It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hidden Chambers at 12,000 year old megalithic site of Padang

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
The whole design and layout of the site is just excellent! Cool pyramid as well. With such well thought out design, it would mean they were well into some sort of structured system as far as building goes. Amazing they still find stuff like this.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Kantzveldt

Kantzveldt, The New SLAYER69.

Nice thread. I figure, given the pyramidal structures worldwide, that the Atlantean and Lumerian civilizations encompassed the globe and not just an island.

There has to be a connection. I refuse to believe all these different cultures, who supposedly had no contact, all came to the same idea of building pyramidal structures. There's a connection. There has to be.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightAssassin

Kantzveldt, The New SLAYER69.

Nice thread. I figure, given the pyramidal structures worldwide, that the Atlantean and Lumerian civilizations encompassed the globe and not just an island.

There has to be a connection. I refuse to believe all these different cultures, who supposedly had no contact, all came to the same idea of building pyramidal structures. There's a connection. There has to be.

i'm of the belief that the entire world was all one land mass at one point in time (due to deep satilite imagery of the ocean floors which shows the deep gouges and the direction of these goughes) and the oceans weren't as they are now,

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   
I have the sinking feeling that the story of Atlantis is older than we think. what if the story of the island of Atlantis is actualy the story of Pangea . I mean their are pyramids all over the world just a thought.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   

There's no amount of "badassery" that can describe this...kick ass job OP

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Wow cool a thread pertaining to my culture. I have always wondered where my people came from but to no avail all the information that was given were theoretical.. If you guys have any questions regarding my people you can ask me ^^

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Awesome find! Thanks for sharing yet another fascinating, mysterious megalithic site.

How many is that now? There must be hundreds!
edit on 12/9/2012 by Kluute because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Shadow Herder

Yes that's the Sundaland shelf, Oppenheimer proposes that when this began to submerge it provided the impetus for seaborne migrations to the South Americas and the Indian sub-continet, these thus having a common cultural basis and origin for mutual flood myths, this has naturally required a relatively advanced culture to have pre-dated the submerging...which appears now to be evidenced, the Indonesians having put together the best of their scientists on this.

.For your information, this integrated team are filled by well-known scientists such as Dr. Danny Hilman Natawidjadja (Geotek LIPI), Dr. Danny Hilman Natawidjadja (Geotek LIPI), Dr. Andang Bachtiar (Geolog dan Dewan Penasehat IAGI), Dr (Phil) Lily Tjahjandary (Mgr.Penelitian & Pengabdian Masyarakat Universitas Indonesia), Dr. Andang Bachtiar (Geologists and IAGI Advisory Board), Dr. (Phil) Lily Tjahjandary (Mgr.Penelitian & Community Services, University of Indonesia), Dr. Ali Akbar (Ketua Masyarakat Arkeologi Indonesia), Dr. Ali Akbar (Chairman of the Archaeological Society of Indonesia), Dr. Wahyu Triyoso (Seismology ITB), Dr. Revelation Triyoso (seismology ITB), Dr. Undang A. Invite A. Darsa, M.Hum. Darsa, M. Hum. (Filolog), Dr. (Philologist), Dr. Pon Purajatnika (Ketua Ikatan Arsitek Indonesia (IAI) Jawa Barat), Dr. Pon Purajatnika (Chairman of the Indonesian Architects Association (IAI) West Java), Dr. Andri Hernandi, (Ahli Petrografi), Hokky Situngkir (Ilmuwan Kompleksitas dari Bandung Fe Institute), DR Boedianto Ontowirjo (BPPT), Ir wisnu artika, Ir Juniardi dan para peneliti lainya. Andri Hernandi, (Expert petrograpbic), Hokky Situngkir (Scientist complexity of Bandung Fe Institute), DR Boedianto Ontowirjo (BPPT), Vishnu Artika Ir, Ir Juniardi and other researchers. (GK/ONG) (RM / ONG)

Thanks everyone for the interest and replies, much appreciated.

edit on 12-9-2012 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-9-2012 by Kantzveldt because: Add image

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Very nice thread here and thank you for posting it.
The msm seems to want you to believe this is only a stairway on a hill , but we know better I think.....

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   

I think it's time we have Dr. Ballard and the Alvin to go search the shallow sea floors around the sunda shelf in between the islands. If you think about it. The cities would have been in the valleys between the mountains which are now the islands of borneo, java and sumatra et al. If it's feasible people should start looking there too.

Wonder what sort of stuff could be discovered civilization wise down there. What are your thoughts on this?

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
This is it! An actual remnant of Atlantis! How awesome. It fits the time period and the region according to the late Professor Arysio Nunes dos Santos.

See Atlantis - The Lost Continent Finally Found

I wonder what secrets may be hidden deep inside. I hope anything huge isn't covered up by TPTB.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by BASSPLYR

True of course that the earliest settlements would have been on the coast and thus submerged, i can't see them looking at this anytime soon as they seem to have limited funding, and the features on top of Mounts provide the best opportunity for any research.

By the end of August they had finished all the drilling and surveying and now want to excavate.

What will Exploring Gunung Padang Cost the Nation?

reply to post by SonsOfTheMeek

What about poor old Lemuria...?

reply to post by bluemooone2

The top photo is of a different hill/claimed pyramid, but it's interesting regarding the stairway up Gunung Padang that the blocks are of Andesite, as are the blocks involving the presumed cavities which have been core sampled as Andesite.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kantzveldt

Well Prof. Nunes dos Santos called it the Lemurian Atlantis, as opposed to to Indian Atlantis he claimed was at the Indus Delta.
The True History of Atlantis

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
This site reminds me of another site called I think Nan Madol located in Micronesia. I think that it's the use of basalt that is similar. Although it seems that Nan Madol is not as old.

Nan Madol Images

Nan Madol Wiki Page

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I appreciate your work and insight. I look forward to researching more about it and learning of its importance. Thank you OP!

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonsOfTheMeek

Well Prof. Nunes dos Santos called it the Lemurian Atlantis, as opposed to to Indian Atlantis he claimed was at the Indus Delta.
The True History of Atlantis

I read all of the information on that webpage.

That professor has an agenda and it is not in attempting to find out where Atlantis is or to share with the world any actual facts regarding ancient Lemuria/Atlantis.

His agenda is to attempt to concoct a brand-new fairytale that will earn him money; just like all of the other copycats.

SonsoftheMeek, I strongly urge you to continue in your personal research and to disregard everything the Professor mentions on that webpage or in his book with the exception of one thing - the only thing which he could make a valid statement concerning; and yet readily admits that National Geographic got there well before he did - and that is the shape of the continent before the flood. The map that he shows on that webpage is from 1988 from National Geographic. His own map comes later. So of course they would match up because it suits him to make a parallel between him and National Geographic in an attempt to garner more support.

There are a few other decent opinions that this Professor claims; but the only way to sell a good lie is to include some semblance of truth and common sense. But "a little leaven leaveneth the entire loaf."

Of course, that is the game of science these days, correct? You want to do valid research, but people are bored and lazy. So you have to make up a fantastical story that will either get people emotionally charged or emotionally raged; so he will get attention one way or another; and through this attention he will successfully sell his books; which will no doubt be full of the same exact garbage - except people will pay for it.

Disregard Nunes Dos Santos.

That being said...

OP, I enjoy your thread. Very interesting.

I do believe the world, before the flood, was filled. There was a large and great civilization. There were many pyramid and pyramid-like structures built. There was leveling off of the tops of mountains. There were great caverns built. There was a totally different planet at the time... it was wonderful, for sure.

And the world is filled again. This bodes well.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   

active earthquake AND VOLCANO ZONE...is Toba anywhere near there?

Does this warrant a revision of human history now? Does this make it the site of the ealiest human civilization?

I'm pretty sure there were others in the region lost forever because of the cataclysms that happened in that area. I bet there were older wooden structures too.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Man-made pyramid, they must look inside it. My bet is that there are rooms in there.

You don't just build up a mound of dirt, level it to pyramid level, then build on top of it. It has to be for a purpose, and I believe it was designed to be a palace.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
A gobekli tepe rival, that place was dated around the same time

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Yes that's the Sundaland shelf, Oppenheimer proposes that when this began to submerge it provided the impetus for seaborne migrations to the South Americas and the Indian sub-continet, these thus having a common cultural basis and origin for mutual flood myths, this has naturally required a relatively advanced culture to have pre-dated the submerging...which appears now to be evidenced, the Indonesians having put together the best of their scientists on this.

Interesting...... it seems the ending of the Ice age spawned the flood myths we see in the very ancient world. One could probably assume heavier rainfall during the period of melting giving a double whammy story of the rains causing the floods when it might more accurately be attributed to the glacial melts.

How does this find change the migration story of modern man? If it's contemporaneous with sites in Asia Minor that would assume a much wider civilization base that previously guessed.
edit on 12-9-2012 by pavil because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join