It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think I am Going to Support Gary Johnson...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I have sat out this election so far and have even encouraged people not to vote. I Campaigned for Ron Paul in 2008 but sat out this cycle because I saw what they did to him and knew they would do it again and they did it again only worse.

I also have been Leary of Gary Johnson but i listened to some of his speechs and looked into his track record as Governor of New Mexico and was impressed.

i believe the elections are a sham and rigged enough so they can get who they want in. So if that is the case (IMO) why the hell would I bother supporting some one much less the Libertarian candidate who as many would say has little chance if any?

Well I'll tell you why first hes the only guy in the race talking any sense is on all 50 ballots and the natural torch bearer after Ron Paul. I did not think that he was till I listened to him and looked at his track record.

Second even if the elections are rigged if we could get a national referendum of people to vote for him and they steal the election maybe they will wake enough people up?

3rd even with the corruption if we could get a ground swell of support for him and they know it they might not dare to override a real true super majority if there is enough momentum.

I also think there is enough discontent that it might work. People know the big two parties are corrupt as hell and after the republican primary fiasco the time might be right for this.

I think there is one very big thing the Ron Paui/Liberty movement has missed in all this and that is to get the message on TV. We own the internet but it is not enough. TV is still the main playing field for most people who get their political info in 5 minute media bytes and we have not even been on that playing field. I know a way to get ads on TV nation wide for pretty cheap. I think that it could be a major key in taking this to the people and by-passing the talking heads and their BS.

i know it is a monumental uphill battle however what if we have just one chance? Just one chance here to really turn the tide and do something great? Get people to decide to not vote for the big 2 for a change. No one is happy with Obama and no one likes Romney. Could this be our one big opportunity?

Anyway I am just thinking out loud here but here is one of the speeches that that has got me thinking along these line..

www.youtube.com...

What do you think?

edit on 11-9-2012 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Insanity, no chance to win....

It is more important to vote BO out than to stand on a soap box now, vote for the one person that has a chance to beat him.

I voted for Ross Perot some years back, it was a complete waste....

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

I dont think there is such a thing as a wasted vote. The RP crowd convinced me of that. Vote your heart and mind.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals

It is more important to vote BO out than to stand on a soap box now, vote for the one person that has a chance to beat him.

And you think voting Romney in will be better then Obama? I guess we will have to go through the list of all the reasons why it won't work or he has no chance because that is all most see when faced with overwhelming odds.. That's fine but how about we make a list of reasons why it will work and he does have a chance if we make it happen. Maybe if we just do not take no for answer and not settle for what the establishment parties feed us...

Is anyone interested in a real change instead of the status quo? We can dwell on failures of the past like Ross Perot or we can decide to move forward and the answers will come. it is a matter of where we place our focus.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

I decided along time ago that I would vote for Gary Johnson.Perhaps I am foolish and naive, but I still have some faith in the system.I believe that if all the people who say they aren't going to vote because one vote doesn't make a difference,would just go out and vote what they feel,it WOULD make a difference.The biggest problem with elections in the U.S. is voter apathy.I realize that some people lead really busy lives,and the excuse"I just don't have time...",comes too easily.But,really?There are many ways to vote now.You don't even have to wait until Nov. There is absentee voting weeks before election day.Some states have online voting.Hell,you can even vote by mail.So not having the time is really just a copout.
Anyway,congrats on making a decision to vote for a third party candidate.And thank you as well.Here's to HOPING the voters make a CHANGE on November 6.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

Anybody is better than Obama....

Anybody

Especially a successful business leader. We need to focus on economic recovery.

Entitlement programs will be the downfall of America.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   

reply to post by hawkiye

Anybody

Especially a successful business leader. We need to focus on economic recovery.

Honestly do you guys who make claims like this ever bother to look at track records? No anyobdy is not better then Obama

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Please show me your candidates "track record"....

Hint.... it ain't good folks.

edit on 11-9-2012 by Signals because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

I totally understand why anyone would not waste their time voting between a...

You're damned if you. You're damned if you don't. Both parties are a sham so why not never vote Republican or Democrat ever again. That's my plan, F em', I'm voting Gary Johnson.
edit on 11-9-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Not voting is the waste, taking a position and be counted will be certain to have a better effect than not participating while you still can. Demonstrate your frustration by voting against those that frustrate you...

The plus side is even enabling you to properly stand tall and say that even against the odds you took a position. Not voting is self-exclusion, even if you see the system as failed voting is the easier action anyone can take, why do you think that those in power foster by their actions and how they manage the media alienation and idiocy and why do you think that the two party system has been put in place...

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I'm probably leaning toward voting Libertarian myself. I live in deeply red Alabama so it's really a not a hard choice since AL will likely go strongly Romney, (unless the Evangelicals here decide to either sit it out or do like I'm doing rather than vote for a Mormon). That being said, I'm not really a big Gary Johnson fan, and have to wonder why Libertarians have decided to go with two Republican retreads the past two cycles with Barr and now Johnson. I'm not a Johnson fan because he started as a candidate in the GOP primaries, ran up a lot of campaign debt didn't get far in the polls and then decides to run as a Libertarian. I also don't like the fact that that Johnson winning the Libertarian candidacy was more of a coronation than a contest. Still though, voting libertarian and then against any incumbent is the best way I can think of to raise my middle finger towards both Romney and Obama. I suppose it's still possible for Johnson to piss me off enough to decide to vote either Obama or Romney. If he does my choice is going to be simple. I know what gas was a gallon in '08. If it's cheaper then Obama or if more expensive then Romney.

This was the year for any viable third party to step up and run a serious candidate. Johnson is, but I get the feeling he is entertaining the idea of maybe going back to the GOP at some point in life so he's not really making to many waves that might endanger that.

The choices this election cycle are so bad and our situation as a nation so dire, I really could not blame anyone for voting for who they think is the worse choice, just so things collapse quicker. In my view that would be Obama because Romney has a strong history of capably managing a declining business while his buddies asset strip the place.

Regardless I think that those interested in a viable third party have missed a once a generation chance to get some exposure and do some party building this cycle. It's a shame too.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Please show me your candidates "track record"....

Hint.... it ain't good folks.

edit on 11-9-2012 by Signals because: (no reason given)

You did not watch the video in the OP did you?

He is also successful business man who built a business from the ground up to the largest company of its type in his state.

Here is an over view you can google the rest if you are really interested

Left office with New Mexico as one of the only four states in the country with a balanced budget
Left New Mexico with a budget surplus
Used Line Item Veto thousands of times to trim the budget
Vetoed 750 bills during his time in office; more than all other governors combined
Cut over 1,200 government jobs without firing anyone
Created more than 20,000 new jobs
First New Mexico Governor to challenge education status quo and propose statewide voucher program
Restored State General Fund reserves to more than $222 million from a low of $28.1 million
Limited annual state budget growth to 5.0% during eight years in office
Cut taxes 14 times while never raising them—a first for New Mexico
Vetoed 32% of the total number of bills submitted for his signature www.garyjohnson2012.com...

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

The US military IS the largest American entilement program, think he will cut back on that?

www.freerepublic.com...

This past weekend, Governor Romney shed new light on the details of his plan to increase the Pentagon’s base budget to 4% of GDP. Rather, he shed new light on a detail. Speaking on a local Virginia television station on Saturday, he said:

“Rather than completing nine ships per year, I’d move that up to 15. I’d also add F-22s to our Air Force fleet.”

www.democracyarsenal.org...

HE WANTS TO CUT TAXES AND INCREASE SPENDING.........How does this help with the defecit?

How about Nancy Pelosi?
edit on 11-9-2012 by ErEhWoN because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ErEhWoN

Eh, I see the point you're trying to make but it fails becauses it's untrue. Every military member works hard for their money. A true example of military spending & entitlements would be Israel.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Every military member works hard for their money.

1. Hate to break this to ya, but there are some (in the military) that arent worth the skin their printed on.

2. Does not every citizen that works and CONTRIBUTES to Social Security and Medicare insurance deserve to have these 'entitlements' protected so they can reap the investments they have made for (in my case) the last 29 years? I work just as hard (sometimes harder) than those in the military, and have served my country in the military. I would like to have my investment protected, not given a voucher for 'x' amount and f u very much if it doesn't cover your medical. I don't want my SS invested in the crapshoot market the way my 401k is.

It may not be much when I finally retire, but it should be stable and not crash with the markets.
edit on 12-9-2012 by ErEhWoN because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-9-2012 by ErEhWoN because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Voting party lines is just giving them more power. Vote for who and what you beleive in. Every vote does count your vote is your voice.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Sorry buddy, but insanity is doing the same thing and expecting a different result. i.e. I've seen what the Dem's and Rep's have done to this country over the past 100 or so years and they have BOTH gone to such extremes in the past decade that in my mind it would be INSANE to let them continue their destructive run. It's time to give someone else a chance.

I am definitely voting 3rd party. Either Johnson or O'donnell

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join