It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An armed mob protesting over a film they said offended Islam, attacked the US consulate in the Libya

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by 46ACE
reply to post by Shamatt

"Cindy"?
Cindy Sheehan?
Nice loving thoughts:
If you have a dog that bites you on the butt every time you turn your back on him and when he does you pat him saying "there.... there" and throw him a steak...
you are gonna' run out of a** pretty soon.
Theyarenot "blameless" here...

What will it take for them to stop?What will it take for Arabs to accept Israel where it is? The death of all Israelis and westerners?
I object...

edit on 12-9-2012 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-9-2012 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

If you have a dog like that it is because you don't know how to form a relationship with him. It would be your fault.

And you continue the racism, the hatred and the blame.

Never mind. I still love you.

Put your hand on your chest. Feel that thumping? That is your heart.

Just sayin.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Originally posted by TrueBlood
reply to post by RogerT3

Of course to promote more holy war. I'm so sick of primitive people and their stupid books. When will this species finally grow up and stop believing in stupid bed time stories?!

That a vampire in your avatar? Gee those are stupid bedtime stories, from the dark ages in fact. At least you don't see christians murdering someone over making fun of Jesus or having their bibles burned.

Theres a difference, I don't pray to or worship my vampire avatar. Countless people have not been killed world wide in the name of my vampire avatar. I understand that my vampire avatar is not real.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I find the timing of these attacks suspect on the heels of the Administration's distancing itself from Israel and it's constant warmongering against Iran.
edit on 9/12/2012 by Sergeant Stiletto because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
This is nothing more then the poor, uneducated masses being manipulated for political gain. It all boils down to power and control, hidden behind the mask of "religion". These poor people don't realize they are being manipulated to attack an artificial enemy for the gain of people who could really care less about their welfare.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Will somebody please tell me who made this film, was it Coptic Christians, the pastor Terry Jones, or some Israeli backers, or all three?

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Me? I personally did this? Because I am an American? Are you serious?

No, not you personally ... YOU as in pluras, meaning the citizens of the US.

The middle east has been at war with itself for hundreds of years over what? A STUPID BOOK! But let's not throw all the blame on America here. The Brits have a big part in this aswell. We can go further back and blame the crusades! YES MORE STUPID BOOKS!

Don't you understand that religion has done more harm than good to the people of this planet? All these gifts given to humanity and we throw it all away in the name of superstition. GROW UP! The stupid book is not going to help you. It's not going to hurt you. It's not going to save you. You are an animal like the rest of the animals on this planet. Your species just so happen to build a computer and write a stupid book.

Since we're argueing religion, we can take the same stance with religion as the citizens take with a gun. It's not the gun that kills you, it's the person who holds it.

The same applies, to this "stupid" book you talk about. This dumb book isn't killing anyone, just as Hitler didn't go about killing 50 million people all by his lonesome.

It's the people that do it ... with or without a book ... with or without Hitler ... they'll still do it.

Just like the United States is waging a war on an adjective, and killing people for it. Invading nations for it, creating western "Wanted Dear or Alive" pictures for it.

The "population", pays big bucks, so they can watch it all LIVE ON CNN.

Welcome to reality.

edit on 12/9/2012 by bjarneorn because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Ek Bharatiya

And sadly in the land of the FREE and the home of the brave some talking heads think they should be prosecuted.

Mike Barnicle has suggested that the Department of Justice consider prosecuting Florida pastor Terry Jones in the death of the American ambassador to Egypt and deaths occurring during riots last year in Afghanistan. Hat tip readers Melody, Jonathan R., Ray R.
newsbusters.org...
Barnicle made his suggestion on today's Morning Joe, during a discussion of the attacks on the American embassy in Egypt and the American consulate in Benghazi, Libya, where the American ambassador died after an attack by an Libyan mob. Fellow panelist Donny Deutsch responded by saying he was "thinking the same thing" as Barnicle.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
Will somebody please tell me who made this film, was it Coptic Christians, the pastor Terry Jones, or some Israeli backers, or all three?

What, you think the film is the culprit?

What, I'm supposed to shut, because some Muslim feels bad about me not liking Islam? Hey, that same dude hates Christianity ... and I'm supposed to kiss his Islam butt? Not that I like Christianity either, but that's another issue ...

As much as I object to the war on terror, and the stupidity around it. I certainly do not agree, that the people of either Lybia or Egypt, have any right in attacking US embassies. It shows the utter disrespect on the behalf of the rebels, that the US with NATO helped in putting into power, in these countries. And in general, shows the outmost stupidity of the entire US foreign policy these past 12 years.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
The mob was offended by a movie? How about the world being offended my Islams murderous grotesque ways of existing? I guess they have no place to complain when you get mobbed by US military airstrikes do they? I mean we're offended too so I guess that gives us the right to trample their lands, right?

Allah Snackbar needs to be stopped.
edit on 12-9-2012 by libertytoall because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by JayFlores
Aww, a bunch of whinny false prophet followers got upset because we made fun of their religion. So they attack an embassy?
How about going after the FILMAKERS? Or is that to civilized for those cave dwelling morons?

well.. this is their religion...when you insult their god...they can't take it, so, they have to kill someone...when you draw pictures of muhammad..they can't take it, so, they kill you. when you insult islam, they can't take it, so, they kill you. my question?...why would anyone want to give religous freedom to them?
in the countries that i have seen, devout muslim leaders use fear, intimidation, enslavement, destruction of property, threats of violence, and acts of murder, to enforce their religion...why would anyone show them respect?

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by SloAnPainful
Hmm freedom of speech? I think so. Boy everyone else wants their free speech but when it affects what you believe in then it's off limits...? I think not. Like Muslims do not have movies bashing Jews or Christians...
...If it is not their way it's wrong.
Getting so sick of their double standards.
-SAP-
I hear you. This has always been the case with majority of ME nations. So far it has been Egypt, Libya and Armenia. I wonder who else will join the bandwagon from that region.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by bjarneorn

reply to post by RogerT3

Of course to promote more holy war. I'm so sick of primitive people and their stupid books. When will this species finally grow up and stop believing in stupid bed time stories?!

The only primitives are Americans. For over a hundred years, they've been throwing one dictatorship out, to create another ... even worse than the first one.

Now, you helped Al Qaida throw out the leaders of Egypt and Lybia. And this is what you got ...

and believe me, it's just the beginning.

your right...al qaida can't wait to get on with bombing, shooting, and destroying things, gotta keep the kill ratio up....america helped overthrow murderous leaders that enslaved and killed their own people, and of course, america is to blame for all of their problems after that

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by AgentX09

These people don't deserve any chance at freedom, or thinking on their own. The worst thing we have done for them is overestimate their intelligence and trying to help them. They all should be ruled with an iron fist like Saddam Hussein or a leader of our own choosing and forget about about a nice guy. They don't deserve any breaks.

Each time they pull something like this we should react with the same overkill response, only times ten. Soon they would get the idea. I like fuel bombs, nice and clean and effective.

The only thing they understand is violence, so that's the way we need to deal with them. If we don't change our policies, they we be at your front door soon, raping your wife and daughters.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

How could anyone sit and watch 2 hours of this crap, and just how ignorant would you have to be for it cause such offence that you want to murder people over it... The whole thing is just absurd.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
So do we make Laws banning ANY and ALL Criticism of Islam so we dont offend the Islamic Extremists?

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by christina-66
It doesn't seem to make clear in that article in the op why these embassies are being attached, however, in the BBC article on the same subject it is claimed that the attacks (by Islamists - and I'm sure not supported by the average citizen) are in retaliate for some film that has been made which, they claim, denigrates Mohammed.

BBC News

I'm so sick of this cant draw a funny picture of Mohammed business or someones gonna get killed. Thats So childish. You know.. an ambassador was killed in Lybia who had nothing to do with the film. Was it worth it kiddies?

Hey guys, here's what I think of that - Mohammed ->

edit on 12-9-2012 by JohnPhoenix because: A

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Prince Nayef said of 9/11 that Israel and the Muslim Brotherhood were responsible. Seems to me the same were responsible for the fall of Egypt, and this seems like reprisal for Obama not kissing Netanyahu's anus! We all know Israeli influenced the Egypt mess and still has the same influence in Egypt now!

The best minions are those who think they are free! If it looks like a duck and walks like a duck – it’s an extorsion duck.

The biggest problem here is not Islam, but rather the persons who would push to these ends. We have lived with Islam for millennium, and this kind of extremism has always been rare unless someone has been stirring the pot so to speak.

www.nytimes.com...
edit on 12-9-2012 by Donkey_Dean because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

Don't make any big plans to far out in the future. I got a feeling things are starting to hit the fan and it's going to get a hell of alot worse, and soon.

peace

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Why don't they make their own sh**ty movie in response? Oh wait, all they have is rocks...

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Let me get this straight.

This is a Dutch film, and they attack Americans over it?

Religion of peace, yeah, I'll buy that for a dollar.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join