It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man possessed by ghost caught on CCTV at a convenient store

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
He's not even half as possessed as this guy.....

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
This may have been stated, but at the end just before the tp flies off the shelf, the video pauses for longer than a second. You can see this by watching the counter in the upper right hand corner. I'd love some paranormal proof, but I don't think it's here.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

The portion in the video when the 'possessed' points at the woman that is coming to help him, makes me think this is fake. And I feel like the image in the glass, and the paper towels falling of the shelf, were thrown in to try and give this some credibility.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I totally understand the video and audio being set up on the drink aisle. It's prob where most of their theft (that they know of) happens. Is it real? Prob not, but that's only a feeling, because of it being 'too good.' That being said, why was the reflection the only way to see it? Who knows how inter dimensional beings work? Toilet paper knocked down? MAYBE this 'thing' was mad it failed at what it was trying to do, or maybe it's just evil, and doesn't care what happens to the paper products. Decent act the guy put on, if it was an act. Why was this thing there? If you believe in whatever these things are, then don't you also usually believe they can be, or ARE everywhere? this COULD have just been a random attack, many of which, in other cases, MIGHT might have been misdiagnosed as epilepsy? If its fake, then the store owner must have been in on it too (or whoever had the access to the video equipment, assuming it is part of the store's surveillance set up.)

That last sentence of mine made up my mind. There was something that felt wrong about the video to me, and I think that something is the angle, or position of the camera. I've seen a LOT of 'caught on video' shows, but the angle and positioning of THIS one just doesn't seem to match anything from my memory banks... (but that might not be saying much.) I'd say some filmographers put a camcorder in place, and that would explain the excellent audio quality.

My conclusion: fake, but I'm not 100% positive. That's what makes it fun. Just waiting for this freaky vid to load raised my anxiety level a tad bit.
edit on 9/13/2012 by japhrimu because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Wow, that was a creepy video, very entertaining. If I may, I'll have to call this little piece a staged performance. I saw some post on here somewhere someone hammering another guy for stating his degrees or diplomas, so I hate to admit that I believe my 23 years in LE forensics, and having been called upon as expert witness, should account for something... but then again you don't know me from Adam's house cat, so I'll just throw in my two cents.
It's a little surprising how many here go back and forth making something so simple so deep and complex. I'm new here so I'm learning.
That poster strings guy pretty much nailed it on the head.
Without having access to the raw file, the first thing I noticed was what a high quality image was coming from a cctv camera that in reality would be mounted in a corner with a greater field of view, looping images to a remote dvr, although many places still use vcr, recording everyday for years.
Clear picture, unsurpassed image quality, that in itself would have made my job easier in the day. Then the acting, oh boy. I've seen many a seizure, mental episodes, drug induced acts, and fakers...and a faker wont hurt himself if he is making it look like he's not in control of himself. This young man flailed about and moved in such a way to not hit any part of his body, knew where the door handle was while he was jerking around, looking toward the camera. I'm sure the witness was not a paid extra.
A person not in control will hurt themselves on the surrounding environment, breaking glass, falling over furniture, etc... all the while they would be on the floor, if not.. when they do fall, they will usually suffer a head injury because they don't know they are falling. This guys even falls like an actor.
Finally, editing video to achieve this only requires video editing software where the two or three separate shots are combined together using simple masks to cover one part of the scene and not show the other.
In other words, shoot a black/white sequence of just the empty store, shoot a sequence of the jerking actor and female extra, shoot another sequence of 'something' in the aisle in front of the glass door moving away, and another guy knocking over crap on the shelf. Stitch the scenes together, hopefully not overlooking any overlap in your screen counter, and there you have a chilling fun video to show your friends.

Knowing what I've learned and have seen over the years kinda takes the fun and mystery out of it, but it's still entertainment and I'll keep my eyes peeled for the next 'could it be the real deal' capture.
I've got a few creepy ones from my infrared home surveillance videos I should post some day.

Sorry so long, cheers!
edit on 13-9-2012 by Lonewulph because: CRS

edit on 13-9-2012 by Lonewulph because: same

edit on 13-9-2012 by Lonewulph because: crap

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Any of you watched "School Spirits" and "Paranormal Witness" ?
i had to watch and listen to hundreds of witness and different other shows
to find a patern in all of these unexplained things that happen to people all over the world
took me yrs to arrive at certain conclusions making my own thoughs

The big answer is .. the spirit world do exist

it would be unwise to underestimate other possible dimensions
you just need to keep a balance in your life and all will be good
Im a pure Libra so its my job to keep the balance lol
and warn other people about it in the appropriate way

Debating the validity of this video is NOT important
all people that say 100% fake just dont understand
your choice to think inside the bubble or outside
edit on 9/13/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

That's okay son, I thoroughly believe in possession, but then one day you get older and all kinds of lights come on upstairs... and you realize, okay... I get it. That's sh#@! .....and that's Shinola!
(old expression)

Forgot to thank you for sharing it with us

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Looks like he was acting to me but hey what do I know
I was amused to see video was 1.11 mins long...damn I keep seeing this sequence of numbers all the time!!

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Drala

This is Reality..." Drala / half here half there"

Your Soul Can Only Be Set Free...By The Power of JESUS CHRIST!

Don't Go Into Eternity With All Evil...Shalom~

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ResearchEverything777

Great videos. Thanks ! I needed a good laugh this morning. Ive seen better acting on soap operas.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ResearchEverything777
reply to post by Drala

Priest - "HOW MANY GENERATIONS!"
Lady - "15!"
Priest - "16, huh"
Lady (thinking to herself) - "Damn, didn't he read the script?"

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual

Originally posted by FidelityMusic
Ireply to post by detachedindividual

I find it funny when people call anything spiritual a fantasy. Then when someone calls their so-called "logical" explanation incorrect they are the closed minded ones? I hope you one day do experience something supernatural and you're called delusional or crazy by the "un-closed minded" community, because that's how open minded people go about things.
edit on 11-9-2012 by FidelityMusic because: (no reason given)

Ha!

I believe in the supernatural, I have witnessed things with my own eyes that determine my beliefs. As a teenager I regularly went on ghost hunts with friends, I've worked in haunted buildings and walked past people who were not there, I once saw a WW2 soldier at the top of a staircase and saw him vanish right before my eyes.

However, I am not deluded enough to see a YT video that can be explained in several different ways and immediately believe that it's evidence of something supernatural.

Here is the difference between you and I, you believe that something like this is supernatural in spite of all the possibilities of it being faked. I believe that EVIDENCE is important in making any conclusion. That is the difference.

I'm calling people who refuse to accept facts as closed minded, yes I am, because they ARE! There are CLEARLY several ways in which this could have been faked, and yet you're willing to immediately accept that it's a supernatural event? There is ZERO evidence other than the performance of the person in the video, and you immediately want to accept that it's real, ignoring common sense and fact.

That is being closed minded. I accept that there are things in this world we cannot understand. I believe in the paranormal, because of what I have experienced for myself. I do not just look at a video of a guy doing something like that and immediate scream that he's possessed when it could be publicity for something, could be a hoax, could have other explanations.

You can call me closed minded all you like, the fact of the matter is those who refuse logic in favor of what they want it to be are the closed minded ones.

Having an open mind means exploring all possibilities, not immediately accepting the most unlikely and implausible explanation at the cost of common sense and logic.

Wow, it's amazing how you took a whole post and altered everything I said, while making it sound convincing too. There isn't a reason to dispute anything with you, you had the post going good until you said that I BELIEVE THE VIDEO WAS REAL, and that I CALLED YOU CLOSED MINDED, don't know where you got those assumptions from.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Wait a minute, toiletpaper falling off of the shelf for no reason. WTF is going on here. I thought in the beginning of the vid that this may be a crack, meth induced, but seeing the vid, i wonder WTF is going on here.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by cloaked4u
Wait a minute, toiletpaper falling off of the shelf for no reason. WTF is going on here. I thought in the beginning of the vid that this may be a crack, meth induced, but seeing the vid, i wonder WTF is going on here.

I think the old lady threw a shoe at him and it hit the toilet paper.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBlood

OH, and i suppose the shoe hit 2 or 3 shelves down also, right? NOT.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Lonewulph

HEY, I'm old too. AND you know what, i had things happen to me i and OTHERS cannot exsplain.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
you people who put all these stupid videos and all the hype, it never happened to you so that is why you think the way you do, because it never happened to you. OK. You are not a believer, because it NEVER happened to YOU.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
It is NOT that it was not a good post, but why does it always end when i say somtin? Lets not let it go.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by AngryAlien

Originally posted by ResearchEverything777
reply to post by Drala

Priest - "HOW MANY GENERATIONS!"
Lady - "15!"
Priest - "16, huh"
Lady (thinking to herself) - "Damn, didn't he read the script?"

People fear what they don't understand...You can pretend all you want...It won't change Reality...

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by strings0305

BOOM. Nailed it. Seems to me like the cheapest, most reasonable way to go about creating a hoax like this. Not everyone has basic CGI skills, but a simple cut and edit like this...more likely, I believe. Thank you for pointing that out.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join