It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mohamed al Zawahiri proposes peace plan

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   

The brother of al Qaeda leader Ayman al Zawahiri is proposing to mediate a peace deal between the West and Islamists.
In an exclusive interview with CNN, Mohamed al Zawahiri unveiled his proposal for the first time, saying he is in a unique position to help end the violence and that both sides need to make concessions.[/ex[

His six-page proposal offers a 10-year truce if the following terms are met. In brief they are:
• U.S. and West to stop intervening in Muslim lands
• U.S. to stop interfering in Muslim education
• U.S. to end the war on Islam
• U.S. to release all Islamist prisoners.
The document also calls on Islamists to change their behavior too:
• Stop attacks on Western and U.S. interests
• Protect legitimate Western and U.S. interests in Muslim lands
• Stop provoking the U.S. and the West
www.cnn.com...

Osama bin Laden put forth a similar plan in 2004, which was rejected. It is believed the London attacks were related to the plan's dismissal.

Mohamed al-Zawahiri has quite a story.

Muhammad Rabee al-Zawahiri (born 1953 was sentenced to death by an Egyptian court, but instead he was held and interrogated by Egyptian security forces. He was one of 14 people subjected to extraordinary rendition by the CIA prior to the 2001 declaration of a War on Terror. He is Ayman al-Zawahiri's younger brother.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Wow, ok , I'm not fully versed in this subject, but this is really interesting. I hope this happens. If not, it's an olive branch......in a way?

Looking forward to the discussion.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainBeno

Damn your avatar cracks me up...

But I tend to think the "West" thinks releasing all prisoners will be a non-starter.

Nice gesture but I also seriously doubt he can restrain the more radical elements of Islam.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by PatrickGarrow17

Its something and that's what matters most. At lest they are trying to make peace with us. The timing is prefect as well. Obama will get the nod of congratulations as republicans put on war paint. This will make for an interesting election year to say the lest.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Actually...that deal sounds pretty fair. What's stopping us from accepting it? And all of the Muslim lands and their officials are willing to abide by this truce until such time as the terms are violated?

edit on 11-9-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Everything but the release of prisoners seems to be, to me, logical and doable. I am wholly against our war, and even I am completely for fully vetting the entire process before such a commitment is made. These are people who have every right to hate us, and I think releasing them without a thoughtful process would be wholly foolish.

Regardless of my own thoughts, I can tell you that our Military Dictatorship will never allow for this. NEVER. Not if it means conceding anything. They are alpha males, and only accept victory, not truce.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
10 years sure not a chance they want us to let our guard down so they can make more progressive plans. Sorry you started it on 9-11 we will decide when you have had enough. Come back again in 10 years with an offer.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainBeno

He makes some good points [I disagree with much too though] unfortunately he doesn't speak for all those involved.

One side or the other will most likely kill him to avoid peace.
Agendas on all sides are very powerful motives

IMHO

edit on 11-9-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Whats stoppping us?
the fact that all that oil is on their land thats what.

deal shmeal.. we'll drive them out if they want it or not!

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

That's a terrible, terrible way to look at it. Maybe now would be the perfect opportunity to stop depending on other countries for our natural resources and start finding healthier forms of fuel.

Seriously, in the long run, screw the oil. We'd be much safer finding our own fuel and avoiding more wars. And beating the crap out of other nations to get what we want is the worst example we could possibly make. Just accept the deal and establish our own resources. If we can't get along, we should stay away.
edit on 11-9-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
The Zionists will never allow this to happen, they own the West and they need us fighting the muslims to wipe each other out. No matter how reasonable the offer, it will be rejected.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Yeah dude your totally right eh..

.. try telling the psychopaths in the military industrial complex who enjoy CASH coming from the corporate theives.

Its the truth though, we dont want peace with them no matter how rosey and perfect it is.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
As I recall, the FIRST Mohammed's MO was to offer a ten year treaty to his enemies, which he always broke as soon as conditions favored him. Forget Greeks bearing gifts, keep on the lookout for a Muslim with a peace treaty.

Moammar Gadaffi released 240 al-Qaeda linked Libyan Islamic Fighting Group terrorists in an effort to appease the Islamist. How'd that work out for him? Does anyone really believe these maggots would keep their word to the infidel West if they would betray a fellow Arab and Muslim who had just freed them?
edit on 9/11/2012 by TTAA2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I think it's a good gesture, but really when I take a long hard think about it, it's a non-starter. For a start, I would imagine there are a number of seriously intelligent prisoners locked away for our comfort. Sure your average combatant poses no real threat apart from behind a sniper riffle but it's the computer/electronics nerds you have to watch out for.......how many of them do the US have I wonder?

Releasing them is asking for it. Plus I would imagine most of them are even more pissed off by now.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   

First off wow that would be awesome. But it makes me go hmmm...

These guys are really smart and angry tho, not saying the have not been provoked. We have done that by kicking the proverbial beehive known as the middle east. But there is unfound violence on thier own people so I do not defend thier actions at all. Anyway my point being if you look at a simular event in history say the vietnam war and apply it to this it brings one thing to my mind.

The tet offensive, one swift effective (sorta) all out attack during an implied cease fire. Completely caught everyone off guard. This peace offer has that sort of aroma to me, wait till everyone is sleeping and chill then a big gotcha moment. But I have a feeling that we wont be bamboozeled again.

Or they are desperate and falling apart and want to have time to regroup. Just sayin I hope its sincere but fool me once.....

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I agree with some of the other negative posters and don't really like the wording.

'Stop attacking us completely and ... I'll ask my buddies to stop blowing stuff up.'

Plus the weasel words. The US could never agree to a peace treaty for a war that isn't happening and could never agree to one that claims they're actually attacking a religion.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Seems that they forgot to include the part where the US has to let Israel fight Iran one on one .

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop

Whats stoppping us?
the fact that all that oil is on their land thats what.

deal shmeal.. we'll drive them out if they want it or not!

The USA has TWICE the oil reserves of the entire middle east right under its feet. The oil sands in Canada have more than Saudi Arabia alone.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by TTAA2012
As I recall, the FIRST Mohammed's MO was to offer a ten year treaty to his enemies, which he always broke as soon as conditions favored him. Forget Greeks bearing gifts, keep on the lookout for a Muslim with a peace treaty.

Moammar Gadaffi released 240 al-Qaeda linked Libyan Islamic Fighting Group terrorists in an effort to appease the Islamist. How'd that work out for him? Does anyone really believe these maggots would keep their word to the infidel West if they would betray a fellow Arab and Muslim who had just freed them?
edit on 9/11/2012 by TTAA2012 because: (no reason given)

What else needs to be said other than learn from history? I was waiting on this comment...

Quick somebody... Have him climb the flag pole, and put an end to this one.

BreakingNews: Militant Islamists attack American consulate in Benghazi: correspondent

Thread

Source

edit on 11-9-2012 by Americanist because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-9-2012 by Americanist because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
The man in the video's brother, Ayman al Zawahiri, has been considered the #2 leader behind bin-Laden and by some accounts the brains of the operation.

Some quotes:

"Didn't the lion of Islam, the Mujahid Shaykh Osama bin Laden, may Allah protect him, offer you a truce so that you might depart from the Islamic lands? But you were obstinate and were led by arrogance to more crime and your foreign secretary, Jack Straw, said these proposals deserve to be met with contempt."

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join