It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An armed mob protesting over a film they said offended Islam, attacked the US consulate in the Libya

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 04:14 AM
link   
What do you expect them to do? You throw out their leader by force, hire goons to invade their nation and basically turn them into a 3rd world country over night. Of course they're not going to be too happy about their situation. Do you honestly think that America can just run around and do whatever it wants and the people around the world are supposed to just shrug their shoulders?

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBlood
What do you expect them to do? You throw out their leader by force, hire goons to invade their nation and basically turn them into a 3rd world country over night. Of course they're not going to be too happy about their situation. Do you honestly think that America can just run around and do whatever it wants and the people around the world are supposed to just shrug their shoulders?

I'd like to know where you get your information from. Don't you remember Gadaffi's mercenaries opening fire on peaceful protesters in Benghazi? Don't you realise that for all its wealth Gadaffi invested nothing at all in Libya's infrastructure? Don't you realise that any dissenter against Gadaffi's regime was dealt with brutal efficiency? Don't you realise that during 8 years of war with Chad there was not one Libyan wounded - because Gadaffi ordered them all taken up in a plane and dropped into the Atlantic. Don't you realise that with 50,000 wounded after 7 months of conflict during the recent revolution - that the numbers of his own people Gadaffi killed during the conflict with Chad are unimaginable?

The Libyan's have voted liberal....they have rejected extremism en masse......just give them a few days and they will deal with the numpties responsible for this stupid unjustified attack on the US embassy.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Swills
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

This happened in Libya? That's funny, I was reading about the same thing happening in Egypt.

Cairo protesters scale U.S. Embassy wall, remove flag

content.usatoday.com...

Egyptian demonstrators climbed the walls of the U.S. Embassy in Cairo today and pulled down the American flag to protest a film they say is insulting to the prophet Mohammad.

Makes ya wonder now don't it?
edit on 11-9-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)
Yeah makes me wonder why I DONT believe in coincidences.These events were obviously timed by SOMEONE with ties to Libya and Egypt.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 04:46 AM
link   
bbc reporting that....."The US ambassador to Libya has died after being attacked by militiamen storming the US consulate in the eastern city of Benghazi, reports say."

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 04:50 AM
link   
This just in on BBC news site.

The US ambassador to Libya has died after being attacked by militiamen storming the US consulate in the eastern city of Benghazi, reports say.

www.bbc.co.uk...

Is this the start of it all?
What is the next move, and by whom?

The killing of ambassadors is not something any country would take too lightly..
If this turns out to be something that grows and we see attacks on other US embassies then we may be lookinh at a very glum near future especially if these events end up combining with this particular piece of info that came to my attention the other day
We Are Now One Year Away From Global Riots

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Reuters reporting that 3 Embassy workers also killed in the attack.

BEIRUT | Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:27am BST

BEIRUT (Reuters) - The U.S. ambassador to Libya and three other embassy staff were killed in a rocket attack on Tuesday in the Libyan city of Benghazi, a Libyan official said.

It was not clear if the ambassador was in his car or the Libyan consulate when the attack occurred.

"The Libyan ambassador and three staff members were killed when gunmen fired rockets at them," the official in Benghazi told Reuters.

RT reporting same;

rt.com...
edit on 12-9-2012 by martin3030 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by christina-66

Where did you get your information from?

Muammar Gaddafi's contribution to the people of Libya:

1. All the newly weds people of Libya used to get about 50,000 dollars from Government to lead a very happy life.

2. Home is the basic right of every citizen of Libya.

3. There was no electricity bill in Libiya. Electricity was free in Libya.

4. No interest loan for the people of Libya according to Law. Gaddafi was against interest since interest is forbidden in Islam.

5. Gaddafi has increased the literacy rate from 25% to 83%. Education expenses in Government universities are free in Libya.

6. Medical expenses in Government hospitals was free in Libya.

7. The price of the patrol was 0.14 cents in Libya. Yes we all know Libya has got good petroleum resources. But the price seems to be too low. Isn't it?

8. When Libyan citizen wants to buy a car, Government used to subsidized 50% of the price of the car. 50%? sounds great!

9. A huge bread used to cost only 15 cents in Libya.

10. The GDP per capita of Libya is very high. Over 15,000 us dollars. Purchasing power was very high compare to the GDP.

11. The economy of Libya was improving rapidly. In 2010 it had 10% growth. It has not external debts. It also has the reserves amount of 150+ billion dollars.

12. Unemployment fees were given from the government until the person finds a Job.

13. A Libyan mother used to get 5000 us dollars for giving birth a child.

Have you ever heard of the world largest Irrigation project? Gaddafi lunched world largest irrigation project to supply pure water to the people of libya for upcoming years. This project can be called as world's 8th wonder. This project costs billions of dollars.

8th wonder of the world

The west's and NATO's contribution

Privatized central bank

Destroyed infrastructure.

Thousands dead.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 04:57 AM
link   
These Muslims are so behind the times and weak that they let something on YouTube hurt them and their beliefs, I feel sorry for them and their families.

If they think their god says it's ok to kill people because of what somebody says then they really are the evil in the world.

Not all Muslims think this way which should be a signal for them to stand against this.

Religion is going to bring the world down not up.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 04:59 AM
link   
This obituary for one of the dead consulate staffers sheds a little more light on events, most notably:

(12:54:09 PM) vile_rat: assuming we don't die tonight. We saw one of our 'police' that guard the compound taking pictures

which makes the statement issued by a spokesman for the Supreme Security Committee look downright cynical:

"The Libyan security forces came under heavy fire and we were not prepared the intensity of the attack,"

(Linkage)

edit on 12-9-2012 by hakona because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Even if this was true, so they should kill innocent people right? Makes it better how?

I view it like this and hope you can understand, but I don't have high hopes you will - Just because somebody is poor, slighted, hurt mentality , or dying it doesn't make it right to steal, take, kill, hurt anybody that had nothing to do with it. Nothing justifies hurting anybody unless your in imminent danger. I'd rather die. If you think it's ok to steal and hurt people when you're not in imminent danger then you are an animal, and you are really taking from humanity not adding and haven't learned how to love you're fellow human being. Nobody needs you on this planet.

edit on 12-9-2012 by furono because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Can anyone spell false flag.

Oh - look!!! I can

This stinks. The US goes around sticking it's fingers in the bees nest, then bombs the sh out of the bees for daring to sting them. It's almost as if the intention was to get stung to have an excuse to destroy the bees...... but why? Ahhh.... I might have a theory...... The US loves Honey!!!

Seriously. I mean... don't get me wrong. I never met an American I didn't like, and I've met a few on my travels. I hate the crap out of your stupid war mongering government though. Scares the pants of me what they are capable of.

So yeah, on the flimsiest of pretexts - another perceived slight on Islam by some random US Citizen - and we are all one step closer to WW3.

If you want to insult someone, insult a Christian, they will turn the other cheek. Forgive you. Ya know... like God said to. Playing with Islam is playing with fire.

And don't say Jehovah! Or you will be stoned!!

"Look! No one is to stone anyone until I say so. Not even - and I want to make this absolutely clear - not even if they DO say Jehovah!"

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by furono
Even if this was true, so they should kill innocent people right? Makes it better how?

I view it like this and hope you can understand, but I don't have high hopes you will - Just because somebody is poor, slighted, hurt mentality , or dying it doesn't make it right to steal, take, kill, hurt anybody that had nothing to do with it. Nothing justifies hurting anybody unless your in imminent danger. I'd rather die. If you think it's ok to steal and hurt people when you're not in imminent danger then you are an animal, and you are really taking from humanity not adding and haven't learned how to love you're fellow human being. Nobody needs you on this planet.

Where did I ever say it was justified? I simply giving a reason as to why it's happening. I never said I agreed with their actions. Take my quote out of context and call me an ANIMAL ...how civil of you. How about America worries about America instead of the middle east? How about America stops playing world's police man? Last I checked America has double digit unemployed. Have you seen Detroit? Nation build America then worry about the rest of the world Mr. peace and prosperity.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by christafinias
so thats the Egypt and Libya embassy, both on 9/11/12.
i wonder if the date is intentional?
lets hope this is resolved quickly and without anyone being hurt or killed.

to late for that. US people reported killed already

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by astrafax

You appear to be confusing good leadership with bribery. Is it coincidence that all of these financial benefits occurred at the same time that oil production took off in Libya? I think not. And while you may also cite medical benefits don’t you ever question the actual quality of that medical care? Libyans , who can afford to, travel abroad for their medical care (not trusting in the abilities of their own medics).

And with all of these wonderful financial benefits could you please explain why almost an entire country rose up in revolt against their ‘dear leader’. You ignore the summary executions both on Libyan soil and to wherever dissidents of the regime fled. You ignore the fact that in all of his time in power Gadaffi invested not a penny in Libya’s infrastructure – they still live in the 1960’s as far as that is concerned.

You blithely ignore my comments re the wounded from Libya’s conflict with Chad....travel from the east to the west of Libya today and you will find no wounded veterans from that conflict....that is simply horrific.

But please....continue spouting pro Gadaffi propaganda.....you obviously swallowed it whole while it choked the Libyan people to such an extent they could tolerate it no more.

In the meantime – for confirmation of complicity of those set to gain from Gadaffi corruption see below.

'Physical Liquidation of the Stray Dogs' - MI^ and Libyan Spy Chiefs
edit on 12-9-2012 by christina-66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Christopher Stevens when he took the post of Ambassador to Libya

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

For Romney to criticize the current administration over comments to the brutal attack is outrageous! How dare he politicize the deaths like this.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by kamatty

Not an American though carries an Israeli passport.

In times of desperation.....

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by MidnightTide

After watching that horribly made, acted and directed garbage I'm even ready to riot.

Man, That's horrible

edit on 11-9-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

Apparently, that pile of tosh cost $5million to make, (from 100 Jewish donors)

The film was made by an Israeli filmmaker, Sam Bacile, who has gone into hiding.

The film was promoted by Morris Sadek, an extreme anti-Muslim Egyptian Christian campaigner who lives in California.

Speaking by phone to the Associated Press from an undisclosed location, writer and director Bacile remained defiant, maintaining that he intended his film to be a provocative political statement.

Bacile, 52, admitted he had not anticipated such a furious reaction to his film and said: "I feel sorry for the embassy. I am mad".

He also said the film was produced in English and that he did not know who had dubbed it in Arabic.

The full film has not been shown yet, he said, and he said he had declined distribution offers for now.

The two-hour movie, "Innocence of Muslims'', cost $5m to make and was financed with the help of more than 100 Jewish donors, said Bacile.

www.aljazeera.com...

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   
It's absolutely appropriate to criticize the president in matters like this. An embassy, whether located in Benghazi or Washington DC is the SOVEREIGN TERRITORY OF THE COUNTRY IT BELONGS TO. Storming an embassy and MURDERING AN AMBASSADOR is an ACT OF WAR. Anything less than immediate halt to all foreign aid, strong condemnation, and demands for immediate compensation is unacceptable.

The President is deserving of criticism about this. Libya was his "success", carried out without the approval of Congress. A US ambassador was killed and two embassies sacked. Obama doesn't look quite as good on foreign policy as he did a week ago now does he?

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   
I can't even watch the full length video.. had to stop in between. I tried to watch it again due to internet problem but I can't digest it anymore.. I feel like puking
.I

I can act better than that. But not sure why people got serious instead of LAO by seeing this video. Those peple don't have any humour sense and not even common sense. They are just bunch of relegious nuts.

Whoever made this garbage should hang himself or atleast learn how to make a flim better?? Because of one nut person.. all nuts are cut to loose and screaming U.S religious bastards did this!!!

Attacking an embassy is considered attack on that Nation. But They killed an U.S AMBASSADOR is almost like act of war.

Lets wait and see what Obama does about this??
edit on 12-9-2012 by AncietSoul because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join