learn more

Netanyahu To Obama: ‘Wait For What? Wait Until When?’

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bhadhidar
Publically telling Netanyahu to go "Sit on It", so to speak, would potentially weaken Netanyahu's control back home; giving rise to possibly even less rational heads in the Israeli government.

That is exactly what Obama did. He snubbed Netanyahu, a head of state, in a very big way.

Seems to me that President Obama is mustering every ounce of diplomacy he can find to keep Israel and/or Iran from dragging All of Us over the cliff to Apocolypse.

Maybe our ideas of diplomacy are different. Telling a head of state to go screw themselves isn't very diplomatic. I'd talk to them in private.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by MagyarVagyok
reply to post by 08051962

08051962 wrote this ... :

"Because of Obama, our country will be cursed by GOD!

Those who bless Israel will be blessed.
Those who curse Israel will be CURSED. "

You are really sick person. This is why we have war everywhere , because religious fu_ck sick people cause the problem, and killing each other in the name of their "god"...
edit on 12-9-2012 by MagyarVagyok because: (no reason given)
edit on 12-9-2012 by MagyarVagyok because: (no reason given)

I wan to star your post a million times.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 04:42 AM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

Well here is to hoping you never have any position of power when you think the President should be on a late night show rather than meeting with a head of state.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04
reply to post by rigel4

Well here is to hoping you never have any position of power when you think the President should be on a late night show rather than meeting with a head of state.

You better believe it, because if i did have power Israel would be dropped like a hot brick!

Are you one of those that believe you will be cursed if yo don't support Israel?

Israel is an arrogant state that needs knocking down a peg.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by rigel4

reply to post by rigel4

You better believe it, because if i did have power Israel would be dropped like a hot brick!

Are you one of those that believe you will be cursed if yo don't support Israel?

No I am one of those who realize Israel is the only country that does not want to see America destroyed in that region. I also realize a LOT of time and effort is spent by terrorists targeting Israel. Without them that time and effort would be spent on us. You, are simply clueless.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by rigel4

reply to post by rigel4

No I am one of those who realize Israel is the only country that does not want to see America destroyed in that region. I also realize a LOT of time and effort is spent by terrorists targeting Israel. Without them that time and effort would be spent on us. You, are simply clueless.

Are you 14 or just brainwashed?
It is Israelis treatment of the Palestinians and it's Arab neighbours that gets them targeted.
Israel is an aggressive expansionist country that has no regard for international law.

America makes the mistake of backing the Israelis and laying down double standards that the rest of the Arab world resents.

Top of the list here is the Israel's nuclear weapons............... we can have them ..but you Arabs can not.
If the thought of a nuclear armed Middle East scares Israel , then there is a really simple solution!

Announce to the world they (Israel ) have Nuclear weapons and decommission them. Sort out a two state solution with Palestinians and live in peace with them

But no , they have them herded into a concentration camp on the Gaza strip.

edit on 13-9-2012 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

Your personal attacks as well as your clueless responses means further discourse is impossible with you. Goodnight.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 05:12 AM
link   

reply to post by rigel4

Your personal attacks as well as your clueless responses means further discourse is impossible with you. Goodnight.

You can't answer me , is the honest truth here. you'll be missed.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Wow! A lot of hate, diatribes, and name calling going on around here? Maybe the Israeli's know something about the Iranian nuclear program that the US does not? They know the Middle East like the back of their hands, and their intelligence gathering techniques in that part of the world is second to none. Now, the President is not going to know what the Israeli's have found on their end, and Netanyahu has no idea what the position is regarding the United States?

Israel has subtlely gone on record as stating that it will attack Iran with or with out the US, and it could very well be before the November elections? They are absolutely terrified of even entertaining the prospect of Iran possessing a functional nuclear weapon. I would be willing to bet that Iran is a lot closer to putting the finishing touches on completing their bomb than any of us think. As I have said before, I do not want to learn of an Iranian nuclear test as we have had to endure with North Korea. If I recall, every so-called expert kept on kicking the can down the road regarding that issue and downplaying their capability of pulling it off. They did! Iran can do it too.

If Iran does get the bomb? Say good bye to Israel as result of emboldened fanatics, repeated attacks from the Iranian proxies, and over time in walks that little known but dreaded Samson Option. Expect US positions and assets being overrun in the Middle East, and it will make these latest embassy attacks seem like child's play. In addition, it will embolden fanactics at home and abroad to attack US assets, civilians, and their allies. Oil prices will spike with an attack, or by Iran testing their first nuclear weapon. This is chess not checkers!

Ridiculing the Israeli Prime Minister and lambasting the Israeli government is not going to get us anywhere. It behooves the President and his cabinet to remain informed about this issue. Israel has attacked before, and without the consent of the US or the internatioanl community when they felt their security was threatened. I recall when they bombed Saddam Hussein's Osirik Power Plant. It stunned the world.

Therefore, is it not a good idea to remain abrest of Israel's intentions, and to reinforce the intentions of the United States? I hate to break it to anyone, but the US has interests in that region. Like naval ships in the gulf, embassies, and military installations. Either way, Iran gets the bomb, or they are attacked? All of that will be at inherent risk. One way or another, the US is going to get dragged into this thing. They can do it by being informed and prepared, or it can be through kicking and screaming. A lot of geopolitical bafoonery going around lately?
edit on 13-9-2012 by Jakes51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Well, sorry to mention, but if Obama doesn't support him and starts acting, AIPAC is gonna park all the support and campaign money at Romney`s.
edit on 13-9-2012 by Foppezao because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by NightFlight
It's pretty obvious ole Bennie Boy authorized mossad to attack our two embassies ...

Do you also refer to Muslims as 'towel heads'? etc etc :shk:

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Neocon neocon on the wall, where should we bomb, we'll bomb them all!

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by DaesDaemar

Seabag, you seem to love Israel more than the country you live in.

Pot meet kettle…

How do you draw that conclusion?

Should the POTUS turn his back as war looms? Should America (the POTUS) not do what it can to calm tensions?

Yes!, Yes!, Yes! he should turn his back. So should any sane person. War is all about individuals ordering lots of people to kill and be killed. War is insane and should only be used in defence and as a last resort. Why should the USA attack Iran? Potus or not, the USA should not oblige Israel's order to attack Iran simply because they are allied. The evidence that Iran is building a bomb is non-existent. So why attack Iran? Regime change? ah but that breaks international law or doesn't that matter anymore?
edit on 13-9-2012 by robbo961 because: a cock up

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides

If Israel attacks Iran this year it will be Obama’s fault.

Wow dude, regardless of your Party Afflilation, blaming the current POTUS for the actions of a Psycho, is a new low , even for you.

You simply are ignorant. Netanyahu asked to meet with Obama. Obama said he couldn't, he's too busy. Then later that day he revealed why he's so busy, he's going to be on Letterman. Some leader.
so in your mind the president should drop everything anytime netanYAHOO comes calling? Yeah, that's leadership

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Obama remark on Benjamin Netanyahu: "You're fed up with him, but I have to deal with him every day!"

I am not surprised that he finally blew him off after saying that to Sarkozy. People say he is Israel's puppet while he's doing things like this. Is it an act to fool people into believing otherwise? If it is hardly anybody gives lip service to it so I'm guessing it's real. Do you think he should have to listen to this same information repeatedly his entire presidency? I don't think he should have to repeat himself indefinitely if his answer is no. This guy is tripping balls like Iran is going to nuke him tomorrow.
edit on 13-9-2012 by ezwip because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
You guys gotta remember...political goings-on and public sentiment/opinion, etc., all have much bearing on this situation.

I like to read Haaretz to get the low-down from the Israeli side.

Reshuffling the Deck

The articles tend to be long but always full of good info....and I find the editorial articles to be the best reading to *check the weather report* as they say.

The one I posted the link to, above, is especially interesting and relevant to Netanyahu trying to pressure Obama as if there is some sort of unspoken deadline hidden in the US election date. The impression some posters have of Bibi's near-to-temper-tantrum impatience is not imagined at all, it seems.

But this one sentence out of that article sums up A LOT about the US/Israel diplomatic relationship...even though it is meant to apply within Israel...it bears true outside as well:

In Israeli politics you don't need much more than common adversaries and a desire for revenge to create a wonderful political partnership.

Like...how true is that???!?

More good info in this article about NATO's European Commander's assessment of the current threat level against Israel...and there is a little bit which also might shed some light on what happened in Libya....and is happening there, still, and in Egypt, too...and mentions the US's dedication to the safety of Israel.

And it just dawned on me...the idea of ATTACKING Iran because Israel...or maybe just Bibi...wants us to...is not the same thing at all as the idea of PROTECTING the security of Israel...

In other words...if they want protection, they've got it. To want bombing attacks and stuff on top of that is aggression. If we are such an awesome big brother type safeguard, then there is no need to bomb Iran for any reason...even building a bomb...not that I think they are...but so what if they are?

If we are that valuable as protection...then it ought to be satisfactory.

Barak might be of the same mind, as suggested in this short article.

But the main game-changer in all this, I think, is that Netanyahu is finding himself more and more speaking only for himself in these pleadings and attempts to persuade the US to lead the charge...the people of both Israel and Iran are speaking out against the possibility of going to war with each other...notably on Facebook but it is spreading. Now, if you read the article about Reshuffling the Deck, it appears that there are nightly protesters in front of Barak's home and both public and political sentiment is moving away from Bibi's pro-active stance and more toward the idea of working things out with negotiations (for real, then, at last, maybe?) and compromises...working toward actual peace that will endure rather than another terrible conflict where people die and nothing is resolved and more hard feelings are created to continue to brew and fester.

The truth is one that most of us in the US can relate to...the people are SICK to death of all the violence and the attempts to force ideals and goals upon others who have their own...the main slogan on the posters many make for the Israel loves Iran and Iran loves Israel campaign say simply "Not Ready to Die in Your War."

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

I don't know, perhaps meeting the leader of Israel is a bit more important then going on Letterman to make a campaign speech.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

Originally posted by Tw0Sides

If Israel attacks Iran this year it will be Obama’s fault.

Wow dude, regardless of your Party Afflilation, blaming the current POTUS for the actions of a Psycho, is a new low , even for you.

You simply are ignorant. Netanyahu asked to meet with Obama. Obama said he couldn't, he's too busy. Then later that day he revealed why he's so busy, he's going to be on Letterman. Some leader.
so in your mind the president should drop everything anytime netanYAHOO comes calling? Yeah, that's leadership

No, the President should not place campaigning on Letterman ahead of ANY head of state. Or do you think looking good for the cameras takes precendence over doing his actual job? Now then you can show me where I stated Obama should drop whatever he is doing anytime Netanyahu and only Netanyahu comes calling. Or you can apologize for trying to twist my words, not that I expect you to do either.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightTide
reply to post by captaintyinknots

I don't know, perhaps meeting the leader of Israel is a bit more important then going on Letterman to make a campaign speech.

He didn't say he wouldn't meet with him. He said he would not meet with him at that specific time.

Again, in your mind, the president of the USA should drop scheduled plans to meet with netanYAHOO? And if he did, would all you anti-obama fanatics NOT be saying he was Israel's puppet?

None of you would be happy, no matter what he did. Frankly, it's about time a president made a statement to netanYAHOO. He doesnt get to call a meeting whenever and wherever he wants.

Or we could have more of the same pro-terrorist nation presidents as we've had in the past, who bow to whatever netanYAHOO wants. I'll take the former.

And lets be clear here, Obama did not say he wouldnt meet with netanYAHOO. He said he wouldn't meet with him at THAT SPECIFIC TIME AND DATE.

If it wasnt Israel, would you have the same issue with it? Why is it so important to meet with the leader of Israel, to listen to him beat the war drums ever louder?

edit on 13-9-2012 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join