It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Would You React

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
2 scenarios:
1) How would you react when/if aliens first appear to you personally? (They are not holding weapons, as far as we know)
2) How would you react if aliens bombed/attacked your area? (Either you are with a group or alone, what would you do)

Reply with a serious answer, don't say something like you would kill 'em all or play poker because that's not really realistic

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
1) Soil myself.
2) Soil myself.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
As a female mammal, I would first be sizing them up as mate potential, as an instinctive response, I think. To the males, if they were. If they seemed genderless, I would feel afraid. I don't know how I would act on that, though, I think you'd have to be there.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
in the first scenerio, I would want to play poker.

In the second scenerio, I would want to kill them all.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by saiyankev

1. It would all depend on the situation. Certainly a "Hello?" would be in order, as well as interrogatives into what said alien might want. Further, what does said alien look like? Is alien lots of tentacles and teeth? Does alien look like a human? It all depends on the situation.
Is alien made out of penises or baby ducks, or baby ducks with penises? It could all turn quite William S. Burroughs if one isn't careful about what sorts of aliens one associates with.

2. Dropping bombs of any sort on me would be considered a breach of good manners, and quite very rude. Being inadequately armed to deal with such ill mannered introductions, I would pursue the course of introducing asymmetrical tactics to the conversation.

... Additionally regarding #2, after the Aliens have moved on, (given that I survive) I'd stay put where the damage is already done, while everyone runs for the hills, and then the Aliens will bomb the hills that everyone is running to since they've already bombed the spot I'm at and will likely not bomb it again since the hills have not been bombed yet and that's where all the people are running to anyway.
This gives me additional time to observe their tactics, while getting up to sneaky asymmetrical mischief.

edit on 11-9-2012 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   

1) Curiosity...maybe attempt to communicate.

2) Serious panic...

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by saiyankev
2 scenarios:
1) How would you react when/if aliens first appear to you personally? (They are not holding weapons, as far as we know)
2) How would you react if aliens bombed/attacked your area? (Either you are with a group or alone, what would you do)

Reply with a serious answer, don't say something like you would kill 'em all or play poker because that's not really realistic

I would say hi, introduce myself, i would then wonder if i was hallucinating or dreaming. I would then offer it a beer and some smoke. i would then ask if there is any body in particular that they were looking for, and also ask why they were here. If they had time i would ask as many questions as i could., I would then put on some good music or a movie on while i searched the internet for the proper people to put in contact with the aliens so they are not just getting bombed at my house. Also i ould see if they wanted to trade anything(wepons, food, gold,books whatever)

If aliens attacked, i would gather supplys and head for the hills while trying to keep as much info as i could comming in. as to make the proper desicion in the future on weather to fight or run somemore.
edit on 11-9-2012 by DocHolidaze because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-9-2012 by DocHolidaze because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
1) I think I would be scared and probably freeze up a bit. I'm open to the idea that there is life out there but I think if they suddenly appeared before me, even in a non threatening way, my mind would have trouble processing it and I would be scared of the unknown.

2) I would be even more so scared in this situation for obvious reasons. I wouldn't try to fight in any way, I would probably try to run away and find a place to hide. If I was with a group I would probably try to get away from the group since a crowd is a bigger target than one or two individuals.

Either way I come off looking like a major wimp lol.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   

(1) Ask them if they want to come in out of the heat and the mosquitoes and offer them a glass of sweet tea and some warm peach cobbler- just like I would any other guest.

(2) If they were right on top of me with no way to get out I would start shooting back with everything I had, but if I had a little time I would bug out and meet my group in the pre-arranged location. Probably strategize some guerilla warfare tactics.

edit on 11-9-2012 by littled16 because: My spelling stinks!

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by saiyankev
2 scenarios:

Me personally
1) be freaked out even though I want to meet aliens, I'd be on my guard even though I know I wouldn't stand a chance, if they are friendly then we'll try to talk and go from there, if deadly... then I'll be dead quickly

2) I'd try to sneak around and hide, attempt using the blades I have (yes I have a few swords), but doubt it'll do much mostly because I'm not really a killing type person but would if it needs to be done, of course I'd try to get people together to safety then I'd do my best to keep 'em safe, I'll be f..king scared but the people need protection, I know i wouldn't survive long though

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miri08
1) I think I would be scared and probably freeze up a bit. I'm open to the idea that there is life out there but I think if they suddenly appeared before me, even in a non threatening way, my mind would have trouble processing it and I would be scared of the unknown.

2) I would be even more so scared in this situation for obvious reasons. I wouldn't try to fight in any way, I would probably try to run away and find a place to hide. If I was with a group I would probably try to get away from the group since a crowd is a bigger target than one or two individuals.

Either way I come off looking like a major wimp lol.
that's ok, I'd be a wimp to but I know things need to get done... gotta survive and help others who can't defend

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I would say what the fu@k in extreme fear, and run like hell.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by littled16

(2) If they were right on top of me with no way to get out I would start shooting back with everything I had, but if I had a little time I would bug out and meet my group in the pre-arranged location. Probably strategize some guerilla warfare tactics.

edit on 11-9-2012 by littled16 because: My spelling stinks!
ya I somehow don't believe this answer, where would you get this gun you are using?

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

1.) I'd react as I do when any strange person approaches me. I'd be on guard, ready to defend myself at a moments notice, but at the same time hope for and work towards peaceful communications.

2.) I'd probably flip them the bird for being jerks. (instinctive reaction...but that's how it'd probably go down) I like my neighborhood and we don't take kindly to drive-bys.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

edit on 9/11/12 by GENERAL EYES because: Edited to add minor clarification.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla

1. It would all depend on the situation. Certainly a "Hello?" would be in order, as well as interrogatives into what said alien might want. Further, what does said alien look like? Is alien lots of tentacles and teeth? Does alien look like a human? It all depends on the situation.
Is alien made out of penises or baby ducks, or baby ducks with penises? It could all turn quite William S. Burroughs if one isn't careful about what sorts of aliens one associates with.

2. Dropping bombs of any sort on me would be considered a breach of good manners, and quite very rude. Being inadequately armed to deal with such ill mannered introductions, I would pursue the course of introducing asymmetrical tactics to the conversation.

... Additionally regarding #2, after the Aliens have moved on, (given that I survive) I'd stay put where the damage is already done, while everyone runs for the hills, and then the Aliens will bomb the hills that everyone is running to since they've already bombed the spot I'm at and will likely not bomb it again since the hills have not been bombed yet and that's where all the people are running to anyway.
This gives me additional time to observe their tactics, while getting up to sneaky asymmetrical mischief.

edit on 11-9-2012 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)
well as weird as it was to read your first answer... I guess that's true, their appearance can change someones attitude and reactions

Ur 'additional answer'... ya that is smart, not many people would think of that

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Since I believe UFO's to be evil, inter-dimensional entities,I would run
as fast as my legs could take me!

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   

I don't know you to give you details of what I have, but I have what I need to defend myself. Got my first rifle for Christmas when I was six years old and I've had MANY years to collect and practice.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by littled16

I don't know you to give you details of what I have, but I have what I need to defend myself. Got my first rifle for Christmas when I was six years old and I've had MANY years to collect and practice.

alright, sounds like you would probably be good to have in a team to help defend

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
1) I would say it was swamp gas reflecting off the light of Venus

2) I would also say it was swamp gas reflecting off the light of Venus

Seriously
1) take me with you
2) I would still try to make contact ... we'd all be boned anyway what would there be to lose

Edit ... it wouldn't any sense why aliens would want to blow everything up ..... I would think they would want to keep the resources intact .. blowing everything up is so inefficient and time consuming when a tailored virus would do much a better job

edit on 11/9/12 by freedomSlave because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
1) If they were in London then I would probably assume they were just crazy folk and try to not make eye contact. If I actually knew they were aliens somehow then I would like to think I would ask them to give me some bit of knowledge or technology that would be helpful to people and I could use to prove to other people that I wasn't crazy

2) Drive away as fast as I can while smoking a cigarette and listening to "highway to the danger zone", thats my contingency plan in any emergency

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join