It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cairo protesters scale U.S. Embassy wall, remove flag

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
[url=http://content.usatoday.com/communities/ondeadline/post/2012/09/11/cairo-us-embassy-protesters-prophet-mohammad/70000126/1#.UE-EwFH0eSq]Link[/url ]
content.usatoday.com...-EwFH0eSq

Not sure how ugly this is going to get.
But this is not a good thing.

Egyptian demonstrators climbed the walls of the U.S. Embassy in Cairo today and pulled down the American flag to protest a film they say is insulting to the prophet Mohammad.

Protesting because of some movie?
They need to get a grip.

edit on 11-9-2012 by grey580 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

Uh Oh the prophet has been Insulted again.
That's 129 times today!

/Too sensitive
edit on 11-9-2012 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

Once again, religious beliefs, dictate political actions. This will lead to nothing good.

Des

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Yep, Islam is a religion of peace as long as you don't do anything they perceive as an insult

and than its storm the embassies...

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Yet they wont name the film.

People and their stupid religous outbursts.

Get a CLUE!!

I want the name of the movie- So I can watch it over and over and over.

Im tired of people acting like morons all of the time.

BTW- this was a Dutch Production.

That jones guy is in it- but 2000 people rushing our embassy to tear our flag down is a little extreme to say the least.

I really hate stupid people and their stupid faiths that make them act like such aholes.

Some people just will never learn how to grow up.

If it offends you- dont watch it. Simple as that.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
DOUBTFUL.

To scale a wall of a national building and removing the flag... that is the overthrow of power. To say this happened because of a movie is to assume the American populous is a bunch of sheep.... oh wait. The USA is losing ground, period. Blame movies, blame the weather, blame santa clause.... the moral of the story is evil does not stand the test of time.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
It is no different if it was a film about any biblical prophets.

There will always be a LOUD VOCAL SANCTIMONIOUS MINORITY that is only good in outward forms of religiousity, but hate filled evil inside that make demands of confirmity. Inferiority complex at work - using outward forms of godliness to make up for their religious shortcommings.

Enjoy their hypocrisy, let them be, so long as none gets hurt or harmed. If so, the FULL weight of rule of law will be imposed upon those individuals who committed the crimes, as per the constitution.

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH WITH THE MIS-INTERPRETATIONS AND MISUSE OF RELIGION!!!

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Hey now...

Let's all chant in unison...

"It's just a flag"

Whats the name of movie being made?

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Al Ahram online says the film is reportedly being produced by U.S.-based Coptic-Christian Egyptians, including Esmat Zaklama and Morees Sadek, with the support of the Terry Jones Church in the United States.

Jones is the evangelical pastor who stirred controversy last year by threatening to burn a Quran in public.

The AP says clips of the film available on YouTube show the prophet having sex and question his role as the messenger of Godâ??s words.

And we wonder why these people are pissed? It seems there is always one religious bigot trying to press the buttons of other religious zealots and then we question why this sort of stuff happens?

Let them take the flag and do whatever they want with it. America is still going to move along and we'll just put another one up tomorrow.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Did they successfully capture the flag and return it to their flag and score a point?

I never knew Egyptians loved to play CTF.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Although I do find these actions extreme, the simple fact is that any visual depiction of their prophet is against their Islamic faith. Mostly Sunni Muslims and Muslims adhering to a more traditional version of Islam are going to be offended especially when it is done by a non-Muslim.

You don't have to agree with it. You don't have to like it. But you can tolerate it out of respect for your fellow man. We all believe in things that other do not and as long as we live in a world where tolerance of those differences do not exist, violence and hatred will always rule.

I also don't think this incident is entirely about a single film. I think it is also an excuse to take out resentment many people in the Middle East have for the west.

Any visual depiction of Mohammed risks offending almost 25% of the worlds population. So if you are out to make a few enemies, this is certainly the best way to do it.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by fenceSitter
Although I do find these actions extreme, the simple fact is that any visual depiction of their prophet is against their Islamic faith. Mostly Sunni Muslims and Muslims adhering to a more traditional version of Islam are going to be offended especially when it is done by a non-Muslim.

You don't have to agree with it. You don't have to like it. But you can tolerate it out of respect for your fellow man. We all believe in things that other do not and as long as we live in a world where tolerance of those differences do not exist, violence and hatred will always rule.

I also don't think this incident is entirely about a single film. I think it is also an excuse to take out resentment many people in the Middle East have for the west.

Any visual depiction of Mohammed risks offending almost 25% of the worlds population. So if you are out to make a few enemies, this is certainly the best way to do it.

My Answer is: so what? Why do I have to be tolerant of a group of people who go ape@#$% all the time over things like this? Seriously. Protest the film fine. Go Crazy and storm an embassy? Get with the 21st Century. Where is the tolerance shown by the Egyptian protesters in this latest example of how Muslim Mob mentality takes over? When you keep making excuses for boorish behavior, you end up enabling it.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by pavil

Source: cnn.com

The U.S. Embassy said in a statement Tuesday that it "condemns the continuing efforts by misguided individuals to hurt the religious feelings of Muslims -- as we condemn efforts to offend believers of all religions."

"Respect for religious beliefs is a cornerstone of American democracy," the statement said. "We firmly reject the actions by those who abuse the universal right of free speech to hurt the religious beliefs of others."

Looks like your government disagrees with you. I did say that I find their actions extreme. I am not enabling them or making any excuses. They are people standing up for what they believe in, even if you disagree.

Others expressed more general grievances about U.S. policy, chanting anti-American slogans and holding up bits of a shredded American flag to television camera crews in front of the embassy.

As I said, some of these people are there for other reasons that just a simple film. I am not trying to attack you personally but as long as there is a 'I don't give a sh!t about their crazy beliefs' attitude, the only result is conflict.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
These idiots are hypocrites. If we are all supposed to be equal, then surely putting someone above the rest of humanity is idolatry. According to their religion, only allah is to be worshipped, yet they constantly worship their prophet. It just goes to show how little they actually care about their god, they just use it as an excuse to behave the way they do.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Looks like it's time for another bonfire, whats that phone number to the crazy guy in Florida? As many have said already it's just a film, good to see nothing in this world ever changes. ... And get used to it as many of us have had enough of these "religions".

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
weaselzippers.us...

Get off our property! Now!

What a wimpy government we have. U.S. condemns the religious incitement caused by a movie yet it is OK to shred our flag and put theirs up on today of all days . Oh, they must really hate us. These are the people Obama supported during the Arab Spring uprising against Mubarak. Friends like these, who needs enemies?
So the government takes the heat for the movie.?

Press release from U.S. Embassy

egypt.usembassy.gov...

September 11, 2012

The Embassy of the United States in Cairo condemns the continuing efforts by misguided individuals to hurt the religious feelings of Muslims – as we condemn efforts to offend believers of all religions. Today, the 11th anniversary of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks on the United States, Americans are honoring our patriots and those who serve our nation as the fitting response to the enemies of democracy. Respect for religious beliefs is a cornerstone of American democracy. We firmly reject the actions by those who abuse the universal right of free speech to hurt the religious beliefs of others

Yeah, but the pro-lifers are supposed to pay for abortions now.

Hypocrites. Obama says # the Christians. He really should move to the Middle East.

"Respect for religious beliefs is a cornerstone of American democracy."

Not from where I'm standing.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I will wait to see how long the "shouldn't make that movie" excuse gets made....or these people don't represent Islam baloney. Funny how we hear this kind of thing all the time. Religion of peace, don't think so Tim.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
Did they successfully capture the flag and return it to their flag and score a point?

I never knew Egyptians loved to play CTF.

Solution
/Headshot........ Monster Kill

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I would say the solution is pull out of the middle east altogether, no money, no trade - zip.....then sit back and watch how the they treat one another.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
If Muslims made a movie of Jesus being raped or urinated on or something morally disgusting I'm sure all the redneck christian fundamentalists would go ape!

In saying that, why attack the embassy? to me that seems a little more political than religious.

Egypt is really trying hard to stir Israel and the US.

What happened to the people inside the embassy?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join