It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man possessed by ghost caught on CCTV at a convenient store

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 02:46 AM
link   
If you look at the very last seconds, you can clearly see how they are using a freeze frame, and then the hand nudges in an unnatural jolt and then back to slow.

This is fake, and is a composition of several clips, they probably used a form of low budget greenscreen to make the ghost in the end.

Several other things stands out:

- The position of the camera and the male... it's too convinient, seems scripted; dead center with a couple of by-standers for effect

- The quality of the camera. With all due respect, this looks like it was shot in a asian area or south american area, and even in the west, I have yet to see a convinient store use that high quality recording equipment in-store.
95% of the time we are talking low frame rate and far less then HD quality.
This camera reeks of having been introduced for the purpose of making this video.

- The items that fall are both placed at spots where you could actually make them jump out with small effort and not being seen.

- Also... who runs away in fear when someone else looks like they are having a seisure? Those two should be awarded a medal for inconsideration....

It call complete and utter BS on this.... if it's south american, I'm 100% sure it's BS. They seem to enjoy making vids that have us question wether there's more between earth and heaven....
edit on 12/9/12 by flice because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81

Originally posted by knowledgedesired
The video clock freezes for a few frames right before the items fly off the shelf..

FAKE!!!

Im open minded
so maybe it is fake . some people do like to waste time of others
but what if it is not fake ?

Can you not rule that out yet and i will not rule out that it might be fake

deal ?

Ben, that is not critical thinking. It's not how discussion works and it's not your intention and you know it.

How can you weigh verifiable reality against unverifiable fantasy? By what measure, other than the words of mortal men who wanted nothing more than to control you by fear of god?

On what basis?! What if's. And nothing more.

What if the sun never comes up again after tonight. Can you see the future? So lets make a deal, you agree to accept that the sun may never rise again, and I'll agree that this guy in the video may be possessed.

Deal?

(I hope not Ben, we both know the sun is coming up tomorrow morning...)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by LOLZebra

You fools. The demon obviously tampered with the footage.

That's not a microphone on the cctv, it's EVP's bleeding into the visual spectrum being redirected to the audio codecs on our computers.

/hailsatan

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Whateva69

I see nothing in that video at all, and after reading the description on youtube, it seems it's just something they did to record the girl playing with her imaginary friend.

I saw no drinks jump.

Can you point out where it's supposed to be?

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   
The timer on the camera stops just as the papertowerls are being 'thrown' on the floor. Smells like editing?

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by LOLZebra
Yeah as many people noticed, the camera stops....

Also do CCTV cameras now have microphones? I was not aware of that.

edit on 11-9-2012 by LOLZebra because: (no reason given)

It has been debunked on page 2, still sheep post their opinions on a fake movie.

Also title shiould be changed or at lesst exclamation mark added to the end of the title.

Denying ignorance... wow.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by strings0305
It is definitely fake. If you look at where the groceries fly off the shelf, you'll notice that the timer on the camera freezes for a few frames. It looks like they combined two shots from a stationary camera to get the effect and were unable (or thought that it added a nice creepy effect) to remove the reflection of the person who moved over to the shelf to flip the groceries.

I totally agree. Also the sound was super clear as well as the video. Usually CCTV is not that clear/good quality and doesn't ususally have sound.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by flice
- Also... who runs away in fear when someone else looks like they are having a seisure? Those two should be awarded a medal for inconsideration....

They have a vantage point, that we, the video viewers, do not!
They, can see his eyes!
Which tells me, based on their fear, either he's a better actor than many of you give him credit for?
Or, there is something more to this!

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by biggmoneyme
the thread is a perfect example of how most sceptics are not healthy sceptics, they just happen to be attached to the more popular side. Reflection in door with no one in sight, boxes flying off shelves. it almost looks like whatever in the door is coming out of him. the video could be fake though
edit on 11-9-2012 by biggmoneyme because: (no reason given)

Or the reflection is someone out of camera view taking a look at him, look at reflection position relative to the guys reflection when standing in front of the doors.

As for the items falling if its a hoax it could have been set up !
edit on 12-9-2012 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Looks to me like a guy having an unexpected seizure and trying to fight against the muscle spasms. The toilet roll at the end was knocked off by someone on the other side of the isle as they walked past. They can't be seen on camera but you can clearly see their reflection on the freezer door and can clearly seem them walking away.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Interesting, look at 1:05 in the video, look at the fridge (reflection).

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Epilepsy is not a "mental illness." People who suffer from this neurological condition are inevitably embarrassed by their seizures. No-one that I know would consent to having a video of themselves suffering a grand mal seizure posted on YouTube for strangers to gawk at. This video constitutes an invasion of privacy, and the entire discussion rude.

Edit to add: The person who loaded this video on to YouTube chiefly posts videos of violence. Car crashes, gun battles... and delusional rants originally posted by others. He seems to enjoy watching others suffer.

www.youtube.com...

Morbid and sadistic.
edit on 12-9-2012 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Good Actor!!

This is not possession at all.... couple guys having a laugh.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Fake

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Everyone who thought this was real should be banned from ATS... lol just kidding.... or am I?

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   
There are far too many ways for this to be explained, without jumping straight to possession.
A lot of people think it's funny to pull stuff like this, just to freak others out.
Seizure is one of the first things I'd consider.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

Oh sure, though it maybe just lighting at 0.48 to 0.49 it looks like the blue bottles move back a little.

love and harmony
Whateva

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by FidelityMusic
Ireply to post by detachedindividual

I find it funny when people call anything spiritual a fantasy. Then when someone calls their so-called "logical" explanation incorrect they are the closed minded ones? I hope you one day do experience something supernatural and you're called delusional or crazy by the "un-closed minded" community, because that's how open minded people go about things.
edit on 11-9-2012 by FidelityMusic because: (no reason given)

Ha!

I believe in the supernatural, I have witnessed things with my own eyes that determine my beliefs. As a teenager I regularly went on ghost hunts with friends, I've worked in haunted buildings and walked past people who were not there, I once saw a WW2 soldier at the top of a staircase and saw him vanish right before my eyes.

However, I am not deluded enough to see a YT video that can be explained in several different ways and immediately believe that it's evidence of something supernatural.

Here is the difference between you and I, you believe that something like this is supernatural in spite of all the possibilities of it being faked. I believe that EVIDENCE is important in making any conclusion. That is the difference.

I'm calling people who refuse to accept facts as closed minded, yes I am, because they ARE! There are CLEARLY several ways in which this could have been faked, and yet you're willing to immediately accept that it's a supernatural event? There is ZERO evidence other than the performance of the person in the video, and you immediately want to accept that it's real, ignoring common sense and fact.

That is being closed minded. I accept that there are things in this world we cannot understand. I believe in the paranormal, because of what I have experienced for myself. I do not just look at a video of a guy doing something like that and immediate scream that he's possessed when it could be publicity for something, could be a hoax, could have other explanations.

You can call me closed minded all you like, the fact of the matter is those who refuse logic in favor of what they want it to be are the closed minded ones.

Having an open mind means exploring all possibilities, not immediately accepting the most unlikely and implausible explanation at the cost of common sense and logic.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

i was thinking tourettes syndrome.
an extreme case of tourettes.
i am no doctor so mine is just a guess.

-subfab

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

You should start thinking about WHY that dude is so conveniently right in the center of the camera's view, it's like he knew exactly about the camera being there and where to act/pose best so the cameras catches it best.

Faker than fake.

Also: If one has a seizure or an accident, whatever...he would FALL in an entirely different way. He "falls" safely to the ground like an acting/playing kid pretending to be shot while playing...eg. going down gently so he doesn't hurt himself. This is so fake it hurts watching, that guy needs acting lessons as well because he is not even remotely convincing.
edit on 12-9-2012 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join