It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox Omits The Facts To Politicize 9-11 Moment Of Silence

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Fox ignored history and President Obama's own words to attack the president for not including the word God in a proclamation commemorating the anniversary of the September 11 terrorist attacks. Fox & Friends co-host Gretchen Carlson claimed that Obama has "called for a moment of silence, but has not called for the word God. So some people are asking, why is God being left out again?" Later, her colleague Steve Doocy said: "On this most somber of days, get this. Does the President of the United States call on people to pray for those lives lost? No."

Link

Pretty typical mass media madness here... but what follows takes the cake.

Fox was referring to a presidential proclamation declaring September 11, 2012, to be Patriots Day. But the reality is that President Obama followed the example of President George W. Bush who did not include the word God in his 2006, 2007, and 2008 Patriot Day proclamations.

Furthermore, Obama called on "God's grace" and asked people to pray for the lives lost in a separate official proclamation declaring the days between September 7 and September 9 as national days of prayer and remembrance in commemoration of the September 11 terrorist attacks

As the article accurately concludes, it's the perfect example of the "culture-war" the media is fueling.

What has always been the question left in my mind though, is whether or not this "culture-war" is a part of some political agenda, or if it's just the sad state to which entertainment-for-profit TV has evolved.

edit on 11/9/1212 by Monts because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
So now we need a government proclamation to pray for 9/11 victims?

Is Fox mad because Obama didn't FORCE people to pray to God? If Obama did include the word God, then would they argue over which "god" he meant?

This is one of the examples that can be used to show how Fox is different from all other "news organizations".

They're stupid!

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Their base is largely people of 'faith' so that is what they play to in order to get ratings.
Much like MSNBC continues to shill the 'man made global warming' BS ... their base
(what little there is of it) is full of the far left who buy into it.

It's a matter of keeping viewership ... they all do it. Pretty sucky.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
where was god when the attack happened?
if you were a muslim extremist,god was certainly there!
where was god during the sikh temple shootings?
where was god during the holocaust?
perhaps some christians may claim that the wrong god was being prayed to!
in that case,where was god during the inquisition?
leave god out of the atrocities that man does to mankind!
oh sorry,my bad.
man does it in the name of god for justification.
thats not the god i believe in.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Monts

Honestly, I couldnt care less. I am getting sick of the continued whining about that day 11 years ago, time to move on and who cares if he includes the word god in his talk or not.
Also, whats the point in praying for the lost lives?, Theyre dead, prayers will do them no good

top topics

join