It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Laura Ingraham to GOP: ‘If you can’t beat Barack Obama… shut down the party’

page: 1
21
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   

On her Monday program, conservative radio host Laura Ingraham ripped into Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney’s campaign for its lackluster performance, citing unfavorable polling data showing Romney trailing President Barack Obama, despite the bad economy and high unemployment numbers.

Given that the economy is bad, Ingraham argued Romney should be shoo-in and blamed the Republican Party’s leadership for that not being the case.

“If you can’t beat Barack Obama with this record, then shut down the party,” Ingraham said. “Shut it down, start new, with new people because this is a give-me election, or at least it should be. And the millions of dollars — I keep going back to the million and millions and millions of dollars that are paid to these political consultants election after election. We hire people who have lost previous campaigns, that run campaigns that have failed, who have message campaigns where the message fell flat — and they keep getting rehired. I don’t understand that. I don’t know why those are the people you hire.”

dailycaller.com...

As a former republican, I must agree. The GOP doesn't need progressives, doesn't need moderates, doesn't need bland.

We need to find a party that represents what America used to be about.

We need NOT charisma, or slick packaging.

We need leadership, and a true representative of the values that made America great, once.

Just wanted to share someone else's rant.




posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Anyone else see the Jeb Bush 2016 banner at the RNC?

They are throwing the fight to ensure yet another Bush in office for 2016, probably figure after another Obama term they could clean house in the 2016 elections both in the house and senate...

Sad but its a strategic retreat with a lack luster Candidate, much how the Dems did the exact same thing by putting John Kerry up against an incumbent to ensure an 08 victory.



posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Yippee lets all be distracted from the real problems by the dog and pony show known as elections. Even sadder is all the people who actually listen to the pathetic vitriol of that woman much less that of the big 2 parties...



edit on 11-9-2012 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl
 


Why is it that both parties manipulate the economy and social attitudes JUST for a few fleeting year of power?

What happened to true leadership?



posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye
Yippee lets all be distracted from the real problems by the dog and pony show known as elections. Even sadder is all the people who actually listen to the pathetic vitriol of that woman much less that of the big 2 parties...



edit on 11-9-2012 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)


The only way this gets fix is if we all vote third party, Ive made that decision from here on out I wont be voting for either of the two Parties.

Even if my vote is wasted, at least I know I did the right thing.

I do like how the call for a third party (no matter the source) is growing, its what needs to happen.



posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by benrl
 


Why is it that both parties manipulate the economy and social attitudes JUST for a few fleeting year of power?

What happened to true leadership?


Its a long complex issue Beezzer, its no longer become about fixing anything, their money is in prolonging the problem not in solutions.

I like to think there is no great conspiracy, what you see is simply the result of human greed and shortsightedness, we are looking at problems in 4 year chunks.

What is needed is leadership that sees not in 4 year terms but in decades, the solutions to this problem will take decades.

Its akin to planting an perennial plant when a red wood is what is needed, its all band aids.

The end result is what we see now.



posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye
Yippee lets all be distracted from the real problems by the dog and pony show known as elections. Even sadder is all the people who actually listen to the pathetic vitriol of that woman much less that of the big 2 parties...



edit on 11-9-2012 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)


She speaks the truth. The GOP should be charging ahead. The DNC should be wallowing in their own economic miasma.

But both are basically tied.



posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer
 


Beezzer 2016!!!!



posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I wonder that we have all become so cynical if a leader did rise up, we would neither trust nor believe him/her. I am at that point at least.

I agree with what she says, why hire failures to create success? I am surprised they don't feel the need to defend or justify themselves.

At this point we are broken, but not enough to care. A few of us care, but the burden of the majority, who don't is overwhelming. I don't know at what point it will all change, right now I am not even sure we are looking for leadership. I had such hope for the Occupy movement as a vehicle for social change, but plant a few criminals and poof the whole thing evaporates. I wish they would shut it down and start over.

We need a man of the people, or woman, where are they?
edit on 11-9-2012 by Iamschist because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheGreatDivider
reply to post by beezzer
 


Beezzer 2016!!!!



good lord NO!


(I'm too damned evil)

But we need a "beezzer-ish" candidate.



posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by TheGreatDivider
 


I concur. Beezer and S. Palin for my ticket.

I am tired of the Professional.Politician



posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer
 





What happened to true leadership?


It was sold to the highest bidder.



posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iamschist
I wonder that we have all become so cynical if a leader did rise up, we would neither trust nor believe him/her. I am at that point at least.

I agree with what she says, why hire failures to create success? I am surprised they don't feel the need to defend or justify themselves.

At this point we are broken, but not enough to care. A few of us care, but the burden of the majority, who don't is overwhelming. I don't know at what point it will all change, right now I am not even sure we are looking for leadership. I had such hope for the Occupy movement as a vehicle for social change, but plant a few criminals and poof the whole thing evaporates. I wish they would shut it down and start over.

We need a man of the people, or woman, where are they?
edit on 11-9-2012 by Iamschist because: (no reason given)


I still have hopes for the Tea Party, but I too, am getting very cynical.



posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
She`s right,
if the GOP can`t beat obama then they should just turn the lights off,close up shop and dissolve the party because a loss to obama will be a clear and unambiguous vote of NO confidence in the current GOP.



posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by anon72
reply to post by TheGreatDivider
 


I concur. Beezer and S. Palin for my ticket.

I am tired of the Professional.Politician


While I too am tired of the "Political Politician" for 2016, we should start looking NOW!



posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Most people in the US are centrist moderate in mind set. If the GOP wants to attract members and votes they need to dump the hard core theological Religious rightwing, the hot button issues like abortion and focus on the PEOPLE rather than the corpratracracy.

Third parties are becoming much more attractive to the voters and that isn't good for either of the parties, but especially the GOP.

A "man of the people" is an interesting concept but politics is about money and campaigns not election results.


Yeah, Jeb Bush "man of the people"

edit on 11-9-2012 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer


We need to find a party that represents what America used to be about.

We need NOT charisma, or slick packaging.

We need leadership, and a true representative of the values that made America great, once.

Just wanted to share someone else's rant.


Shes right.

100%

S&F



posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
The party was stupid enough to cheat its way through the entire nomination process by propping up a man who was everything the country did not want.
The Republican party had a chance to turn their image around, but they failed.

Ingraham is right. They should shut down the party.

If you ask me- both parties should be shut down. They have turned this nation into a circus.



posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Shut down the party or call yourselves Democrats or whatever cause it sure the hell isn't Republican.

We have gotten McCain and Romney



posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer
 
It's comments like "what America used to be about" that are often red flags and/or code for something really creepy. Exactly what did America used to be about? For who? Because until really recently it wasn't really good for anyone except white males. And even then, through the ages, certain white males have also been discriminated against (by other white males... not being the right kind of white - Irish, religious battling, not owning property, slave ownership, etc.).

Again, a few lines later you rephrase this as "the values that made America great". Again, this sounds really dangerous. What values? It can't be hard work, because the "hard work gets the American dream" mantra has long been proven to be a complete farce. The top doesn't want anyone else up there. If anyone who frequents this site knows anything, it's that the system is designed to keep you down (and relatively uneducated).

I concur that we need a leader that sees in the long term. Sadly, it won't happen. The people of this era are far too rooted in short-attention-span. The solutions that we need will take far too long to both implement and succeed.

And please, there are no progressives in either party, by any worldly sense anyway.



new topics

top topics



 
21
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join