It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is why we need to pull out of the Middle East.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by christina-66
reply to post by SLAYER69

I will say that the op is being slightly provocative in claiming that Egypt now want to destroy Israel ( and can only assume that claim arises from the current assaults on the US Embassy due to to some daft film). A few eejits do not equate to a country.

I cannot agree with your assertion that the Egypt and Israel situation is a dynamic one....and always will be. They have been subject to outside influence with ulterior motives and vested interests entirely unrelated to the citizenry....and wholly related to maintaining status and power. I firmly believe that had this region been left to its own devices over the course of the 20th century there would have been relative stability with or without camp david's chit chat.

My guess is that you didn't catch the elections in Egypt. I didn't follow it that closely either, but I did catch this minute and a half news report:

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by christina-66
I will say that the op is being slightly provocative in claiming that Egypt now want to destroy Israel ( and can only assume that claim arises from the current assaults on the US Embassy due to to some daft film). A few eejits do not equate to a country.

Agreed.

However it isn't just the embassy situation. Have you seen this thread [Which was wrongly posted as the new Egyptian President's speech] but which was given by a prominent figure in Egypt and this inflammatory video?

I cannot agree with your assertion that the Egypt and Israel situation is a dynamic one....and always will be. They have been subject to outside influence with ulterior motives and vested interests entirely unrelated to the citizenry....and wholly related to maintaining status and power. I firmly believe that had this region been left to its own devices over the course of the 20th century there would have been relative stability with or without camp david's chit chat.

So a US Allie gets repeatedly attacked and the US should do nothing? Do you deny that there has been peace between the two going back several decades? But you're right, the cat's out of the bag now. It seems they "The people" will have their way. I guess war and bloodshed between the two is better than "Chit Chat" eh?
edit on 11-9-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

What ally has been repeatedly attacked? If you mean "threats"...that is not "attacks". Threats are words...

Empires, Kingdoms and countries have risen and fallen since the dawn of civilization. It is the way of the world. I wonder why any third party is compelled to sacrifice their children in the disputes of others. Why is that? For treaties? For commodities like oil and gold? For religion?

I'm not convinced anymore that it is our place to "police" the world...seems pretty arrogant to me.

The Israel situation is thousands of years in the making. We chose to get involved for whatever reason, but part of that reason was religion...and here is a news flash..."separation of church and state". Apparently there are those that really-really want to see Biblical prophecy fulfilled so they will prop up those players they feel are key. I contend that if Israel is the "chosen" people, then they don't need anyone's help...if they are "not" then...well...sucks to be wrong.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by jiggerj

All was fine when we kept the financial AID to Egypt and Israel going, which kept the peace going between the two and the Canal open for commerce. But then the US were accused of supporting a Dictator in Egypt and Warmongers in Israel. So the US cuts the AID to Egypt and indirectly supported the people in choosing their own type of Government [Democracy] in Egypt and WHAAMO!
Sounds pretty much what the mafias do
Extort. Only thing I see here is that domestically the crime rate is kept in check by keeping certain segment of the population funded through welfare programs. Unfortunately it seems to be the same with international welfare programs. When the welfare funds are reduced, they stir the pot in the hopes to get more money. We should stop and do away with the financial aid programs as either way it isn't helping economically/politically etc.
edit on 12-9-2012 by hp1229 because: edit content

top topics

<< 1   >>

join