It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Will Win Presidential Debates, Voters Predict

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

I guess on the Obama care Mitt can just say, well Obama and look the mess that is creating in the state and thanks for bailing me out, but then who will bailout America when Obamacare fails?

Anyway, the debates will be fixed as usual, the writers will be making the best speeches of their lives and the clowns will be reading from them.

How about that.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
I think Romney could of had a chance to whoop Obama...if he had articulated what his plan of attack was once he was in office. But he hasn't told us what he's going to do.

We know nothing about what Romney wants to do and how he will do it. How can you debate that?
edit on 11-9-2012 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-9-2012 by sheepslayer247 because: cuz I can

edit on 11-9-2012 by sheepslayer247 because: grammar is off today

Actually we do. He put out his 5 point plan for the economy the other day..

Romney's new focus: pushing a five-point economic plan

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
So polls are ok if Ron Paul isn't mentioned?

Ok, I got it now.

reply to post by Frogs

Curtail unfair trade practices, especially those of China. "I will call China a currency manipulator and stop them in their tracks from killing American jobs."

Like China will care, that is empty rhetoric.

Cut the federal deficit by reducing federal spending below 20% of GDP. "You're not going to get entrepreneurs to go out and start an enterprise ... unless they realize we're not headed to Greece."

Well, that is yet another nice thing to say, but I want to know how he is going to do it.

Champion small business by cutting taxes and regulations, and by overturning Obamacare. "We need small business to grow. ... Small businesses have been crushed these past four years."

I still think the only thing he has against Obamacare is it's name. Just take a look at his own state to see what he wants.....Romneycare.
edit on 15-9-2012 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
well if nobama wins, be prepared for economic collapse
by the way, other then letting our debt hit 15 trillion, what GOOD has obama done in office?
*hears crickets chirping*

Stopped the economy from losing 750,000 jobs a month?

Do you forget where we were?

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Obama promised less than 8% unemployment. Yet 23 million are out of work. And the Federal Reserve has to do QE3. Not good signs by any measure.
reply to post by thepresident

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by RELDDIR

also, the number of people that are in the workforce is dropping like a rock.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by RELDDIR
Obama promised less than 8% unemployment. Yet 23 million are out of work. And the Federal Reserve has to do QE3. Not good signs by any measure.

And we are at 8.1% - if we use the same measuring stick we used in 2008 -

Hey QE3 is good for my family - we are gonna wait for better rates, take out equity and start a new
business

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
The Economic Data, that the MSM aren't talking about is SAVINGS. QE3 will hit what's left of SAVINGS HARD. Hyperinflation here we come.
reply to post by MidnightTide

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by thepresident

Originally posted by HomerinNC
well if nobama wins, be prepared for economic collapse
by the way, other then letting our debt hit 15 trillion, what GOOD has obama done in office?
*hears crickets chirping*

Stopped the economy from losing 750,000 jobs a month?

Do you forget where we were?

where at, because it sure as hell aint here!
North Carolina is at over 10% unemployed

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Excerpt:
The annual percentage change in a CPI is used as a measure of inflation.

A consumer price index (CPI) measures changes in the price level of consumer goods and services purchased by households. The CPI in the United States is defined by the Bureau of Labor Statistics as "a measure of the average change over time in the prices paid by urban consumers for a market basket of consumer goods and services."

Source:
en.wikipedia.org...

Excerpt:
The hidden change in prices of housingIn January 1983 housing prices were replaced with owners' equivalent of rent because rents are more stable. [3] Because house prices rose and fell more than rents during the housing bubble and crash, housing's effects on inflation and deflation are not reflected in the CPI.

Source:
en.wikipedia.org...

Originally posted by thepresident

And we are at 8.1% - if we use the same measuring stick we used in 2008 -

Hey QE3 is good for my family - we are gonna wait for better rates, take out equity and start a new
business

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by theconspirator
The GOP deffinatly picked the wrong person to go up against such a charismatic leader.

The GOP picked the wrong guy ... because he's the wrong guy.
As for Obama being a 'charismatic leader' ...
.. his record shows he's a sucky leader.
Obama and Romney both are sucky and both will have horrid records to defend at the debates.
The DEMS picked the wrong guy .. they should have picked Hillary in 2008.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Real Unemployment = 29 million
Excerpt:
What's the Real Unemployment Rate? Submitted by Robert Oak on Wed, 08/10/2011 - 04:05

Currently the unemployed are 13.931 million, those who are employed, yet part-time for economic reasons are 8.396 million. Now, instead of using marginally attached, which is people not part of the labor force who actually looked for a job in the last year and derive U-6, let's add all of those not in the labor force who reported wanting a job, currently at 6,575 million. The marginally attached are part of these 6,575 million people. If you add of of these groups together, it becomes 28,902,000 people wanting a full time job, or any job. The non-institutional civilian population is 239,671,000.

Source:
What's the Real Unemployment Rate? Submitted by Robert Oak on Wed, 08/10/2011 - 04:05
www.economicpopulist.org...

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   
To me the difference is clear as day and night. Obama is weak at numbers and it's obvious. Romney will take Obama to school on numbers, not just rhetoric.

**I predict Obama will make a big gaffe at the debates involving numbers** (you heard it hear first)
reply to post by FlyersFan

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   

To me the difference is clear as day and night. Obama is weak at numbers and it's obvious. Romney will take Obama to school on numbers, not just rhetoric.

Yes. But the voting crowds are enchanted by catch phrases and slogans like 'yes we can'. Give them information of substance .. like show them the fact that Obama's foreign policy - which is 'appease and apologize' - doesn't work, and a large portion don't seem to care. It's really strange ...

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Slogans only work with Democrats, not Republicans and especially not independents.
reply to post by FlyersFan

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Debates? What Friggin Debates? More like a staged reality TV show. Anyway, It'll probably be like the Bush / Gore debate...I agree...I agree...I agree...I agree...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join