It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cairo protesters scale U.S. Embassy wall, remove flag

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by fenceSitter
You don't have to agree with it. You don't have to like it. But you can tolerate it out of respect for your fellow man. We all believe in things that other do not and as long as we live in a world where tolerance of those differences do not exist, violence and hatred will always rule.

The next time somebody in the ME forum disagrees with me and my stance I'll try that logic and I'll guarantee you....

It'll go over like a fart in Church...

Any visual depiction of Mohammed risks offending almost 25% of the worlds population. So if you are out to make a few enemies, this is certainly the best way to do it.

Oh, I gotcha now..

Appeasement

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
The Muslims will never be appeased, for it is their mission, whether you know this or not
to take over the world... by violence if necessary.

Their book says it's ok to kill infidels.

Yup the religion of peace.
edit on 11-9-2012 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Thats right, the dutch film somehow is America's fault.

So, instead of trying to bring sense to people, just accept it..your right, America does everything, now continue your protests, America will simply flip your government again if we get annoyed enough. We do, own, and run everything, there is not a single event that isn't from the CIA, or other alphabet agencies.

Come at us, bro!

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Here is the trailer for the movie in question:

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Just wait, the American government will likely apologize for this.....oh wait, they already did:

U.S. Embassy 'Condemns the Continuing Efforts by Misguided Individuals to Hurt the Religious Feelings of Muslims'

The U.S. embassy in Cairo released the following statement:

The Embassy of the United States in Cairo condemns the continuing efforts by misguided individuals to hurt the religious feelings of Muslims – as we condemn efforts to offend believers of all religions. Today, the 11th anniversary of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks on the United States, Americans are honoring our patriots and those who serve our nation as the fitting response to the enemies of democracy. Respect for religious beliefs is a cornerstone of American democracy. We firmly reject the actions by those who abuse the universal right of free speech to hurt the religious beliefs of others

The statement comes after a mob of Egyptians climbed the walls of the embassy and tore down the American flag. Reuters reports:

Egyptian protesters scaled the walls of the U.S. embassy in Cairo on Tuesday and pulled down the American flag during a protest over what they said was a film being produced in the United States that insulted Prophet Mohammad, witnesses said.

In place of the U.S. flag, the protesters tried to raise a black flag with the words "There is no God but Allah and Mohammad is his messenger", a Reuters reporter said.

Once the U.S. flag was hauled down, protesters tore it up, with some showing off small pieces to television cameras. Then others burned remains.

"This movie must be banned immediately and an apology should be made ... This is a disgrace," said 19-year-old, Ismail Mahmoud, a member of the so-called "ultras" soccer supporters who played a big role in the uprising that brought down Hosni Mubarak last year.

www.weeklystandard.com...

Sometimes one has to question what is going on in the minds of those in Washington.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
And now we have an American killed at the consulate in Libya, because of the protests in Cairo. So whos gonna answer to that one? Gee I think us Americans need to stir the pot over here, long past due. I really wish I was located near one of these areas here in the US, but in the end we will all wake up tomorrow and all will be forgotten as usual.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
The United States faces decline, political, economic, and military impotence. Gas prices continue to climb. Prices are rising and so is unemployment. We are in an unending period of "stagflation."

Our reputation around the world is on the decline and our commitment to freedom and our allies is in question.

So much so that Islamic fundamentalists, extemists, and radicals storm a Mid eastern US Embassy... the US decries the move with diplomatic hocus pocus. Israel questions our commitment as the President tries to build ties to Muslim countries...

Name the President... Carter or Obama...1979 or 2012...?

Those that do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by fenceSitter

Typing this on phone sorry for grammer.
don't worry I don't take anything personally here. However i refuse to accept the arguement of "of its just a few rotten apples in the bushel" when it comes to the lateat Muslim outrage over the exercise of free speech in the west. There is something fundementally wrong with a nation/religion that allows such extremists to weild the power and influence. Frankly im tired of having to worry about offending Muslim senstivities with things such as books, cartoons and movies. That the Muslim world cant get over any slight to their religious beliefs is a very real problem. You shouldnt have to coddle such behavior by blaming a movie for the childish behavior of some muslims. Why is it only muslims that seem to freak out violently everytime religion gets held up in a harsh light?

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Obama administration disavows Cairo apology
www.politico.com...

Well that is going to go over like a lead balloon. Obama claims no responsibility for the statement. Yet where is his statement?

The Romney campaign accused the Obama administration of sympathizing with the protests in a statement released after the administration statement.

“I'm outraged by the attacks on American diplomatic missions in Libya and Egypt and by the death of an American consulate worker in Benghazi. It's disgraceful that the Obama administration's first response was not to condemn attacks on our diplomatic missions, but to sympathize with those who waged the attacks,” Romney said.

Obama Regime Throws Itself Under The Bus, Disavows Apology For Mohammed Film…

weaselzippers.us...

This face saving retraction makes it look like he is unsympathetic to the Muslims now.

According to the Wall Street Journal, the film depicts the Muslim prophet Muhammed as a “womanizer, pedophile and fraud” — depiction bound to offend many Muslims.

edit on 9/12/2012 by sad_eyed_lady because: add something

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Such a sad time in human history. Hurts the soul to see such violence and pAin.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Egypt’s Muslim Brotherhood Demands Obama Apologize For Mohammed Movie, Calls On U.S. To Prosecute “Madmen” Behind Film…

weaselzippers.us...# disqus_thread

The embassy apologized, Obama denied involvement and said this:

"The statement by Embassy Cairo was not cleared by Washington and does not reflect the views of the United States government," an administration official told POLITICO.

www.politico.com...

So now he is in more do do for being a dodo and needs to kiss butt somehow without losing face (Mission Impossible) and prosecute the filmmaker. He is going to have to write and Executive Order to make this a crime so he can appease his Muslim buddies. Hey, wish you luck Mr. President, you #ed yourself.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

That is not an apology.

An apology is admission of wrong doing and has the words "I'm sorry in it". That quote has none of that in it.

It's just political partisan junk calling it an apology.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join