It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Modern Awareness: Fluoride

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Modern Awareness:

Fluoride

I think it started when I was of elementary school age and my Mom took me to the dentist. I remember having the tray put into my mouth with a weird substance on it.

It was a new flavor and I didn’t think it was bad at all. It was actually one of the highlights of the visit - not a sterling compliment when considering the competition is comprised of procedures like; drilling a tooth until it smokes, the sound of a dental drill, the dentists hand shaking from strain as they strain to loosen a tooth, feeling a tooth break off as the dentists tries to pull it, root canals, capping, and let us not forget the dentist’s universally intimidating needles, etc., etc.

It was my first fluoride treatment. Though I didn‘t know much at the time, I would learn about fluoride, and the hazards related to over-exposure, in years to come.

It was several years after learning of fluoride’s health related dangers when I finally realized the fluoride in dental treatments and the toxic fluoride found in many public sources are the same substances.

I know I may seem dumb, not realizing they are one-in-the-same. I think the blinding trust of youthful innocence afforded me a level of ignorance that would allow this to go personally unnoticed.

My trust was in the government and the understanding the government is heavily regulated. Surely anything the government deems mandatory and provides to the public has to be a benefit to the citizens.?

I quickly learned, after deciding to limit my fluoride intake, that purchasing fluoride free items wouldn’t be as easy as I originally thought. The local markets, pharmacies, and department stores don’t carry fluoride free toothpaste, or other products.

The next stop on my mission to acquire fluoride free items was searching the internet for places that sell these items.

I found many options online, from online retail sales, to creating your very own toothpaste. So many options that it is hard to recognize them all. Check the links below, you may find what best suits you and the efforts to reduce the fluoride in your diet:

Home Made ToothPaste Recipe and Other Info

Have you thought much about fluoride?… Dentists say it supposedly prevents tooth decay… I discovered this product has been banned from adding to water in Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Germany, Italy, Belgium, Austria, France and The Netherlands, I questioned why it is still being promoted as a healthy product here in the States*…

It is the most chemically active nonmetallic element of all the elements and also has the most reactive electro-negative ion. Because of this extreme reactivity, fluorine is never found in nature as an uncombined element.…

Sodium lauryl sulfate is the foaming agent added to toothpaste and other products. There is controversy whether or not it is safe as well.

You Might Be Interested In These Videos:

Fluoride Deception

Cure Tooth Decay

Fluoride Alert

Homemade Toothpaste Recipe #1

1 Tbsp Dr. Bronners castile liquid soap or any natural castile liquid soap - contains coconut, olive, palm oils – we use Baby Mild unscented…then flavor with an essential oil or two

5 Tbsp coconut oil

1 Tbsp or more olive oil or water – to get the consistency you want – this makes it pour able to put in the soap dispenser

Essential oil (20-25 drops), Orange, Peppermint individually or combined, any other flavoring you desire. If using Peppermint Dr Bronner’s soap, you can skip this altogether.

Warning: Do not test this product more than a few times at once, you can burn your mouth (if using peppermint oil/soap)

TOM'S OF MAINE Children's Fluoride-Free Natural Toothpaste
4.2 oz Sale Price: $3.09

Click Here to Buy ‘Tom’s of Maine-Children's Fluoride-Free Toothpaste’

Why Is There Fluoride-Free Toothpaste and Why You Should Use it

Have you ever noticed the warning on a tube of toothpaste about the dangers of ingesting fluoride? You may not have -- it's inconspicuous and looks nothing like the brazen warnings that appear on goods such as cigarettes and other tobacco products… Besides being a helpful additive, proven to prevent tooth decay, fluoride is also a deadly toxin.

Click Here to Buy Tom's 5.5 oz (155 g)
Antiplaque & Whitening Fluoride-Free Toothpaste $4.99

Click Here to Purchase 6oz. 'Uncle Ken's - Fluoride-Free, Spearmint ToothPaste $4.17

There are lots of places online to purchase fluoride-free products, but those above seem to be the most popular and maybe the most trusted merchants to deal with.

This thread’s original intent was to provide links/info to where you can purchase fluoride-free items. Then I decided to include an info compilation, composed by authors in ATS’ very own membership.

Most of you know AboveTopSecret.com has become valuable for those who seek to uncover information on rare and alternative topics not found within the Mainstream Media. ATS has a large archive, this allows us to learn about almost anything.

Using ATS’ Archive in this capacity. I’ve found many good threads where facts and debate are used to answer many of the most important & frequently asked questions about fluoride, it’s day-to-day role in our lives and our health:

In January 2012, 'stonebutterfly' authored this thread that includes a 'List of Fluoridated and Non-Fluoridated Bottled Water'

On August 6th, 2012, ATS Member 'wearewatchingyouman' provided this thread about the EPA's reversal on Fluoride Health Risks

On August 26, 2010 ATS Member 'Socio' Presented This Thread Titled: 'The Fluoride Deception'

On June 23, 2008 ATS Member 'thefreepatriot' Opened This Thread That Claims Absolute Proof Fluoride Causes Cancer

Those links are just a few of the dozens available in the ATS Archives.

Hopefully this information will help those interested to learn more about the dangers of fluoride, as-well-as those who would like to use Non-Fluoridated/Fluoride-Free products in the future.

If you have information relative to this thread, please link us up! I know I’d like to see the new information you have!

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
F&S

I've avoided it for many years but recently discovered that Tea (I'm tea total..almost) contains fluoride

There is a VAST wealth of evidence out there that proves fluoride does more harm than good.
They even warn us on the back of the toothpaste tube "IF SWALLOWED SEEK MEDICAL HELP"

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by esteay812

Good post, OP.

But you failed to mention the Flouride that the Government puts in the drinking water system....this by far is more exposure to the chemical than any toothpaste will cause.

I personally stopped drinking the tap water two years ago...and I can tell you I feel better. But I think the damage has already been done to my body.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
When I was a little tacker I used to eat tooth paste because we had one that tasted like bubblegum.
I wonder how many other people did this? I think we could just brush our teeth with tap water now. Just remember not to swallow!

These days most good health food stores stock fluoride free toothpaste, but then you also have to consider not drinking tap water, not washing your clothes in tap water, not showering, not eating or drinking food that has been cooked using tap water. It's pretty hard. They have us by the short and curly's on this one i'm afraid.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

Thanks VoidHawk!

I am not completely convinced one way or the other, but I am in the train of thought that keeping my distance and trying to avoid it as much as possible is a way to remain safe, instead of sorry. I'd hate to think I knew the possible dangers, but ignored them only to suffer irreversible consequences later.

reply to post by phantomjack

Hi PhantomJack!

Yes, I left it out intentionaly, as it is the focal point of most threads and discussions and I didn't want to be too redundant.

It is a very important aspect, probably the most dangerous source for fluoride, given the amount of fluoride used in today's products proves to be much more than a safe amount... then again, what is a 'safe amount' of a toxic substance?

reply to post by Samuelis

Hi there Samuelis!

Thanks for the post, you do make good points.

Working to reduce fluoride intake means looking in several areas of your lifestyle, identifying the fluoridated sources, and eliminating them as much as possible.

Even if you only cut out a little of the fluoride intake, it could have positive effects in the long-run, relative to continuing use unimpeded.

I live near one of the most beautiful US National Parks in the 'Great Smoky Mountains'. Unfortunately it is also one of the most polluted, so finding sources of fresh water springs that have not been contaminated to some extent is more dificult then you might imagine.

Luckily I have an ace in the hole.

One day, back when I was a Junior in High School, I had just gotten my driver's license, and my first car (truck) some buddies and I decided to cut class. We slipped out the back door before class and jumped in the truck, heading for the lake (more of a pond)!

Paranoid someone would notice us and turn us in, we tried to find the most secluded area possible. We were suprised to find an overgrown trail leading to the back corner/cove of the lake. Perfect spot, we eventually put up a rope swing and turned that spot into ours for the next few years.

One of the coolest things we found was a fresh water spring, coming right out of rock. We'd never seen a real spring like this and were apprehensive about trying it, but eventually we did and it was ice cold - even though it was 95d Fht outside It literally tasted clean and for lack of better words, it tasted 'crisp'.

We went back many times and on one trip my friend brought his dad, who was only about 32years old - my friend was born when he was 15. I am not sure how he did it, but the next time I went back there was a pipe that had been pushed into the mountainside, where the spring was... springing.

The pipe's addition caused the water to flow out much faster. We used to wonder about how long the spring had been sprung
and how long it would be before it ran dry. None of us were right, because it still delivers the same amount now as it did then.

I have a few 5 gallon water jugs, from an office water cooler, I fill with water and transfer to old 16.9oz water bottles.

I have never seen it, but there was a rumor the water was tested and came back 99% or more pure, non-contaminated water. It does taste great and I wouldn't doubt it's purity, but for all I know it is run off form a solid waste processing center
... if it is, they are doing a great job!

Drinking water that clean definitely has it's benefits, much healthier hair and skin! It's been 103 years since we first drank from it and I haven't gotten a single wrinkle or grey hair!

Really though, the water is great there and I should really take some samples and have them tested to see how pure it really is.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Samuelis
When I was a little tacker I used to eat tooth paste because we had one that tasted like bubblegum.
I wonder how many other people did this? I think we could just brush our teeth with tap water now. Just remember not to swallow!

These days most good health food stores stock fluoride free toothpaste, but then you also have to consider not drinking tap water, not washing your clothes in tap water, not showering, not eating or drinking food that has been cooked using tap water. It's pretty hard. They have us by the short and curly's on this one i'm afraid.

Yeah, it seems pretty hard for the average person to avoid it completely. it is easily absorbed by skin.. I know there are some filters that do filter out fluoride but I'm not sure how practical it would be for washing clothes, showering, cleaning, cooking, etc...it's probably even in the rain! has anyone tried going completely fluoride free? maybe it's not as hard as I'm thinking it would be.

Didn't see it mentioned in the OP, but neem is supposed to be good for teeth care.. people in India chew the bark to clean their teeth.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   
I took my own advice and tested the water I mentioned in an earlier post.

Actually, I tested all 3 water sources I use... tap water, bottled water, and spring water from the spring in a previous post.

Unfortunately the tests didn't identify the level of fluoride in the water supply. I assumed it would, since it is a water quality/contamination test... I will have to find another tested for that, but I want to go ahead and show you all the results.

I don't know much, but I know I lov... wait a minute! I lost my train of thought there for a moment,

Really though, I don't know much about the contaminants and their levels found in the water. I am hoping some of you guys can interpret them for me and give me an idea what they mean and which is the best source.

So here are the results:

Water Type

Tap:

Iron ~ Nitrate ~ Nitrite ~ Chlorine ~ Alkalinity ~ PH ~ Hardness ~ Copper
3ppm ~ 10ppm ~ .0-.5ppm ~ 3ppm ~ 80 ~ 4 ~ 3grain/50ppm ~ 1.3ppm

Bottled:

3ppm ~ 10ppm ~ .0-.5ppm ~ 1ppm ~ 80 ~ 4 ~ 0 ~ 1.3ppm

Spring:

3ppm ~ 0 ~ 0 ~ 0 ~ 160 ~ 6.5 ~ 3grain/50ppm ~ 0

Sorry if they are difficult to read. Each source has 8 items and their presence in the water is listed below them

join