Protesters storm U.S. Embassy in Cairo

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Protesters storm U.S. Embassy in Cairo

tmo.mw.cnn.com

Angry protesters climbed the walls of the U.S. Embassy in Cairo on Tuesday and hauled down the American flag, replacing it with a black flag with Islamic emblems.

The incident prompted U.S. Embassy guards to fire off a volley of warning shots as a large crowd gathered outside, apparently upset about the production of a film thought to insult the Prophet Mohammed, said CNN producer Mohammed Fahmy, who was on the scene.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Well after reading this im not surprised to see it has something to do with a god and his messenger this late in 2012. Im surprised there wasn't anything else worse today on the 11th year mark of a terrible event on the 11th day of a month.

More from the article
"It is not clear which film upset the protesters.

Others expressed more general grievances about U.S. policy, chanting anti-American slogans and holding up bits of a shredded American flag.

An embassy operator told CNN that the facility had been cleared of diplomatic personnel earlier Tuesday, ahead of the apparent threat, while Egyptian riot police were called to help secure the area."

tmo.mw.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I vote we shutter our Embassies from Egypt to Israel to Afghanistan and everything in between. Pull *ALL* ..and I mean *ALL* (You too CIA) of our people out and clear of that whole damn region.

Let all these people have their fight they've been itching for, for centuries. Scores are sitting on both sides with serious needs to settle. Let them settle up with each other.

When the mud, the blood and the gun smoke all settles and they've ALL gotten this sick blood lust satisfied or have died as a apart of it.....We can return and talk honest and long term relations with whoever is left alive and running matters.

The seeds of this all started over a thousand years before the first European stepped foot on North American soil and said "Where are we??". This isn't our fight and it's not even our BUSINESS. We've done far too much already to make things worse, IMO. It's time to step clear out and let nature take it's course, however that needs to happen.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Video from Reuters...

Link

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
someone obviously leaked a rumor of a movie that is currently in production that insults that guy mohamed.

i've haven't heard of any movies insulting to islam being produced and find it amazing that so many people in Egypt have, considering its being made in the United States.

its obvious those young people are profoundly confused and being played as puppets by the very forces mohamed warned them about.

but i suppose its fair play...their religion and messenger is desecrated and the American's flag is desecrated.

nothing will come of any of this and its of little importance.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by michaelbrux

It's a Dutch movie so attacking American's doesn't make a damn bit of sense.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by antonia
reply to post by michaelbrux

It's a Dutch movie so attacking American's doesn't make a damn bit of sense.

it doesn't make any sense...but America is what 'they' want so everything needs to be about America.

many complaints i've been listening to this week make no sense...someone wants to fight but isn't getting the fight they want.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroUnlmtd

Hundreds had marched to the well-fortified building in downtown Cairo, chanting against the film, and some tore up the Stars and Stripes, showing off pieces to TV cameras. Others objected to the burning.

The protest was sparked by outrage over a video being promoted by an extreme anti-Muslim Egyptian Christian campaigner in the US.

The film apparently depicts Mohammed as a fraud, showing him having sex and calling for massacres.

Apparently the Film is a docu type Film showing Mohammed having sex!!

Who knows what the truth is?

All I know is, these guys show themselves to be a little immature by protesting like this about a guy who they dont even know personally.... whatever is supposed to have been said or done by this Mo, could all be lies for all they know.
edit on 11-9-2012 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Great to see how these people really feal about America, maybe we should give them another BILLION dollars and while were at it lets arm them to the teeth, we always like to arm the people were going to fight later..............it makes things so even and all.

Whats the matter with this country, an idiot off the street could see this coming!!
edit on 11-9-2012 by Battleline because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Go start copy cats...both with new regimes...

Link

Go figure

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Why pray tell is the MSM making these stupid films?
Surely they are not trying to inflame the people against america?
I think the movie industry is just another NWO shill business......programming the peoples hatreds and anger....
working up predjudices so the war keeps on going like the energizer bunny......
Its time to shut these people down for good..........

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   

BreakingNews: Islamist militants use rocket propelled grenade when attacking U.S. consulate in Benghazi: correspondent

1 hour ago from twitter.com by editor

www.breakingnews.com...

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
delete
edit on 11-9-2012 by MidnightTide because: posted in older thread

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Yea I read there was another incident at a U.S. Consulate earlier

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Dont anyone else think that the whole arab spring BS, was a ploy to destabilise the mid east?
I see egypt and Isreal getting frisky with each other sooner or later with Morsi in power.
The brotherhood seems little more than an acceptable name for Al CIA da...
Their aims are the same or similar it seems.
If you asked id tell you i think that the whole thing is about creating more wars so that Isreal can expand its borders to the size of old isreal of yore......

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
Why pray tell is the MSM making these stupid films?
Surely they are not trying to inflame the people against america?
I think the movie industry is just another NWO shill business......programming the peoples hatreds and anger....
working up predjudices so the war keeps on going like the energizer bunny......
Its time to shut these people down for good..........

Ummm, from what I understand, it's an idependent documentry created by a christian extremeist (not the MSM)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by ZeroUnlmtd

Yep.... US Ambassador has apparently been killed during the Film Protest!

news.sky.com...

President Obama condemns the "outrageous" killing of four US officials in Libya by gunmen protesting about an anti-Muslim film.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Battleline
Great to see how these people really feal about America, maybe we should give them another BILLION dollars and while were at it lets arm them to the teeth, we always like to arm the people were going to fight later..............it makes things so even and all.

Whats the matter with this country, an idiot off the street could see this coming!!
Precisely. I saw this coming when the MB's came to power in Egypt. Interesting part is that they had a meeting not too long ago with Iran. My ATS cap believes me to think that somehow its (cairo, algeria and libyan embassy issues/protests) a huge distraction from the Syrian/Iranian issue just so the US/West re-focuses on the other nations as the Syrian issues simmers IMO.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by hp1229

Originally posted by Battleline

Precisely. I saw this coming when the MB's came to power in Egypt. Interesting part is that they had a meeting not too long ago with Iran. My ATS cap believes me to think that somehow its (cairo, algeria and libyan embassy issues/protests) a huge distraction from the Syrian/Iranian issue just so the US/West re-focuses on the other nations as the Syrian issues simmers IMO.
What is really something to think about is that Iran is sending men into help Assad and Assad is fighting men sent in by the MB to help the rebals, I mean how do you get into bed with the very people you are fighting??
edit on 12-9-2012 by Battleline because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join