It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something HUGE has hit jupiter

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Massive Explosion.

Explosion looks bigger than Earth....
edit on 9/11/2012 by truthinfact because: (no reason given)

CBS News Article News Article
edit on 9/11/2012 by truthinfact because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Sorry but I don't think that is real , I may be wrong but I think the impact happened in someones bedroom using editing software .
A more reliable source than an upload to flickr would be nice but I doubt you'll find it .

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Here is a link, looks to be pretty big!
www.cbsnews.com...

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by gortex
Sorry but I don't think that is real , I may be wrong but I think the impact happened in someones bedroom using editing software .
A more reliable source than an upload to flickr would be nice but I doubt you'll find it .

Ain't that always the case? Truth is what one wants to believe. Your truth is it's fake. Got proof it's fake?

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Bilk22

LOL truth is CBS News LOL

link   
Search is your friend thread on it already

www.abovetopsecret.com...

link   
To add to the op... National Geographic isn't known for carrying rumors..and this looks legit to me. Hmm

Jupiter Explosion Spotted

What the heck could that have been? That was huge by scale!

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bilk22

Originally posted by gortex

Ain't that always the case? Truth is what one wants to believe. Your truth is it's fake. Got proof it's fake?

Did you miss this part of my post

I may be wrong but I think

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
IMO it seems to happen much to fast to be real. When something that large happens it usually takes longer than half a second and we see some visible after effects hanging around for ages.

But judging by some of the agencies reporting on it i could be wrong.

edit on 11-9-2012 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by damonblack

Thank you

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
It was nibiru. It hit jupiter and now the world wont end on the 21st

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
If jupiter is nothing but gas, how does a collision and the resulting plumes into space occur?

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
God I hope it was my Ex.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by theconspirator

No one knows what the core of jupiter is for sure but the gas alone will exert pressure on a meteorite causing it to burn and explode. We can see this happen in our skies when we watch a shooting star or are lucky enough to see a meteorite shower. One theory is that the explosion stirs up different layers within Jupiter causng what we might see as plumes. The density of the gas within Jupiter is great enough I would think to burn up or explode any likely comet or meteorite before it could ever reach whatever core Jupiter may have.
edit on 9/11/2012 by iforget because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by theconspirator
If jupiter is nothing but gas, how does a collision and the resulting plumes into space occur?

The gas planets may actually be solid at the core. Some theorize that giant diamonds are the core of some of the gas giants, due to compressed carbon.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by kimish

Oh please don't say that too loud...lol. Our wives are likely to hijack a space shuttle and head to get that Diamond any day...... (gets a funny look for a moment) ..you know, actually, don't mind me. Tell us more about this diamond theory. On second though I believe we ought to hear all about it!

On a more serious note...Wouldn't this have been in the upper atmosphere if not right at the first cloud layers? It seems so well defined for size and shape to have been much deeper below gas and clouds?

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

It was some page I came across while using StumbleUpon (which I love BTW) and Scientist say that the gas giants centers could be possibly be made of carbon. That carbon would be compressed (the article explained why and how) and we all know how diamonds are formed so there it is.

But yeah, I would say it happened in the upper atmosphere. Just like meteors burn up in our atmosphere, maybe Jupiter's atmosphere is made up of highly combustible gasses causing the effects that we saw.
edit on 11-9-2012 by kimish because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Spaceweather.com

Seems legit, according to Nasa's spaceweather site!

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trillium
Search is your friend thread on it already

www.abovetopsecret.com...

*Thread closed*

new topics

top topics

join