It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something the media won't show

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   
I respect everyone opinion here and thanking you for taking your time analyzing the situation.

Great image i've found yesterday :

edit on 12-9-2012 by mekhanics because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   
What if they were afraid to admit they knew what 9/11 in fear of being taken to Guantanamo?

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
How can anyone say with a straight face that this is not propaganda?

It is clearly propaganda. Why else would it exist?

Does it show a majority? No

Does it show definitive proof of anything? No

Does it reflect the views of the majority? Probably not...

I call propaganda....

~Scythe

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I don't believe this is a hidden message or anything, but, look at the guy's left hand holding something. The white in front of it looks like the barrel of a gun----like he's holding or shooting a gun while saluting. Probably just an optical illusion. I wish America wasn't the war-mongers it has turned into today. All these wars and attacks and assasinations, and for what?

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by MDDoxs
If you go beyond all the religious, racial and political differances we are all human at the end of the day.

We all have the capacity to respect one another. We can never assume how the media potrays certain peoples is a blanket that applies to all and this photo is evidence of that.

Very nice.

Unless this is some kind of propaganda..I sincerely hope its not.
edit on 11-9-2012 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

Tell that to the radical Islamists that stormed our Embassy in Cairo, tearing up our flag and replacing it with a black one. Better yet, tell that to Chris Stevens' family.

No, we don't all have the capacity to respect each other and to think otherwise in my opinion is to be naive. I'm not trying to attack you but let's be real - some "people" are animals. Haters. Violent.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I waited to long to post on this thread, but I'll say it anyway....
There is respect from all races to all races of the world. It's the heart inside that matters.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

to think that came from pbs

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by mekhanics
A picture is worth a thousand words and i'm lost for words to describe the image. All i can say is RESPECT.

Some might say it maybe propaganda but i doubt that! See below :

What Does 9/11 Mean to People in Afghanistan?

Proof that humanity will prevail. Thank you for this moment of inspiration.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I just cannot believe after 10 years there are people in that country who are still so isolated they have no idea of the world around them, I think its disgraceful! We won't help these people by building wells and giving them food. We should be giving them a computer and wireless internet so they can Youtube what ever it is they need to know and do it themselves.

How in the world will they ever understand what it is we are trying to do for them if they don't see the benefit's? If they truly are that sheltered, they probably think its all fairy tales and magic ffs.

We shouldn't be trying to win their hearts, we should be opening their minds and then sit back and let nature take its course

edit on 12-9-2012 by Bys0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Well said, if only we can see more of this.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
A few afghans feel bad, so what.. ? Crocodile tears....

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by MDDoxs
If you go beyond all the religious, racial and political differances we are all human at the end of the day.

We all have the capacity to respect one another. We can never assume how the media potrays certain peoples is a blanket that applies to all and this photo is evidence of that.

Very nice.

Unless this is some kind of propaganda..I sincerely hope its not.
edit on 11-9-2012 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

Yes, very nice, but let's get back to reality. There is a WAR going on in the WORLD with Muslim FANATICS and the REST of the World. They are attempting to establish MUSLIM SHARIA LAWS in every society around the globe. They are in some instances FORCING THEIR RELIGION on EVERYONE ELSE at the POINT OF A GUN or WMD.

I am fine if MUSLIMS want to live in their own part of the world, the middle east, but to be FORCING THEIR RELIGION off on everyone else is just WRONG. Despite what is shown or posted about their showing RESPECT for our LOSSES, my question is still this ......

WHY DO THEY NOT DO AWAY WITH the 7% of their RELIGION who are FANATICS and CONTROL THEM,
instead of letting them CONTROL the other 93% ?

THEY MURDER THEIR OWN INNOCENT PEOPLE ? WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS PICTURE ????

How many MUSLIMS in AMERICA have been taken down for financially supporting the 7 % FANATICS ???

At least (2) Local Area Doctors where I live since 9-11-2001 have been TAKEN DOWN by the FBI here for financially supporting TERRORISM from the 7% FANATICS.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS PICTURE ???? There is more of this going on than just here where I live.

MUSLIMS CANNOT BE TRUSTED !

I AM not a Muslim hater, on the contrary, I just want them to LEAVE American Soil and go back where they came from taking their FANATICS with them and forcing them to deal with them once and for all.

edit on 9/12/2012 by Labrynth2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I try not to engage in these types of debates because it saddens me to no end the depth of primitiveness that exists today. 21st Century, Uh huh. Wow, as a child I could recognize that doing harm is wrong. I also knew it was not nice to steal G.I. Joes from your friends or Garbage Pale kids cards from others in elementry school. Not because I got caught but because I felt bad for the person who lost said items.

I feel even disucssing the "respect" this old man is showing to a fallen soldier is counter-productive and in fact only contributes to the "justification" of stealing G.I. Joe's from your neighbor on the other side of the planet. Only think bigger, children and loved ones. How about way of life? I know it's hard to imagine but they are not as backwards as you think and they certainly wouldn't be as behind as the West if the West wasn't constantly bombarding them from long before I was born....and not because they hate our freedoms as the media would like you to think.

I saw pictures today of my US ambassador being drug (carried) down the street, clearly not alive. My heart sunk and for a moment I was enraged, probably not as enraged as the people who did this. Trust me, to do these horrindeous things, rage is a must. Certainly not as enraged as his family is tonight. But violence begets violence and it needs to end sometime or we will forever be in constant war and stripped of our freedoms. Do you want that? Anyone wonder why the Lybians did what they did? Maybe because they didn't want us seating a puppet Emir to do our bidding so we can plunder their G.I.Joes ad infintum....just saying.

And maybe the Afgahns would rather us not plunder their resources either and cultivate poppi's for herion distribution.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by mekhanics

Thank you for sharing that, OP. I think it's crucial we do recall that the day before 9/11, Afghanistan was at war. A war we had absolutely nothing to do with at that point in time. These look like old men. Perhaps wise men...that part is impossible to tell. However, given the salute to the memorial of a fallen American, I'm going to make a wild guess that these old weathered faces were among the United Islamic Front or what most simply knew as the Northern Alliance. Our allies...and our friends. Not ALL of Afghanistan was or is Taliban sympathizers. Some are men of Honor and decency. It's just a land of true extremes...and the bad is extremely evil.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrInquisitive
I don't know the context of the top image. I don't even know for sure if it was taken in Afghanistan. On the face of it, it does, however, look like an old guy -- possibly a former soldier, because of the salute he appears to be giving -- giving a moment of respect to a memorial for a dead soldier -- likely an American, but who knows, if it could be a NATO soldier, and who knows if the old guy realizes it is an American? It might just be a soldier to him.

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
These look like old men. Perhaps wise men...that part is impossible to tell. However, given the salute to the memorial of a fallen American, I'm going to make a wild guess that these old weathered faces were among the United Islamic Front or what most simply knew as the Northern Alliance. Our allies...and our friends. Not ALL of Afghanistan was or is Taliban sympathizers. Some are men of Honor and decency. It's just a land of true extremes...and the bad is extremely evil.

All your questions are answered within this thread!

edit on 2012.9.13 by TravisBickle451 because: (no reason given)

edit on 2012.9.13 by TravisBickle451 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by TravisBickle451

Well, occasionally, on things like this, I do make a reply to the OP, especially on events that reference things I distinctly recall contemporary reports on, from watching the reports back when it happened or books extensively since. A little of both in this case.

I don't always read through an entire thread on the first reply, depending on the topic because an OP sometimes makes a good enough point or post to reply to directly before going down further too. Given that our Allies in the Northern Alliance lost their beloved leader (or a real MAJOR one of them) a couple days before 9/11 from suicide bombers disguised as a news crew, it's always been a little of a dual anniversary.

They preemptively killed who likely would have been in place instead of Karzai and running a radically different Afghanistan..so I'm a little more generous on some in that country around this time... Oh how different things could have been....and the whole Taliban mess would be Pakistan's problem starting long ago.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by mekhanics
What Does 9/11 Mean to People in Afghanistan?

So you can imagine can't you - they don't know anything about 911, they don't know anything about terrorism...

So how can they possibly understand why a foreign army is there marching through their streets with guns and tanks?

How would you feel?

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 04:46 AM
link   
That picture is brilliant. It just goes to show the real humans on this planet are a lot more compassionate than the governments want us to believe. Instead they pollute our minds with bad news.

I bet The Sun wouldn't put this up - they're the worst for censorship.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I was a combat medic in the Army from 1984 to 2003.

When I first enlisted we were still fighting the cold war against the USSR, and while we weren't trained to hate them, they were clearly portrayed as the bad guys.

Then in 2004 I went to Russia for 12 days.

My driver was also an Army vet and was even from the same type of unit I was served in (field artillery). I took him and my interpretor out to dinner one night and the talk turned to the cold war. Interestingly, they were trained to hate us in the 70's and 80's, but by the 90's the official position had changed and we weren't the bad guys anymore.

I spent almost 2 full weeks with this guy and aside from cultural/language differences he could have been any average Joe on the streets of America.

As Harry Chapin said, "When you get that close it's kind of hard to hate".

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by AGWskeptic

That was a very nice story. Thank you for sharing.

I hope to have similar experiences in my life time. Maybe not the war, but to have my preconceptions of certain peoples, cultures or issues challenged and enlightened.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join