Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

White House declines Netanyahu request to meet with Obama

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   

considering the powder keg that is going on in the middle east, you'd think that Mr. Nobel Peace Prize would want to make sure he got to meet with the parties involved .. even at a minutes notice.
reply to post by FlyersFan

Agreed. Those thas know me, understand that I am not an alarmist. However, Obama's refusal may just send Netanyahu over the edge, into attacking Iran. If that happens, NO ONE wins. This is an extremely dangerous situation, and a no-show President is the potential powder keg. I don't understand how Obama does not have time for the Prime Minister of our only real ally in the Middle East, but has time to schedule an appearance on Letterman. I can only conclude that getting re-elected is more important than preventing a possible WWIII. No one should take the situation in the Middle East lightly. Those that say that Israel's motive are not valid, fail to understand that Iran has sworn to wipe Israel off the face of the map. Do people REALLY want WWIII?

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Bibbi must be pissed...........this is an insult hell not forgive or forget......
reply to post by stirling

Netanyahu and Obama truly despise each other. Obama has treated Netanyahu like the plague ever since Obama assumed office. Remember this incident:

Benjamin Netanyahu was left to stew in a White House meeting room for over an hour after President Barack Obama abruptly walked out of tense talks to have supper with his family,it emerged on Thursday. The snub marked a fresh low in US-Israeli relations and appeared designed to show Mr Netanyahu how low his stock had fallen in Washington after he refused to back down in a row over Jewish construction in east Jerusalem.

Obama) immediately presented Mr Netanyahu with a list of 13 demands designed both to the end the feud with his administration and to build Palestinian confidence ahead of the resumption of peace talks. Key among those demands was a previously-made call to halt all new settlement construction in east Jerusalem.

When the Israeli prime minister stalled,Mr Obama rose from his seat declaring:“I’m going to the residential wing to have dinner with Michelle and the girls.” As he left,Mr Netanyahu was told to consider the error of his ways. “I’m still around,” Mr Obama is quoted by Israel’s Yediot Ahronot newspaper as having said. “Let me know if there is anything new.”

www.exposeobama.com...
Obama is the ultimate narcissist, who can never admit that he is wrong, and it is this behavior that just may get the world into WWIII.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I bet when he lands he's going to march right down to Dave Letterman and say to OBama we need to talk.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Obama is in the middle of a presidential campaign. He wasn't able to find any time to attend APEC. Hillary more than ably filled in for his shoes. So Obama not meeting with Netanyahu is no big deal. It would have been more of note had he meet with the Israeli Prime Minster, Nothing major will come out of the White House foreign policy wise until February 2013,

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
UPDATE:
Netanyahu and Obama to Meet as West Deploys in Gulf

Obama and Netanyahu will meet in an unannounced meeting, the London Telegraph reported Sunday. There has been no confirmation.

www.israelnationalnews.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join