It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An armed mob protesting over a film they said offended Islam, attacked the US consulate in the Libya

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Pinkorchid

You are being played

Who can honestly say that he/she is acting with complete knowledge and understanding of a situation with no possibility of their knowledge and objectives suffering distortion from others?

just like you all were for 911.

We all have to have something to believe in - some concept to apply the human need for faith to.

This is a major set up, too many coincidences in dates and timing.

Obviously, the U.S. Government is the only one capable of acting on symbolism.

Its to get you all fired up against the Arab nations in preperation for a mandate to eventually invade Iran.

This operates under the flawed assumption that it would be necessary to do this to invade Iran.

We could crush Iran on a whim.

And we wouldn't stick around. Afghanistan has taught us that barren desert wastelands are outside the realm of standard economic viability. There is little in the way worth trading - no natural resources, no skilled labor or industrial expertise ... just sand and people who survive while killing each other using convoluted legal systems as an excuse for entertainment.

Having learned that lesson - there's not a nation to build out of the mess. Crush it and leave. The entire operation would cost less than the construction of an aircraft carrier.

Desert Storm , mark 3 or is that 4 or are you now heading for 5. Your being lead by the emotional nose into World War 3. WAKE UP!!!!

The only ones I see getting worked up to the point of real blood lust are the groups that were manipulated by radical elements that had already planned these attacks months in advance and were merely waiting for an excuse/opportunity to implement them.

The average Joe was just joining in on the only action to come along. In private - he makes jokes about the religion and what-not like any other human being does. But since he is so restricted in what he can do - he'll take the opportunity to get in on the excitement when killing people for blasphemy.

Honestly, though, I've come to the conclusion that the end of the world will start in this corner of the world - probably December 12 (why not) - and our unit will be riding the shock wave out of here.

I'm being silly, mind you... but I better find some wood to knock on, just in case.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by sad_eyed_lady

The icing on the cake is Obama refusing to meet with Israeli Prime Minister Netanyahu.

Let's also note that Iran is set to unveil a cruise missile capable of reaching any city in Israel that can be launched from land, sea, and air.
freebeacon.com...

Feel like my head is going to explode.

Hopefully the Iranians have good aim.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Who can honestly say that he/she is acting with complete knowledge and understanding of a situation with no possibility of their knowledge and objectives suffering distortion from others?

Well one would hope one gains some sort of knowledge from experience of events and is able to from those events , to see the manipulations of the societal programming and with some form of intellect predict the same sorts of societal programming occuring again.

We all have to have something to believe in - some concept to apply the human need for faith to

Belief is an important construct of society, but what is needed is not to lead through our beliefs and faiths into committing crimes that are in fact counter and abhorant to those beliefs and faiths. To view things objectively and not to be persuaded through knee-jerk reactions into compounding or escalating any situation that turns those faith and beliefs into hypocracy.

Afghanistan has taught us that barren desert wastelands are outside the realm of standard economic viability. There is little in the way worth trading - no natural resources,

Beg to differ here , the rare minerals ( lithium etc ) for nearly every I phone I pad and other modern technology.
Oil reserves and of course the poppy fields , which supply most of the illicit financial funding for ultra governments and their counter insurgent operations world wide.

Crush it and leave. The entire operation would cost less than the construction of an aircraft carrier.

Ummmmmm well , lets take a look at this , well it seems that money is more important that peoples lives to you. Does human life mean so little to you?.

The only ones I see getting worked up to the point of real blood lust are the groups that were manipulated by radical elements that had already planned these attacks months in advance and were merely waiting for an excuse/opportunity to implement them.

Just wait until the media gets a good hold on this ,and infact most of the manip ulation happens through government insurgents , who infiltrate radical organizations and plan way ahead of time these events.
edit on 13-9-2012 by Pinkorchid because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by kx12x

Did you expec t anything different from this administration? Sadly there are many even on this site who behave just like this admin and condemn America their own country.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Pinkorchid

Well one would hope one gains some sort of knowledge from experience of events and is able to from those events , to see the manipulations of the societal programming and with some form of intellect predict the same sorts of societal programming occuring again.

The problem with this line of thinking is that no person is completely independent in terms of sources of information and situational awareness.

Sometimes the easiest people to play are the ones who always believe they are being played.

Beg to differ here , the rare minerals ( lithium etc ) for nearly every I phone I pad and other modern technology.

Possibly. I'm not quite so convinced that the country has such readily accessible resources.

Becoming a raw materials exporter in today's world would be a very, very good position for them. Of course, the problem is that they would have to stop blowing each other and outsiders up long enough to start seeing some of the benefits of their minerals. The tribal structuring there can be a real pain.

Oil reserves

lol is all that really needs to be said to this.

and of course the poppy fields , which supply most of the illicit financial funding for ultra governments and their counter insurgent operations world wide.

Mostly supply AQ funding. Busting up poppy production in Afghanistan has been a primary goal of U.S. Army Reserve deployments since we hit the ground.

It's the only "natural resource" Afghanistan has, and the only crop worth farming due to its native status and the fact that no other crop can approach it in terms of profitability. Further complicating the issue is that AQ will come along and destroy other crops and harass the families of people who try to steer away from poppy production.

Getting involved with AQ is dangerous - but so is trying to get away from them.

Which is the up-hill battle we've been fighting over there. AQ is -the- employer for that country. They have the money and jobs to offer.

Competing pursuits are, literally, killed off. Not that there's much to compete against.

Ummmmmm well , lets take a look at this , well it seems that money is more important that peoples lives to you. Does human life mean so little to you?.

You failed to understand my point.

We could crush a regional power (Iran) without even flinching in terms of economic consequences. It's a truly frightening capability, as 'crushing' a country in the past required massive investments of time and resources - public rationing, attritionary loses, etc.

Though, really, I compartmentalize things. I'll watch you drop a hundred dollars on a collectors edition video game and be just fine with it. I'll walk to the store a mile away because I don't want to spend -my- $0.30 on gas to get there and back.

Similarly, if I don't know you or you've done something to establish yourself as a threat to things I care about - I really am not going to care much about your life one way or the other. On the other hand - if you're someone I care about - I'd kill millions without batting an eye for your sake.

Human life is a factor to be weighed like any other. People take life and death far, far too personally.

Just wait until the media gets a good hold on this ,and infact most of the manip ulation happens through government insurgents , who infiltrate radical organizations and plan way ahead of time these events.

People deal with the unknown in strange ways.

Very few actually accept the chaos and unpredictability of life - the fact that none of us really have control.

Most subscribe to varying degrees and concepts of God or other spiritual devices. Some think life is 100% under God's command and control, and they take it to such extremes as believing that they can do just about whatever they want and God will either keep them alive or kill them as he desires (hence why some in the more conservative Islamic nations will, literally, walk out in front of moving vehicles - "let God's will be done; I'm walking across this street!"). Others think God's got a sort of plan that humans end up playing into through some system of mechanics we don't comprehend. Others think that God is largely hands-off and merely has a sort of ultimatum for the universe.

Lacking a firm belief in some form of God, people seek out other entities to fill the same role - something that places meaning, order, and certainty in a world where there is so little.

You, my friend, have assigned this role to the government. Nothing happens on the global scene without the government's hand being involved. Nothing surprises the government and its intelligence networks - nothing slips past it. It is omniscient and omnipotent (yet you somehow believe you can resist its influence).

It is, for you, God.

/End Blaspheme.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Bottom Line Romney stood up for the 1st amendment Obama admin and liberals attacking the filmmaker exercising his 1st Amendment rights enough said. Im voting Romney

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by JayFlores

The real cave dwelling morons appear to live in the United States busy making movies based on racial hatred to set the world ablaze.

I feel sorry for the individuals concerned who lost their lives at the embassy building, however the United States needs to grow up and accept that there are limits to freedom of speech in a civilised society, otherwise US foreign policy is not being dictated from Washington but by some mentally retarded KKK church pastor in Alabama or wherever that dick-wad comes from.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by knightrider078
Bottom Line Romney stood up for the 1st amendment Obama admin and liberals attacking the filmmaker exercising his 1st Amendment rights enough said. Im voting Romney

Good for you. Maybe you could make your own sicko video and take delight in your first amendment, Maybe kill a few more Americans on the way.

Give yourself a nice big mindless patriotic slap on the back.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Two words.

Global Posturing.

Flexing to see who has the biggest nuts

edit on 13-9-2012 by Common Good because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by sy.gunson

The real cave dwelling morons appear to live in the United States busy making movies based on racial hatred to set the world ablaze.

I feel sorry for the individuals concerned who lost their lives at the embassy building, however the United States needs to grow up and accept that there are limits to freedom of speech in a civilised society, otherwise US foreign policy is not being dictated from Washington but by some mentally retarded KKK church pastor in Alabama or wherever that dick-wad comes from.

Nobody died or got hurt from a low budget youtube video. We don't live in the stone age anymore it's time to relax a bit, protest all you want but don't act like animals about it, the hate is blinding.
All of America did not make the video some 80 people did.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
We can do what you want and throw out the US Constitution and ban any and all speech that offend the Islamic Extremists

Originally posted by mr-lizard

Originally posted by knightrider078

Good for you. Maybe you could make your own sicko video and take delight in your first amendment, Maybe kill a few more Americans on the way.

Give yourself a nice big mindless patriotic slap on the back.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
We can do what you want and throw out the US Constitution and ban any and all speech that offend the Islamic Extremists

Originally posted by sy.gunson

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
A civilized society does not place limits on speech.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I CANT FRACKEN believe how many people on here are worried about offending the radical extremists and wanting to defend the extremists
edit on 13-9-2012 by knightrider078 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by sy.gunson

I know, right!

It's the craziest thing! Every time we make a joke about some other culture - they get stock-raving mad and tear up millions of dollars worth of infrastructure while killing some of their own!

Every time!

How intelligent and civilized they are, showing such outrage at the injustice and hubris displayed by our society.

What you said offends me. I think I will go kill a dozen or so people because what you've said is so offensive.

Your country needs to grow up and realize that there are limits to freedom of speech. The foreign policy you set forth endangers the lives of other people, and it is therefor their responsibility to muzzle you and keep you from spouting things I don't like.

The squeaky wheel gets the oil, as they say.

There's also another saying about when you point one finger, there's three pointing back at you.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darkrunner

Originally posted by RizeorDie
The USA went over great lengths to radicalise the muslims and its finally paid off

Wrong. Please try again.

There has always been a radical arm of Islam. The ones that throw acid in the face of young girls because they want to go to school. "Oh no! we can't have women learning math, history and language! Kill that bitch!"

These people (al Qaeda, idiotic tribesmen) are the scum of the earth. Even if the US wasn't involved in the middle east, these cave men will still be shooting women because a toe slipped out from underneath the burka.

No respect for these idiots at all. Uneducated filth. It has nothing to do with whether or not the US is in Afghanistan. They've been doing the same # for centuries.

So the same ones that clamor for womens rights over here, turn a blind eye and say "Oh, what a shame. That girl was going to school to learn, but got acid in her face, but don't get involved"

alqaeda is created by the USA and its also a wing of wahabism which was placed in power in Saudi Arabia by the British

enjoy your eluded life

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Couldnt be bothered to start a new thread but its going off in Sudan now too....

Violent protesters attack German embassy in Sudan

video.foxnews.com...

What the hell is wrong with these people???

I think its time to pull all non-muslims out of the area.... otherwise I can see this getting real bad!!

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist
Couldnt be bothered to start a new thread but its going off in Sudan now too....

Violent protesters attack German embassy in Sudan

video.foxnews.com...

What the hell is wrong with these people???

I think its time to pull all non-muslims out of the area.... otherwise I can see this getting real bad!!

What is wrong with these people? They do not understand that to kill in the name of religion, race, ideology etc. were the principles of the era that ended with WWII in 1945. Now humans kill others for resources like oil, commodities etc. However, Muslim countries lack social education regarding advancements of the global societies. Unlike Germany and Japan, muslim nations would not allow US or others to change their ways of life and teach them a thing or two about freedoms in the society. Only hope is that these nations change their ways, just like Russians changed their ways from communism. However, it was economic plight due to cold war that was one of the major reasons. What kind of indirect plight will make Muslim nations change their ways slightly and disallow any religious fanatic rhetoric in daily walks of life?

Ex: In today's Germany to deny that Holocaust ever happened is a crime. Such enforcements are needed in other places and cultures too regarding social matters.
edit on 14-9-2012 by victor7 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join