It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An armed mob protesting over a film they said offended Islam, attacked the US consulate in the Libya

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   

An armed mob protesting over a film they said offended Islam, attacked the US consulate in the Libyan city of Benghazi on Tuesday and set fire to the building, witnesses reported.

english.ahram.org.eg

An armed mob protesting over a film they said offended Islam, attacked the US consulate in the Libyan city of Benghazi on Tuesday and set fire to the building, witnesses reported.

and:

"Dozens of demonstrators attacked the consulate and set fire to it," said a Benghazi resident, who only gave his name as Omar, adding that he had seen the flames and heard shots in the vicinity
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
inagist.com

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Between the protesting in Egypt, Indonesia and Libya this is quite an upsetting 9/11 anniversary.

I am truly saddened that we are so hated in the world and don't see anything good to come from all this violence. Violence begets violence.

The icing on the cake is Obama refusing to meet with Israeli Prime Minister Netanyahu.

Let's also note that Iran is set to unveil a cruise missile capable of reaching any city in Israel that can be launched from land, sea, and air.
freebeacon.com...

Feel like my head is going to explode.

ATS search and all.

english.ahram.org.eg
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 9/11/2012 by sad_eyed_lady because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

This happened in Libya? That's funny, I was reading about the same thing happening in Egypt.

Cairo protesters scale U.S. Embassy wall, remove flag

content.usatoday.com...

Egyptian demonstrators climbed the walls of the U.S. Embassy in Cairo today and pulled down the American flag to protest a film they say is insulting to the prophet Mohammad.

Makes ya wonder now don't it?
edit on 11-9-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Rational people behaving rationally.

I'm sure the more "enlightened" westerners will respond equally as rationally.

I cant figure out if mental retardation has always been the norm but relatively contained by lack of a 24 hour news cycle and a constant connection to the lunatic next door or if modern society is exacerbating the epidemic because it seems to me that lunacy abounds and the best civilizations "best" can ever offer is lunacy in kind.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
The rebels the US backed were Islamist, why is anyone surprised? They hated Gadaffi because he was so secular.

Probably some angry about civilian deaths due to UN bombing as well

edit on 11-9-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Protest anything like that in the U.S. over something Islamic and you're considered, at best, a closed minded bigot, or worst, crazy or mad. I imagine if an Islamic mob were to protest like that in the States, we'd let it go as freedom of speech and/or religion.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
As I said on another post...I got this bad feeling as I mourn my fallen brothers and sister firefighters of 9/11 ..I feel the S%#T is goning to hit the fan!

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
so thats the Egypt and Libya embassy, both on 9/11/12.
i wonder if the date is intentional?
lets hope this is resolved quickly and without anyone being hurt or killed.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
The USA went over great lengths to radicalise the muslims and its finally paid off

+14 more 
posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Aww, a bunch of whinny false prophet followers got upset because we made fun of their religion. So they attack an embassy?
How about going after the FILMAKERS? Or is that to civilized for those cave dwelling morons?

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
It doesn't seem to make clear in that article in the op why these embassies are being attached, however, in the BBC article on the same subject it is claimed that the attacks (by Islamists - and I'm sure not supported by the average citizen) are in retaliate for some film that has been made which, they claim, denigrates Mohammed.

BBC News

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
How much you want to bet that some how these attacks on US embassies will be tied to Iran, no matter how convoluted or silly the connection.

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Guess the current administration can't tout the "success" of Libya without the loss of "American life".

What we heard last week wasn't it?

Remember this?

Libya hated America long before the last decade and guess some people forgot the Lockerbie bombing.

Protest a film kill an American their behavior is offensive to me and newsflash they have always been "radicalized".

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

"By Allah, you have insulted the holy prophet, Mohammed, peace by unto him, and I am going to harm whoever happens to be standing in my path!" ----This is what I imagine is going through their foolish skulls.

It would be amusing if it were not pathetic. For one thing, how would any of them know if Mohammed would be insulted or not. Furthermore, they are directing their anger toward the wrong entity. Christian Egyptians, possibly Coptic, were the folk who created the film. It was not the USA government. It seems like they are using this film as a convenient excuse to disrespect the anniversary of 9/11 and to engage in indiscriminate hostility.

One thing is for sure. These actions continue to prove that certain factions of Islam have no respect for anything other than themselves. The moderate Muslims exacerbate these situations by remaining silent. I am willing to bet that only a very small minority of Muslims will denounce these hostilities. I can only interpret their silence as moral support of these actions.

I usually give Islam the benefit of the doubt in certain situations. Not this time.

+9 more 
posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by RizeorDie
The USA went over great lengths to radicalise the muslims and its finally paid off

Oh give it a rest.
Since when has the world become a place where people are never responsible for their own actions...?

No, I'm not saying the US hasn't stirred the pot [it has] but not everything in Gods good Earth that's wrong is the USs fault

Like this Dutch movie!

edit on 11-9-2012 by SLAYER69 because: clariification

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Hmm freedom of speech? I think so. Boy everyone else wants their free speech but when it affects what you believe in then it's off limits...? I think not. Like Muslims do not have movies bashing Jews or Christians...

...If it is not their way it's wrong.
Getting so sick of their double standards.

-SAP-

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Lets look at this :-

Your an President up for re-election and you know that your citizens are not likely to want to endorse any President that appears not to have control of his own country. This has been increasingly shown to be so through , what appears to be the constant overseeing of your policies by the Leader of another country , who just happens to want to wage World War 3 against another country.

So what can you do?

Well there is a very emotive date for the population of the US and that is 9/11.

How can it then be orchestrated to appear as an upholder of the American people and also achieve the dictate of the master??

Solution:-

Appear to be at odds with said Master ( other government world leader) and on the surface deny contact.

Allow other government to stage attracts on your embassies , which will of course trigger emotive responses from the said populace , who are reactionary to that particular date.

This will enable a mandate to both enter a country (already under assault by insurgents) with troops and gain support for re-election and strategically enable troops to be assigned for further escalation of the Masters plan for World War 3.

Too easy to pick , this one.
edit on 11-9-2012 by Pinkorchid because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Here is the movie in question, but a question I have for ATS.....does it justify the response?

edit on 11-9-2012 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

After watching that horribly made, acted and directed garbage I'm even ready to riot.

Man, That's horrible

edit on 11-9-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by RizeorDie

Oh give it a rest.
Since when has the world become a place where people are never responsible for their own actions...?

No, I'm not saying the US hasn't stirred the pot [it has] but not everything in Gods good Earth that's wrong is the USs fault

Like this Dutch movie!

edit on 11-9-2012 by SLAYER69 because: clariification

The Libyan mess is entirely US's fault. They knew they could not afford the changes Qaddafi was about to make in Africa and decided it was of their interest to set the nation ablaze.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join