It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An armed mob protesting over a film they said offended Islam, attacked the US consulate in the Libya

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Islam will eventually die out. More and more rational folks are seeing the barbarism that is unleashed from this sect and so like nostradamus said, WW III will be islam vs the world.

Oh well

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
The biggest problem here is not Islam, but rather the persons who would push to these ends. We have lived with Islam for millennium, and this kind of extremism has always been rare unless someone has been stirring the pot so to speak.

Prince Nayef said of 9/11 that Israel and the Muslim Brotherhood were responsible. Seems to me the same were responsible for the fall of Egypt, and this seems like reprisal for Obama not kissing Netanyahu's ass!

We all know Israeli influenced the Egypt mess and still has the same influence in Egypt now!

Thats right folks, I say if it looks like a duck and walks like a duck – it’s an FN duck.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by dominicus
Islam will eventually die out. More and more rational folks are seeing the barbarism that is unleashed from this sect and so like nostradamus said, WW III will be islam vs the world.

Oh well

I don't know about that. Christianity is the worlds largest religion with Islam in second place - But Islamic countries are the fastest growing countries on earth, If this trend continues, we can expect Islam to surpass Christianity probably in the next 50 years or sooner taking into account more Christians are using birth control and Muslims aren't and the faster growing countries populations growing exponentially.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by MidnightTide

After watching that horribly made, acted and directed garbage I'm even ready to riot.
Man, That's horrible

edit on 11-9-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

perhaps thats how it got started as someone didn't like the cast, crew and the acting and eventually turned into the present form of protest ?

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Violence in Libya? You mean the war that we declared on a country that resulted in the support of fundamentalist radicals, an execution of a President, torture of and severe discrimination against black citizens, murder of civilians, and chaos didn't work out?

Tell me about it.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Groups supposedly claim responsibility are indicated below along with the egyptian show which was supposedly the cause of the protest. Although the film/clip/trailer was released/produced around July. So 9/11 was definitely the chosen date and thus a pre-planned activity by someone.

BTW Drudge and other sites have the graphic images of the ambassador.
MORSI's_Message

CSPAN_CLIP

LINK
LINK2

EGYPTIAN_TV_SHOW
edit on 12-9-2012 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-9-2012 by hp1229 because: edit content

edit on 12-9-2012 by hp1229 because: add link

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
where are all the peace loving followers of islam denoucing this hateful act. tis is why islam is hated and feared in the western world; bt day a pecaful follower of islam, under the shroud of darkness a terrorist. Someone of the islam religion please speak up about this terrible act and how it is wrong

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I don't think the attacks had anything to do with the film, but I'm sure the Obama administration would love for us to believe that.

The protesters in Cairo appeared to be a genuinely spontaneous unarmed mob angered by an anti-Islam video produced in the United States. By contrast, it appeared the attackers in Benghazi were armed with mortars and rocket-propelled grenades. Intelligence reports are inconclusive at this point, officials said, but indications suggest the possibility that an organized group had either been waiting for an opportunity to exploit like the protests over the video or perhaps even generated the protests as a cover for their attack.

www.nytimes.com...

I'm pretty sure the Egyptians chanting, "Obama, Obama, WE are Osama" had everything to do with 9/11.
edit on 12-9-2012 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
That film was akin to waving a red rag in the face of muslims.

Considering the state of affairs in the region in the past ten years alone, I'd probably be rioting as well if I was them.

However they certainly do themselves no favours by murdering the US Ambassador.

Many Arabs are convinced there is some insidious conspiracy by the Jews against them, backed by the United States. To be honest the fact that this film was produced apparently by a Jewish person and was funded by Jewish donors and who called Islam a cancer, would only serve to incite hatred and violence.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
This is probably closer to the truth...

This information meshes with earlier information recorded in this post, including that U.S. sources told CNN that the Benghazi attack was planned. Also, a London think tank with strong ties to Libya speculated Wednesday that Stevens was the victim of a targeted al Qaeda attack "to avenge the death of Abu Yaya al-Libi, al Qaeda's second in command killed a few months ago." (See 12:51 p.m. update.)

news.blogs.cnn.com...

In fact, Ayman al Zawahiri undoubtedly thinks that his brother is doing a good job of explaining al Qaeda’s mission in the world. On September 10, al Qaeda released Ayman’s video eulogy for Abu Yahya al Libi, a top al Qaeda official who was killed in a drone strike in June. Al Qaeda’s emir used the eulogy to claim that al Qaeda’s influence was spreading, not waning, despite the loss of senior leaders.

www.weeklystandard.com...

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
News said today that the embassy attacks were planned to coincide with the 9-11 anniversary.
The black flag raised over the embassy they said was just like Al quedas.

So the latest poltical talking point was "Al queda" has been all but destroyed.

Seems not true as if anyone paying attention ever believed that. The response from the current adminstration was severely lacking.

Foreign aid going to both Liyba amd Egypt and all parts in the middle east needs to be stopped, and just like the current adminstrations willingness to get on their knees to the Afghani Government over those Sodliers and the "koran" burning being "brought to justice".

Those murders in Liyba need to be brought to justice, but who am I kidding. Apparently It is only bad what the US does and "feign" outrage over the barbaric actions of others.
edit on 12-9-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
More Ayman al-Zawahiri statements that were released September 10th...

Zawahiri's statement was the first acknowledgement by Al Qaeda that Libi had died.

Zawahiri's posting said the recording was made during the Muslim fasting month of Ramadan, which ran from mid-July to mid-August, but that it was released to coincide with the anniversary of the September 11 attacks of 2001.

Zawahiri urged Muslims and particularly Libyans to take revenge for the killing of Libi.

"His blood urges you and incites you to fight and kill the crusaders," he said

articles.chicagotribune.com...

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

That's weird because I was just watching the news something I rarely do because I heard about the bank robber in Cali. I came across the libya incident and they said it was a rocket attack, nothing was said about any fire starters.... propaganda spin from the MSM?

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by JayFlores

How about going after the FILMAKERS? Or is that to civilized for those cave dwelling morons?

How about going after nobody and don't give them ideas. I don't think they realize how pathetic they are with their "religion". You insult islam you die! ahhhh! Cuz I'm crazy!

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Ek Bharatiya

Because basically the Jews/Israelis, along with the Americans and British, created a country after WWII to put all the Nazi camp prisoners that survived, stating it was their "homeland". It's stated right here in the Balfour Declaration of 1917

Historically, it is true that the Jewish people did live in the area of what was/is referred to as Palestine, but after many diasporas, the Arab people came and replaced them, leaving the rest of the Jewish population a minority.

And can you believe Muslims, Christians and Jews lived together quite peacefully before the Crusades came in and #ed everything up for years to come?

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
They say a film insults Mohammed?
What film? and why kill other Muslims because they simply dont want to be as radical as they are?
They are insulting Mohammed by dishonouring his name by fighting all and sundry in the name of Islam.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
as a muslim i must say that i highly condemn these kind of acts i mean i watched the movie and it was a crappy peace of jewish propaganda i don't get it why it became such an intresting subject all around the muslim community worldwide and the releasing in 9/11 is definitly spooky so to speak..and about killing the us ambassador in libya ,well us sponsored these same fanatics to dispose of Gadafi so what goes around must come around ..

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Typical, childish, harebrained moslem behaviour.
Boo hoo, your film made fun of us
We must now have blood sacrifice for our moon goddess allah

Ohhhhhhhhh but wait everyone... they are the religion of peace, remember?
because they say so repeatedly.

Disgusting and uncivilized. Plain and simple.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kram09
That film was akin to waving a red rag in the face of muslims.

Considering the state of affairs in the region in the past ten years alone, I'd probably be rioting as well if I was them.

However they certainly do themselves no favours by murdering the US Ambassador.

Many Arabs are convinced there is some insidious conspiracy by the Jews against them, backed by the United States. To be honest the fact that this film was produced apparently by a Jewish person and was funded by Jewish donors and who called Islam a cancer, would only serve to incite hatred and violence.

so does that give muslims the right to destroy buildings and kill people? ( that is a rhetorical question no need to answer) and its all in the name of Allah. can i go out tonight and burn down a masque and kill people inside becuase i was upset at what i saw on the TV ( again rhetorical).

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

That it occured on the anniversary of 9/11 makes me think that it was somehow inspired by Al CIAduh

Originally posted by Deetermined
I don't think the attacks had anything to do with the film, but I'm sure the Obama administration would love for us to believe that.

The protesters in Cairo appeared to be a genuinely spontaneous unarmed mob angered by an anti-Islam video produced in the United States. By contrast, it appeared the attackers in Benghazi were armed with mortars and rocket-propelled grenades. Intelligence reports are inconclusive at this point, officials said, but indications suggest the possibility that an organized group had either been waiting for an opportunity to exploit like the protests over the video or perhaps even generated the protests as a cover for their attack.

www.nytimes.com...

I'm pretty sure the Egyptians chanting, "Obama, Obama, WE are Osama" had everything to do with 9/11.

I agree.

It was an OP an anti-Islamic psy-op desigend to coincide with the anniversay of the 9/11 attacks, to generate disgust by the west and the modern Civilized world towards radical Islam - pretty effective too.

And this is precisely the type of reaction it was intended to evoke..

Originally posted by 08051962
Typical, childish, harebrained moslem behaviour.
Boo hoo, your film made fun of us
We must now have blood sacrifice for our moon goddess allah

Ohhhhhhhhh but wait everyone... they are the religion of peace, remember?
because they say so repeatedly.

Disgusting and uncivilized. Plain and simple.

edit on 12-9-2012 by NewAgeMan because: edit

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join