It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stephen Harper wins 'world statesman' award for being a champion of democracy, freedom and human rig

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Stephen Harper wins 'world statesman' award for being a champion of democracy, freedom and human rights

news.nationalpost.c om

OTTAWA — Prime Minister Stephen Harper will travel to New York City in late September to receive an award as “world statesman” for his work as “a champion of democracy, freedom and human rights.”

The award comes from an organization called the Appeal of Conscience Foundation,

Its website says the Foundation has worked on behalf of religious freedom and human rights throughout the world.

“This interfaith coalition of business and religious leaders promotes peace, tolerance and ethnic c
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Wait...what?

The organization paying tribute to Harper was founded in 1965 by Rabbi Arthur Schneier.

So I did some googling on this Rabbi and they also gave an award to South Korea because:
www.jewishpost.com...

It seems this award for liberty and religious freedom is really because of closing down the Iranian Embassy and deporting Diplomats.

LOL....

Maybe I am generalizing but so far it seems like that because of the South Korea reason

I'll do some more googling

news.nationalpost.c om
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

Wait...what?

The organization paying tribute to Harper was founded in 1965 by Rabbi Arthur Schneier.

... and here I thought that it was being awarded by the National Sarcasm Society, lol.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Now where is that article about the treatment of native peoples in Canada....?

You know, the media keeps letting us in on the little awards and prizes the club members give each other... and I think their intent is that we believe it "means something."

I may be wrong.... maybe they just can't imagine what "good news" might be in the minds of human beings... so they opt for club member good news....

But I think we are supposed to accept the news as something we (or maybe it's just Canadians) should be "proud" of.....

and I suppose club members.are proud.... whatever that's worth.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

The PTB did this with mandela in the 80's and 90's. They turned a terrorist into a hero with media pressure. Nothing different here, terrorist to hero. Have you read some of the bills this @sshat promoted? Btw, I am a little surprised harper didn't thank russell williams, same club right? Same secrets right? Oh wait, they managed to catch williams for hsi crimes, they haven't caught harper just yet.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 9/11.2012 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Did we not get in trouble for using information produced from tortured individuals?

Plus, Harper as a champion, i had a funny image of him in over sized knights armor.

What a joke

edit on 11-9-2012 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
You have got to be kidding me. I am posting before even reading the OP because nothing in this article could possibly prove that Stephen Harper is anything more than a waste of space in the Canadian government. (Well him and his neo-cons) I will still read said article but to me, Harper, is exactly what it wrong with this country today.

Now where is that article about the treatment of native peoples in Canada....?

Excellent point MaxMars.

edit on 11/9/2012 by TheSparrowSings because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by adjensen

How did I know that would factor in?

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Ohhh.. i guess thats why us Canadians just passed a few bills limiting our privacy online. How about some of that sexy warrentless ISP data, mmmmm.

LOL democracy? haha yeah, because when he was about to have a vote of no confidence from all political parties he didnt shut down government process for 3 months so no one could vote. what a joke, this is hard to believe. I dont even know what to say. And how about this, Robocall election fraud, check out the website below.

___t Harper Did . com

THE LINK DOESNT WORK BECAUSE OF THE PROFANITY FILTER

____Harperdid.com the censored word rhymes with Hit, bit, sit, comes out your butt.

edit on 11-9-2012 by gostr because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by gostr

you mean (rhymes with hit)harperdid.ca

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
\this lowly Turd deserves to be flushed from the toilet of history................as amadinnerjacket says....
Harper is a sore pimple on the butt of humanity......(and i think hes probably a closet racist IMHO he doesnt like anybody)
I dont trust his butter wont melt in my mouth attitude and hes just one notch too holier than thou .....
This guy has been sucking up to America since taking power....he needs to be ethnically cleansed from parliament.....French people could just stop voting for this creep and hed be gone gone gone......
Such hypocrisy is sick making, these scumbags give each other awards and back pats for treachery.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I hate to do this but here it goes a famous one liner from me.....Harper is an Ass and not a skinny one either.

Regards, Iwinder

I feel a bit better now

edit on 11-9-2012 by Iwinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Ah, is this like the time when President Obama was given a Nobel Peace Prize for...what exactly? Hell, I don't even remember, the reason was so absurd.

Let them have their plastic awards. We all know they're as fake as the lies these politicians sell time and time again.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by greenist
Ah, is this like the time when President Obama was given a Nobel Peace Prize for...what exactly? ....

Um, it might appear irreverent to say so; but it does kind of rekindle such memories....

That's a new phrase for my "Big Lexicon of Social Engineering" .... "The Award meme"

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Could this have anything to do with the decision of closing the embassy in Iran? Just a thought.

Or at least the several years of pandering before.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker
Could this have anything to do with the decision of closing the embassy in Iran? Just a thought.

Or at least the several years of pandering before.

I thought the same thing. People just keep on ignoring what the Harper regime is doing to Canada. Harper can go wear his sweater that he always wears (in christmas pictures) with the same cat cuddling in his arms and accept his "reward". Canadians are not blind to the fact that there is corruption. But unfortunately too many are too conservative to vote for the other guy. A bah on democracy. Harper only has his majority because people couldn't decide between Liberal and NDP. (Sometimes too much choice can be a bad thing...)

top topics

join