This doesn't help me because often some of the best threads have the fewest flags and some of the worst threads have the most flags. The value of the thread is often inversely proportional to the number of flags, to me, though I guess not to the owners of ATS.

Anyway as I said I rarely use that format anyway so it's no biggie for me.

new topics

top topics

join