It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Washington Post - Obama Skipped At Least Half of His Security Briefings

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by thepresident
Executives are not there to master policy, they are there to Coordinate an execute the policy.

This 'executive' is the President of the United States and the Commander In Chief of the Armed Forces. He sure in all hell had better understand EVERYTHING that is happening with National Security. It's his JOB. He took an oath to defend this country against all enemies both foreign and domestic. That takes KNOWLEDGE which comes from attending security meetings and briefings. Without knowledge .. he can't coordinate or execute .. or even know what the hell he's talking about or doing.

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
So what? He read them all.

Says YOU.

And he is the most informed man on the planet.

Again .. Says YOU. You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.
He can't be informed unless he actually attends a meeting with the people who are
supposed to be informing him.

What is your point?

I made my point very clearly. Read the thread.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by thepresident
As it turns out, it got done and he executed the entire plan

No ... Seal Team Six and the military executed the entire plan.
As has been shown previously on other threads ... Obama dragged
his feet. He had his back up against a wall and was pushed to act
by those around him.

Originally posted by jimmyx
let's see...bush went to every meeting...he didn't get osama, and he didn't prevent 9/11
obama went to a little under half the meetings, and he got osama, and helped the rebels take out kadayfi

Lets see ... Obama goes to 1/3 of the meetings, he drags his feet until those around him force him to 'give the go' to take out UBL, and we had no business going into Libya.

seems like obama doesn't need to go to every meeting to handle whats going on in the world

:shk: You come to that 'brilliant conclusion' based on UBL being dead? You do realize that there are a lot more security issues going on in the world that the POTUS .. Commander in Chief of the US Armed Forces .. needs to be 'up' on other than where UBL is ... right?

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

You do realize that there are a lot more security issues going on in the world that the POTUS .. Commander in Chief of the US Armed Forces .. needs to be 'up' on other than where UBL is ... right?

We haven't had any terrorist attacks.....have we?

Politics aside, I would say that means he is doing his job and is getting the intelligence he needs to keep up the perception that America is safe.

Either he is doing his job.....or the threats to America are unfounded and false.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
We haven't had any terrorist attacks.....have we?

And you think that's because of anything HE has done? He's done nothing.
He doesn't even know what is going on in regards to National Security.
He can't know .. he doesn't go to the meetings even though his schedule is clear.

Either he is doing his job.....or the threats to America are unfounded and false.

Or ... choice 3 ... other people are stepping up and doing the job that he should be doing.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
He can't be informed unless he actually attends a meeting with the people who are
supposed to be informing him.

So, you're point is that he wasn't informed... Can you prove this? Because all the evidence says otherwise.

Bringing up how many days a president played golf or how many meetings he chose not to attend has to have an underlying assumption. Yours seems to be that he didn't attend these briefings, therefore, he wasn't informed. Show me that he wasn't informed and I'll relent. Otherwise, you're just stating a fact: He didn't attend the meetings. Draw your own assumptions. Oh, I see you already have.

Says YOU.

No, says YOUR SOURCE. Or are you just picking and choosing what to believe from your own source?
edit on 9/11/2012 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I think that is fairly apparent.

Our country is all messed up as it is like a ship adrift on the ocean waters without anyone at the helm.

I am sure Russia/China and the rest of the US haters must be talking amongst themselves....saying...

"There isn't a better time than right now to stirke the USA... Obama could get kicked out and the US will rise again militarily... We must attack now!!!"

and I just saw this piece:
Chinese Developing First-Strike Capability on US
www.newsmax.com...
edit on 9/11/2012 by anon72 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrSpad
I have no idea why Bush would have them everyday unless he just had lots of questions or prefered chatting.

Really? You have no idea why a POTUS would have to have a security meeting each day? With the world situation the way it is .. and how fluid the situation is between Iran and Israel ... and the terrorist threat not only to us but around the world ... etc etc .... you really don't get why a POTUS, The Commander in Chief of the United States Armed Forces .. who has his finger sitting on a nuclear trigger ... would have to have a lot of security briefings? You really don't see why?

No I do not. He gets the morining read book. If he has a question he can pick up the phone or call a meeting. Anything of vital import would be brought to him righ then by the NSC people. I think perhaps you think this meeting is the only time these things are brought up. That could not be farther from the truth. The meetings would typical day to day stuff that the President would not be involved with unless he had a specifc request or action to be carried out or had questions from something he read earlier. Although in many of those cases a specific meeting could be called. A also see in the article that they do not have a record of past Presidents attending them but, somebody is pretty sure Bush went to them all. I would bet not. He would have no need to. He has advisors and people keeping him in the loop all day.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   

And you think that's because of anything HE has done? He's done nothing.

That's easy to say when there hasn't been an attack on the US.

He doesn't even know what is going on in regards to National Security. He can't know .. he doesn't go to the meetings even though his schedule is clear.

He may not go to all the meetings, but the link in your OP even states that he still gets daily information. Therefore your argument is bunk.

other people are stepping up and doing the job that he should be doing.

Your just pulling crap out of your backside. Even with your article, we have no reason to believe such a thing and you are having to stretch this out so thin that it no longer makes sense.

This has gone from a nice political discussion to political trolling real fast!

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Ding his pay for missing all those meetings. I hate meetings as much as the next guy, but this is his job.

Just because he is POTUS doesn't give him the right to blow off these briefings. Even if he read all his briefings, where is the INPUT? So much for "Change" and "Forward" when it comes to Homeland Security.

My thoughts are with all that lost loved ones on 9/11/2001.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Obama is too wise and experienced to need the advice of those who have the current information. Obama has “the insight” which is more important than the facts. Plus, he has all that experience in foreign affairs that he brought into office from the streets of Chicago.

Advisors? He don’ tneed no stinkin’advisors.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
His focus has been on expanding the welfare state, paying off his cronies in labor and the financial sector, poisoning the gulf so he could ruin make 85 mil off the disaster in 10 years, and destroy what's left of our oil industry. He probably hoped it would be enough a disaster to completely nationalize the oil industry.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

Your just pulling crap out of your backside. Even with your article, we have no reason to believe such a thing and you are having to stretch this out so thin that it no longer makes sense.

No actually Edward Klein who wrote, "The Amateur" explains in his book that obozo would sit around in some office(not the Oval Office) in his sweats and hang around, and also said he refused to meet with advisors, and the only people he listens to are Valerie Jarrett and David Axelrod. And they are both communists with family history of communist connections.

You just don't want to hear the truth.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Too bad he's most likely to have another term. He is most imcompentent. And his record speaks for him. It is unfortunate that people can't see him for what he is instead of what they want.
edit on 11-9-2012 by Gridrebel because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Obama is not even american is the thing that kills me they wonted the first African american to get in office and he started what bush didn't finish. it piss me off that they let the prison system vote when they have no rights

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   

This 'executive' is the President of the United States and the Commander In Chief of the Armed Forces. He sure in all hell had better understand EVERYTHING that is happening with National Security. It's his JOB. He took an oath to defend this country against all enemies both foreign and domestic.

Yes, this is what happens when we elect snobby Harvard lawyers with Marxist upbringing instead of Commanders of the army which is what our first President Washington was.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

If he has a question? How can he have any questions if he doesn't read the briefings? Geez some people just don't get that he doesn't care about what other people know, he just wants the agenda spoon fed him by his commie handlers. I swear even a video of him on the campaign trails shows him turning around and asking some guy behind him what to say.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by talklikeapirat
The Bush White House Was Deaf to 9/11 - The New York Times
vs
Washington Post - Obama Skipped At Least Half of His Security Briefings
=
Dumbing down reality

If only everything was that simple. Maybe it is.
Read your own article. HE WENT TO THE BRIEFINGS. His own people failed. I'd rather say my people failed than me....wouldn't you? Obama can't even say that! He won't admit failure even though the stats prove it.
edit on 11-9-2012 by Gridrebel because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
I swear even a video of him on the campaign trails shows him turning around and asking some guy behind him what to say.
We need a guy who has a Powerful Command of his own Vocabulary.

Like this guy, kept me in Stitches for 8 years.

edit on 11-9-2012 by Tw0Sides because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

Yes, this is what happens when we elect snobby Harvard lawyers with Marxist upbringing instead of Commanders of the army which is what our first President Washington was.

I agree. Bush went to Yale and look what it got us.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join