It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9/11: Prayers and thoughts in honor of those who died

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I want to start out by saying that I'm not putting forth any conspiracy theories in this thread, nor am I advocating, promoting, endorsing, denying, implying, hinting, or in any way accusing anyone of staging or failing to prevent or instigating the events that took place in New York on 9/11/2001.

This is a thread to honor the people who died. I do not intend to cause strife, I simply am creating a place for those who remember and are still mourning to come and post their thoughts and memories and prayers for those who lost a friend or loved one in that horrible tragedy. If you want to start an argument over who did it or how it happened, this is not the place for it. This is for remembering the dead, not to point fingers.

Here is a list of all those who died:

9/11 Casualty List

And here's a prayer video, for those who want it:

Everyone is welcome to post a prayer or a thought. This is my contribution, and I want ATS to help me make it special. Please keep all discussion civil; today is a day for love, not hate. That's how we should remember: live, love, and learn. Thank you in advance.

Namaste.

edit on 11-9-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Star and Flag for starting this thread today and let me express me appreciation for the upfront statement of the narrow focus. All things aside and everything else for another day.

This is a day of memorial and mourning. I still mourn the loss of those Americans and Non-Americans alike who were working in offices or taking a trip somewhere to end in a way no one could have imagined. I mourn the loss of innocence. That last shred of innocence American had left. I wept on 9/11..and I don't care for opinions when I say I've wept once today. I doubt it'll be the only time before this day is done.

The world changed....thousands died...and a life and way of living changed and was lost forever that terrible morning. Most of all, I mourn that. That intangible quality to life itself that we all lost that day. It's something we can never get back. At least, those of us who lived through the day and events, can never go home again.....and that needs a moment of silence and a day to remember.

May God (However we each define that) have mercy on those who needed it, Grace to the majority who never asked for it and temperance in how the lasting legacy of those events play out across many September 11th remembrances to come.

Most of all, God Bless America and all who inhabit her. On this day, of all days, I need to say that and say it for the people....not anything else. Just the normal people who all share this wild ride together and together, stand and remember the events of a morning so many years ago.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Thank you. That's exactly what I'm looking for in this thread. We all need to express the anguish of remembering somehow, and I feel that this is as good a way as any. I hope more ATSers come through and do their thing...like signing a guestbook, or whatever.

Let it all out, my friends. The fallen deserve to be remembered. Let's do it with honor and dignity.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
My prayers & thoughts are there for those innocent people whom passed in the 9/11 attack.

It is a shocking shame that not that many have prayers and thoughts for those whom died, and still are being killed after 9/11.

Everyday death looms over there, and people die. I wonder how many pray for them everyday.

edit on 09/02/2012 by KaelemJames because: exaggeration

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by KaelemJames

That's why I've posted a thread, an easy and convenient outlet for anyone with a prayer or thought to dedicate to remembering.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by KaelemJames

That's why I've posted a thread, an easy and convenient outlet for anyone with a prayer or thought to dedicate to remembering.

And i appreciate that

Regards

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I'd also like to encourage mods and admins to take part as well. Take a moment to add your personal touches to this thread. I want this to be a collaborative effort for ATS to look back on in years to come...an example of how, as a global community, we CAN share in love and sorrow and not ravage each other like wild dogs.

As a thread of remembrance, it just seems right.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

I often think of the people in the twin towers that lost their lives on 9/11; I always feel very sad and compassionate.

No one expects to go work one day...you know just (what you think) is an average work day; you walk in the office you work in; get your coffee; sit at your desk; say morning to your co-workers and begin the day. Then all of a sudden bam! planes fly into the building you work in; and their is no escape; except being burned alive or jumping from a window; either way you know you are going to die; so most said their prayers and jumped. What they went through; and all the loved ones left behind; my eyes still tear up thinking about it.

I know that Heaven got many new citizens that day; and that is the thought that does comfort me; their pain and fear are over; Heaven has embraced them.

It may be 11 years later; but we were attacked once; it could happen again; there is that fear that many, many Americans carry with them.

So... what can we do now? We can keep loving our friends, our family; ourselves; remember daily that to give and receive love is what is most important; forgive others and ourselves and be kinder to all.

edit on 11-9-2012 by caladonea because: edit

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Thank you...I lost some friends and many fellow brother and sister firefighters that day ...343... Plus looking for survivors was bad...today is a very hard and sad day!

edit on 11-9-2012 by nighthawk1954 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Thank you, everyone who has participated thus far. As I have said before, the best kind of immortality is to be thought of often and fondly.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Thousands died in the false flag attack, yes, it is sad.

Hundreds of thousands of innocent civilians have died since then and they deserve more honour and tributes than what they receive.

Remember everyone that has fallen at the hands of the US government, not just a selected few.

Mickierocksman

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Mickierocksman

If you want to start an argument over who did it or how it happened, this is not the place for it. This is for remembering the dead, not to point fingers.

^^^ please keep this in mind.

Thank you for your post.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by Mickierocksman

If you want to start an argument over who did it or how it happened, this is not the place for it. This is for remembering the dead, not to point fingers.

^^^ please keep this in mind.

Thank you for your post.

I’m not arguing, I’m just pointing out that ‘all of them’ need to be remembered.

Do you have a problem with honouring those that have fallen if they are not American, or is this thread only about American lives lost on that one day?

Mickierocksman

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I'm watching the coverage off and on and have a show on now about it. I am utterly amazed at how much footage has been collected over the years to make the shows airing now. The comparison to a coupe years after to maybe 5 years to now is remarkable in the number of people who would seem to have given copies to the these stations or just released it into the public domain to be found and added to the overall record.

So many new perspectives and locations for the footage. It brings home the tragedy of it in new ways and it's powerful. This day is never a great one and this is the type of subject I'm glad the coverage doesn't come but once a year for at this point.

I would have thought it would fade or get easier over time. You know what? It hasn't. The power of the emotions faded to a certain point within months of 9/11 but I'm not sure it'll ever fade more than that if it hasn't by this point.

new topics

top topics

join