It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Definition on God

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

Where the heck are you getting these ideas from? Your own individual impression obtained by some sort of encounter or experience? What makes you think that's the absolute truth, and not just the way you observed it?
edit on 12-9-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

- giving Source human characteristics.

Nope.
"Source" is not finite but it is inaccessible.
What you are doing is an exercise in futility, and not God.
By not quantifying and defining God, you go right past Him, missing Him, in search for a primordial "something" that God, and the bulk of humanity have relegated to things we can do nothing about.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Where the heck are you getting these ideas from? Your own individual impression obtained by some sort of encounter or experience? What makes you think that's the absolute truth, and not just the way you observed it?

It's what I think.
Lately I have taken the approach to how I write my posts regarding God, to say what I actually think, rather than what I might write if I was trying to be "correct" according to some hypothetical objective standard.
But part of my thinking is influenced by many personal encounters with the divine.
If not for those, I would not have a lot of motivation to be posting on the forum in the first place.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by jiggerj

God is someone that looks and thinks like us.

God would not think like us because

Don't forget, God created us in his image and ***Likeness***.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Don't forget, God created us in his image and ***Likeness***.

You are probably thinking of Genesis 1:26, where the word normally translated as likeness is a very odd Hebrew word that only exists in that one incident, and is very unlike whatever could be the nearest sort of word to it. The point being, there isn't any reliable way to determine what the original intent of the writer was when he chose to use that word.
By the context, it would seem to be in reference to the ability that man has in common with God to rule over things.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join