It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House declines Netanyahu request to meet with Obama

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   

White House declines Netanyahu request to meet with Obama

www.haaretz.com

The White House's response marks a new low in relations between Netanyahu and Obama, underscored by the fact that this is the first time Netanyahu will visit the U.S. as prime minister without meeting Obama.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
THIS is unexpected? no?

I know Obama, Harper, Netanyahu and Amadinjihad will all be in the ring at the UN Council Meeting.. but no prior visit to review possible outcome?

I think this is because Netanyahu gave Obama until the end of the UN meetings to declare military option is unavoidable unless Iran completely shuts down their Nuclear Programme.

I don't really know what else to make of this? This will for sure lose him some points... or will it?

www.haaretz.com

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
They do not need to meet in person, they have a constant hotline to each other.

Just smoke and mirrors again, plausible deniability is what the US is looking for

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by munkey66
They do not need to meet in person, they have a constant hotline to each other.

Just smoke and mirrors again, plausible deniability is what the US is looking for

This. So true.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
The may have the bat phone to each others office, but this public refusal to meet, in my opinion, does make quite a statement.

The US is not at the beck and call of Israel, at least not in the form of a in person meeting.

Or perhaps Netanyahu made a mess last time he visited the white house.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I think it's a daily game of which face is Obama showing and will the real President please stand up. On one hand, he and Clinton are off making nice nice with the most radical elements within the Jihadi sects we fight. On the other, they are telling the world that the U.S. and Israel have never been closer and are the best of friends.

Meanwhile, the U.S. Ambassador nearly gets his head torn clean off and handed back to him in Israel and Obama tells Bibi where to stick it for a meeting. Well now....we'll sit down without precondition or issues with our enemies. Obama says so and has since he was a wee candidate in 2007. However, when a staunch ally (or what used to be) comes half way around the world...Obama treats him like Castro coming to town after the revolution. 'So sowwy....we aren't available to see you now, make an appointment and come back another time'.

Wow.... Now that is really making every effort to see peace prevail and a way through this crisis without a few million bodies stacked on the other end of it. Hell, the Peace Prize winner could at least TRY and look like peace still matters to him......but appearances are apparently too conflicted in this web he's weaved to even bother with maintaining anymore.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN

THIS is unexpected? no?

I know Obama, Harper, Netanyahu and Amadinjihad will all be in the ring at the UN Council Meeting.. but no prior visit to review possible outcome?

I think this is because Netanyahu gave Obama until the end of the UN meetings to declare military option is unavoidable unless Iran completely shuts down their Nuclear Programme.

I don't really know what else to make of this? This will for sure lose him some points... or will it?

www.haaretz.com

I would think that it WOULD be expected. Netanyahu gives Obama an ultimatum (of which I don't really know all the details), and then Obama refuses the private meeting. Already there is much talk of the US being Israel's puppet, and if Obama starts jumping for every command performance demanded by Netanyahu that will cement that opinion into every other national leader's mind. If Obama agreed to the meeting and then decided to get involved in the whole Israel/Iran chest thumping fiasco it would be political suicide.

In my own opinion we should honor our ageements with our allies, but we should not be provoked and chided by ANYONE to start another unnecessary war. So far all Iran has done is talk a bunch of bull and that is a far cry from "pushing the button". I don't think we should become involved until such a point that it is required by our contractural obligations.

I am not an Iran supporter, but we already have too many problems at home to be getting drawn into more wars that we cannot afford.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Peace, you ridiculous rabbit, is in the hands of Israel and Israel alone. They are the prominent aggressors within this situation due to their fear of losing political clout and control of the region to a nucelar Iran. Israel, in allowing Iran to maintain the use of nuclear armaments and enrichment, loses the ability to actively manipulate regional politics while facing little direct and substantial scrutiny by others. A state with nuclear capabilities in the Middle East that seeks to condemn the actions of Israel through verbal admonishment, has the right, the voice, and the power to do so. Israel is afraid of an equal playing ground, and they are afraid of political and physical blowback. There are, surprisingly, legitimate concerns of enriched materials making their way to Syria, Lybia, and other actors looking to harm the state of Israel. That's blow back for you. Don't start things if the future results are foreseeable. The state of Israel is guilty of gross and flagrant negligence in the protection of its people through the agitation of outside states, nations, reilgions, and peoples. Tough cookies, my friends. Israel has a peace campaign that it needs to hop on NOW if it is willing to protect its people. That's the short and skinny of it.

Deal With It.

edit on 11-9-2012 by TheOneElectric because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOneElectric

We'll agree to disagree, or at least I will. I hope we can respectfully agree on that on this issue, where such respect in general terms is so often lacking. We're on opposite sides of the street here, and the street is so wide that there simply is no common median to step to and meet on. Not on this very specific topic.

There are a few...just a few..on ATS which I respect the reasoning, intelligence and well rounded approach of a bit too much to engage in what I know will be an open fight before ever entering the ring. This is one of those cases. So, with that in mind....I'll simply end by saying we couldn't be further apart but it's the greater joy of Western Society that we can be so different on outlook without threat of violence or necessity of hate coming into it.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I accept. No doubt we'll be at arms, and I'd rather avoid such a conflict. Instead, I'll agree that our views may retain their different shades, while our activities towards one another remain civil and polite.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
May I respectfully interject one more thing?

What the media tells us... and in particular US and Israeli media...should, in my opinion, always bear the caveat of "potentially controlled information."

Perhaps there is nothing but truth in the reports we hear... but I have been so utterly disappointed in past reliance on journalism in this area I can no longer come to blithely accept that what we are told is not consciously designed to evoke precisely the 'feeling' the press and talking heads inject into it.

Both nations have a media apparatus that appears dedicated to "telling" us what "we" think... as if we couldn't think anything coherent until they have their say.

By the way I thoroughly applaud and congratulate you members on the rapprochement! Dialog needn't be weighed down by disagreement... that's what politicians do.... not citizens.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOneElectric
Peace, you ridiculous rabbit, is in the hands of Israel and Israel alone. They are the prominent aggressors within this situation ....

Funny.

There are NO innocent parties in the middle east. Not Israel. Not Iran. Not Syria. Not Saudi Arabia. Not Hamas or Hezbollah. They are ALL aggressors. None of them are more 'prominent'.

That being said .. if it were a very last minute request for a meeting then I can see the reason for a decline from Obama. These things need serious security coordination etc etc. But at the same time, considering the powder keg that is going on in the middle east, you'd think that Mr. Nobel Peace Prize would want to make sure he got to meet with the parties involved .. even at a minutes notice.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
^FlyersFan is right, they're all a collection of overly stimulated a-holes in that general vicinity.

Didn't the bible say that the one tribe would be like the running wild ass... I think it meant all tribes in that general area as there isn't a sane one in power.

Derek

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Bibbi must be pissed...........this is an insult hell not forgive or forget......
In fact id bet the war just became a sure bet when he got the big turn down......
I can just see the wrinkles forming, and the face getting mottled......Bibbi will have revenge for this id bet a bundle on it.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
This really is a head scratcher .

If I didn't know better I would think we were watching a TV season finally ..... Tune in next season to see if...

Obama is a secret Muslem ? Will Israel go it alone ? Is this all a deception ? Will the president be dealt with by means of a false flage ? Will God himself come down and deal with Israels's enemy's ?

Tune in next season to find out !

But back on track , right .

This new turn in policy towards Israel makes me think of this book The Secret War against The Jews

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
It's just a puppet show
I'm not meeting you but i'll continue showering you with money

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
All I have to say is, good for them.

Israel wants the US to go to war with Iran.

But really the central bankers want in.

The US doesn't need that crap. We ought to just leave Iran alone.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
I think it's a daily game of which face is Obama showing and will the real President please stand up. On one hand, he and Clinton are off making nice nice with the most radical elements within the Jihadi sects we fight. On the other, they are telling the world that the U.S. and Israel have never been closer and are the best of friends.

Meanwhile, the U.S. Ambassador nearly gets his head torn clean off and handed back to him in Israel and Obama tells Bibi where to stick it for a meeting. Well now....we'll sit down without precondition or issues with our enemies. Obama says so and has since he was a wee candidate in 2007. However, when a staunch ally (or what used to be) comes half way around the world...Obama treats him like Castro coming to town after the revolution. 'So sowwy....we aren't available to see you now, make an appointment and come back another time'.

Wow.... Now that is really making every effort to see peace prevail and a way through this crisis without a few million bodies stacked on the other end of it. Hell, the Peace Prize winner could at least TRY and look like peace still matters to him......but appearances are apparently too conflicted in this web he's weaved to even bother with maintaining anymore.

Let's take a real look at who these "allies" are.
They aren't so friendly as you think.
In fact, they have a history of lying, cajoling and manipulating our country.
Remember the Liberty.
Remember the way they own half of our congress.
Remember the way they treat their apartheid residents.

The Israeli government is not a friend to anyone but themselves.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   
On a side note : America be careful : US Navy Warned of Attack by Israel

It was 1967 when Israeli planes bombed and strafed the USS Liberty for hours, machine-gunning life rafts, peppering the 20 foot “stars and stripes” with machine gun holes, napalming, torpedoes, one of most dastardly sneak attacks on a virtually unarmed ship since Pearl Harbor in 1941.

Google Video Link

Now, Veterans Today has learned that naval personnel in the upcoming exercise have “shoot to kill” orders if approached by unknown aircraft, even if clearly marked as “Israeli.”

“Netanyahu’s gang bought Romney with 30 pieces of silver, getting him to agree to invade Iran if elected. This, in light of the Israeli court finding of “not guilty” for the murderers of Rachel Corrie, the young American woman mutilated by an IDF driven Caterpillar bulldozer sent us a message. We heard it loud and clear, as loud as the screaming insults Netanyahu tried to leash upon General Martin Dempsey last week until the general made a few issues clear. Whatever America’s loyalty to Israel may be or may have been, abuse of the highest military officer of the world’s greatest military power by an angry little “pissant potentate” from a “seaside sand heap” nation, the difference between “tail” and “dog,” one forgotten by President Bush is not going to be forgotten by this president.”

Naval sources said they were surprised at the order:

“We knew the region was ‘hot’ after two Turkish jets were downed by Syria but a warning about an Israeli attack during a joint exercise is almost bizarre if not unreal. There are few if almost none in service who still feel there is a grudge to settle over the USS Liberty incident. The ”Liberty,” of course, was unarmed. An AEGIS could down the entire Israeli air force and would have even less trouble with their missiles or torpedo boats. Few in the military know the history or have much understanding of the current dispute with Israel but anything entering attack range get’s ’splashed.’”

Source : Veterans Today

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Update!

US President Barack Obama spoke with Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu for an hour Tuesday night and reaffirmed that they are united in their determination to prevent Iran from obtaining a nuclear weapon, the White House said.

The two leaders "discussed the cooperation on Iran and other security issues and agreed to continue their close consultations going forward," the statement said.

www.ynetnews.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join