It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Laura Ingraham to GOP: ‘If you can’t beat Barack Obama… shut down the party’

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I like it when Ingraham throws one below the belt. The soft gloves must come off. They've been stuck on since the 2008 campaign when both Clinton and McCain put them on.

Our nation is officially underwater www.abovetopsecret.com... and the hammer blows need to begin regarding Obama's record and his handling of our economy.

Obama just wants a mulligan. Probably what he is used to getting on the golf course everyday. "Hey great shot Mr. President" as he burns another through the turf and into the drink.

Obama at work (Judge Smails)
The last shot needs to come from the GOP

edit on 11-9-2012 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Both parties have reached maximum bovine fecal matter saturation.
Congress' approval rating is in the single digits.
America and Americans are hated world-wide.
America has more of it's citizens locked up in private for-profit prisons than all the other nations combined.
The office of President now claims power to assassinate anyone,(including Americans), anywhere in the world on the mere suggestion that they might be associated with a suspected terrorist. This power will be inherited by all future Presidents, regardless of party.

I could go on, but suffice it to say that both parties need to be shut down. End the 2 party tyranny.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by okrian
reply to post by beezzer

It's comments like "what America used to be about" that are often red flags and/or code for something really creepy. Exactly what did America used to be about? For who? Because until really recently it wasn't really good for anyone except white males. And even then, through the ages, certain white males have also been discriminated against (by other white males... not being the right kind of white - Irish, religious battling, not owning property, slave ownership, etc.).

Again, a few lines later you rephrase this as "the values that made America great". Again, this sounds really dangerous. What values? It can't be hard work, because the "hard work gets the American dream" mantra has long been proven to be a complete farce. The top doesn't want anyone else up there. If anyone who frequents this site knows anything, it's that the system is designed to keep you down (and relatively uneducated).

I concur that we need a leader that sees in the long term. Sadly, it won't happen. The people of this era are far too rooted in short-attention-span. The solutions that we need will take far too long to both implement and succeed.

And please, there are no progressives in either party, by any worldly sense anyway.

*facepalm*

If we can't even agree on "work ethic" and you bring up "code words" then I'm afraid we'll just have to agree to disagree.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

We need NOT charisma, or slick packaging.

We need leadership, and a true representative of the values that made America great, once.

Therein lies the problem. The Democrats have charisma and slick packaging...mixed in with a perceived concern for the little man.

The Republicans are not charismatic, do not present themselves well at all and make it very clear they are not interested in the plight of the little man.

That small difference may be why they stomped us in the last election and why Republicans are jumping ship rather quickly.

But the fact is, we had a true leader present himself and we allowed the Republican party to alienate him and his supporters. He was somewhat charismatic, not very well packaged but he had leadership skills and the ideas to take this country back to exactly where you want it to be.

That was Ron Paul.....and we did him wrong.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

It's too bad they couldn't back Ron Paul then since I think that is exactly what Republican's needed....but no...they cock blocked him at their own convention....

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Ron Paul would not have been elected either. Americans bless our shallow little hearts would not go for a scrawny old guy. We need that charisma factor. In order to be an inspiring leader, this person we are looking for needs to at least have 'everyman' looks. Unfortunately.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

She speaks the truth. The GOP should be charging ahead. The DNC should be wallowing in their own economic miasma.

But both are basically tied.

The religious zealots are the anchor slowing down the Republican party. Too many people are driven away from the Republican party by the religious based stances on things like gay civil unions, abortions, separation of church and state, and religion in schools.

The party should have followed Barry Goldwater's lead.

“Today’s so-called ‘conservatives’ don’t even know what the word means. They think I’ve turned liberal because I believe a woman has a right to an abortion. That’s a decision that’s up to the pregnant woman, not up to the pope or some do-gooders or the Religious Right. It’s not a conservative issue at all.”
~Barry Goldwater

“It’s time America realized that there is no gay exemption in the right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness in the Declaration of Independence.”
~Barry Goldwater

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
The GOP could salvage its image but the yahoos in the steering committees have bent over to the Southerners; the "good ole boy" consortium and caved in to their agenda, completely ignoring the changing American demographic.

imo this Nov. won't be about Obama winning, but the GOP losing.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye
Yippee lets all be distracted from the real problems by the dog and pony show known as elections. Even sadder is all the people who actually listen to the pathetic vitriol of that woman much less that of the big 2 parties...

edit on 11-9-2012 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

She speaks the truth. The GOP should be charging ahead. The DNC should be wallowing in their own economic miasma.

But both are basically tied.

That's because Obama blew all of his money earlier in the year to keep the polls tied.

I predict you will be pleasantly surprised November 1, 2012.

All of the polls will appear more balanced and real in order to gain credibility.

The same thing happened November 1980 -- Carter / Reagan -- election.

Ronald Reagan won by 10%.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

I have a feeling that you might be right. Ingram struck a chord with me with what she said though.

Thus I bring it to the hallowed halls of ATS.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
This should have been the easiest election cycle for a Republican candidate since Reagan's first run. Instead, the GOP began a war with itself, fighting the battle of "I'm more conservative than you are." Then they ran out a circus side show of candidates for the nomination, turning the debates into a Saturday Night Live skit.

Now, for all of those shouting out the third party option, you need to understand that just aiming for the Presidency is a waste of time. Political movements start from the ground and climb, not the other way around. If you really want a solid third party option in the future, you have to get your people in on the ground floor. Local elections are first. Once there are enough (EXAMPLE ONLY: Libertarians) in roles throughout your city councils, serving as mayors and city managers, across the country, you begin working them into the State legislatures and elect them governors.

All of this work is required to get enough of them into Congress, to make a presidency feasible. I know it's not the instant gratification we've all come to expect out of everything, but it's reality. It's a long, hard road that could lead to an established third party with a real chance for legitimacy.
edit on 11-9-2012 by usernameconspiracy because: spelling

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Politics, hate it as much as you want, is all about charisma. No matter the ability to lead, if you can't get the message out, there's no point. That's why President Obama was elected, not his fault we couldn't/wouldn't see behind the packaging.

Now, if you mean look past the surface appeal to the message, then yes, y'all are correct. Charisma isn't everything, but it is part of the package. If you don't have it...politics isn't going to work for you. But you do have to have something to go with it.

Strange thing...

Laura Ingraham is spot on.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   

That's because Obama blew all of his money earlier in the year to keep the polls tied.

Do you have a source or proof of that claim. I'd like to read up on that.

reply to post by beezzer

Ingram struck a chord with me with what she said though.

It should. Our party is failing! It failed you, it failed me and this election has the potential to be completely embarrassing on election day.

Can you imagine what will happen to the credibility of the party if Obama wins reelection after all the crap he has pulled...no too mention the debacle at the convention?

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247

Can you imagine what will happen to the credibility of the party if Obama wins reelection after all the crap he has pulled...no too mention the debacle at the convention?

If Obama wins, then that'll lay the groundwork for a third party. It'll also be a very telling indictment of the mindset of the American people.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

It should. Our party is failing! It failed you, it failed me and this election has the potential to be completely embarrassing on election day.

For some reason the law says that President Mitt Romney can't spend his money until

after the RNC Convention. Now he can spend his money.

--------
Obama has had an incredible burn rate all year long.

It didn't do any good in Wisconsin.

Wisconsin is now - RED -.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

If we can't even agree on "work ethic" and you bring up "code words" then I'm afraid we'll just have to agree to disagree.

I actually doubt that we disagree on "work ethic", but it would seem that we may disagree on the outcome. Luckily, working feverishly for personal satisfaction is good enough for me. It's what was instilled. And again, please explain this blissful heaven that was "what America used to be about" and "the values the made America great", and please keep it grounded in the reality of what was actually going on. Any deeper reading of the founding fathers reveals that there was not much of a consensus on the direction that our nation should take. It has been pretty well disputed from the get-go. And that said, I welcome the disputes, hopefully they will make it better for all in the end.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   

If Obama wins, then that'll lay the groundwork for a third party. It'll also be a very telling indictment of the mindset of the American people.

We had a great chance to start a third party with the Tea Party movement, but it was taken-over by the Republicans and FoxNews. So any third party break away at this point will just be the Republican party with a new name. The ideas will be the same and nothing will change.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

I'm looking for specific information regarding this specific claim. I do not care about what the Romney camp is spending money on.

Please provide me with this information.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

reply to post by beezzer

For some reason the law says that President Mitt Romney can't spend his money until

after the RNC Convention. Now he can spend his money.

--------
Obama has had an incredible burn rate all year long.

It didn't do any good in Wisconsin.

Wisconsin is now - RED -.

The real money is in the the super PACs and both sides have been spending that since way before the conventions. Both sides have plenty of money but. the GOP has the problem a candidate who is niether energizing the base or appealing to the center. Its like Mcain version 2.0.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

Well, the Newt SuperPac spent $10 million attacking Romney.

I also remember the Romney SuperPac - carpet bombing - Newt in Florida.

It was an exciting primary.

----------
Now it's all down to the economy and millions of Americans lining up to see the new movie:

2016 - Obama's America

- Grossed Over $26 Million so far ! Wow! -

-----------
BTW, Laura Ingraham got the idea from George Will ABC News.

With this economy President Mitt Romney should be way ahead.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join