AP Exclusive: New Intelligence on Iran Nuke Work

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   

AP EXCLUSIVE: NEW INTELLIGENCE ON IRAN NUKE WORK

bigs tory.ap.org

VIENNA (AP) -- The U.N. atomic agency has received new and significant intelligence over the past month that Iran has moved further toward the ability to build a nuclear weapon, diplomats tell The Associated Press.

They say the intelligence shows that Iran has advanced its work on calculating the destructive power of an atomic warhead through a series of computer models that it ran sometime within the past three years.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 11-9-2012 by Maxmars because: AP is now using ALL CAPS in their titles to draw more attention... funny that.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
All this before the 3 Amigos meet in NY at the next, heavily anticipated, UN Council Meeting.

I know most of you like to defend Iran in here, whether is be because they haven't attacked anyone in hundreds of years, or that they are just trying to defend themselves (Etc), but you do you make of these allegations?

Are these diplomats getting paid off and all of them are flat out lying in their report? All fabrication with no truth at all, even knowing the consequences of releasing such info?

Call me gullible, but with Iran not allowing IAEA in over 5 locations, and certain areas of sites they were allowed to enter, immediately throws up a flag for me.

bigs tory.ap.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
A.Press is another tool from tptb to spread disinfo.

Understand it please, Iran is a peaceful country and yes it hasn't invaded any country and has no intentions in doing so, stop this propaganda.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Im sorry... but both the story of the upping in the number of reactors and this story comes from media controlled by those who wants to wage war, not only with Iran but with anyone not sharing their ideology.

This is bunk and unconfirmed biased warmongering.... stop waging bloody wars!

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
This comes from the article above: "...The diplomats say the information comes from Israel, the United States and at least two other Western countries and concludes that the work was done sometime within the past three years..." Really. This information comes from the people who want nothing more then to bomb Iran into the stoneage. I'd trust it about as far as I can throw it.
edit on 11-9-2012 by RedShirt73 because: (no reason given)
edit on 11-9-2012 by RedShirt73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   

The diplomats say the information comes from Israel, the United States and at least two other Western countries and concludes that the work was done sometime within the past three years.

This says all I need to see. Remember how accurate they were about the WMD's in Iraq? You could grind this report up and fertilize a garden with it.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   

They say the intelligence shows that Iran has advanced its work on calculating the destructive power of an atomic warhead through a series of computer models that it ran sometime within the past three years.

Because computer modeling work is normally accompanied by physical tests of the components that go into a nuclear weapons, it would also buttress IAEA fears outlined in detail in November that Tehran is advancing its weapons research on multiple fronts.

All they have with this story is evidence that an advanced video game was played.

They should probably have waited to report on this until they found proof of the accompanying physical tests.

That would be a significant development worthy of reporting.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   

I have no idea what to think because they are not saying what Iran actually tested...

Every paragraph is like this:

"Because computer modeling work is normally"

Normally...

"You want to have a theoretical understanding"

You.. a general term, meaning not Iran..

"Such computer mock-ups typically assess"

typically...

After those three paragraphs the article loses the plot about what the story is supposed to be about.. It just talks about "these revelations" and Israel wants to blow up Iran, and thinks everyone else is being weak for just putting VERY harsh sanctions on Iran..

You CAN see this right? They never said anything. All of there words are maybe words. Words like typically, normally....

Here is the only important part:

The IAEA first outlined suspicions in November that Iran was working on calculating the yield of a nuclear weapon, as part of a 13-page summary of Iran's suspected nuclear weapons work that it said was based on more than 1,000 pages of research and intelligence from more than 10 member nations.

It said then that "the modeling studies alleged to have been conducted in 2008 and 2009 by Iran ... (are) of particular concern," adding that the purpose of such studies for calculating anything other than nuclear explosion yields is "unclear to the agency."

So maybe, but I am not convinced.. Maybe I have been lied to too many times, and I just can't trust them anymore??
But even then it says "Outlined Suspicions" and "Alleged"
edit on 9/11/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Any new evidence of Iranian research into nuclear weapons is likely to strengthen the hand of hawks in Israel who advocate a military strike on Iran.

No kidding.

Seems a little thin, especially considering the "new evidence" is coming, at least in part, from Israel itself, not the agency's own discoveries.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   

The diplomats say the information comes from Israel, the United States and at least two other Western countries and concludes that the work was done sometime within the past three years.

Oh ok.

In yet another AP "exclusive", the KKK said that Black people are "bad".

edit on 11-9-2012 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I understand everything you are saying, and after Iraq 2003 we have to make sure there is a legitiment threat. Even if they do acquire the weapons I don't believe they will use them.

IAEA demands immediate access to suspected Iranian nuclear weapons site

The head of the UN nuclear watchdog pressed Iran on Monday to grant his inspectors immediate access to the Parchin military site, where they believe Tehran may have conducted explosives tests relevant to the development of nuclear weapons.

Yukiya Amano, director general of the International Atomic Energy Agency, also said it was "frustrating" that the IAEA and Iran had made no concrete progress in talks that began in January aimed at allaying concern about suspected atom bomb research.

www.haaretz.com...

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
]I like this line:

within the past three years

Lets just set some vague timelines to keep the public guessing..

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zarniwoop

All they have with this story is evidence that an advanced video game was played.

They should probably have waited to report on this until they found proof of the accompanying physical tests.

That would be a significant development worthy of reporting.

Please show me the advanced video game that shows the effects of high explosives used to compress fissionable material? I must have missed that one.

While the world dillys and dallies, Iran keeps plugging away at all aspects of obtaining and delivering nuclear weapons.

Enrichment of Uranium -- Check
Plans for a MIRV warhead-- Check
Detonation calculations of warhead -- Check
Missile delivery system of warhead-- Check

We won't get a smoking gun as the Iranians won't allow the IAEA into sites till they are scrubbed. The Iranians aren't stupid, they learned from the North Koreans how to play the system.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by pavil

Please show me the advanced video game that shows the effects of high explosives used to compress fissionable material?

I can't... well, they can't. The article is hearsay.

History repeats itself.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by sekos
A.Press is another tool from tptb to spread disinfo.

Understand it please, Iran is a peaceful country and yes it hasn't invaded any country and has no intentions in doing so, stop this propaganda.

you dont know, and we have no way of knowing their intentions. they have only their word, if it comes down to flat out believing them and risking an attack, i think ill trust my gut over their word.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zarniwoop
reply to post by pavil

Please show me the advanced video game that shows the effects of high explosives used to compress fissionable material?

I can't... well, they can't. The article is hearsay.

History repeats itself.

I'm pretty sure with the various viruses we have been planting on Iranian computers that one of them was sending data back to us. It's a logical part of espionage in the computer age. Of course, even if that were the case, you still wouldn't believe it. The Iranians can clear this up at any time by allow the IAEA unfettered access to the places and people they want. So far for almost a decade, they have not. Hiding something?

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by pavil

It's a logical part of espionage in the computer age. Of course, even if that were the case, you still wouldn't believe it.

I think you may have completely misunderstood my point.

I have no doubts that we have methods of spying on their computer operations (trojans, viruses, etc)

I have no doubts that Iran is developing nuclear capabilities in order to join the international nuke club.

I am simply criticizing the article for putting A and B together to equal C with no evidence of B.

A) Someone has evidence of someone in Iran running computer models sometime in the last 3 years to simulate the impacts of a nuke.
B) This is normally accompanied with running these models in conjunction with physical components
C) Therefore, they must have run the models against physical components, that must therefore exist.

For all we know, the computer program could have been run against a Lego model.

Catch 22: More detail is needed before stuff like this is released, but details can't be released in the interest of national security.

Why didn't they release this information sometime in the past 3 years?

Because they are digging for any stories to sway public opinion in support of increased pressure on Iran, and we all know that military options are not off the table. I don't want to see us get into another "war" too soon, or preferably, at all.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Zarniwoop

I apologize for misunderstanding your point, you have clarified it. Thanks.

I think there has been some evidence of at least one location where some testing of explosives has occurred. I remember seeing satellite photos of one research compound about a year or 18 months ago that show evidence of either rocket motor tests or explosive tests in the initial photos and then the area and buildings where that testing took place totally scrubbed by the Iranians. Of course the IAEA has not been allowed to that site either. I would have to research this to show you the before and after sat photos but don't have the time right now. It was a research area that had a park or perhaps a river next to it..... my memory is fuzzy. There were obvious blast/scorch marks in the area scrubbed if my memory serves me right.

I don't think you do the theoretical work without the physical followup to it. It's not like you want your first nuke to be a dud. You would necessarily have to test beforehand.

This is the site I recall reading about..... Parchin isis-online.org... is-reports/detail/further-activity-at-suspected-parchin-explosive-testing-complex-two-small-b/

isis-online.org...

edit on 12-9-2012 by pavil because: (no reason given)
edit on 12-9-2012 by pavil because: Can never get long link names to work........arrgh
edit on 12-9-2012 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

This says all I need to see. Remember how accurate they were about the WMD's in Iraq? You could grind this report up and fertilize a garden with it.

Oh? You mean when we finally went inspecting for WMDs after about a YEAR or so debating PUBLICLY IN FRONT OF THE WORLD, if we leagally can go and inspect? PLEASE, someone tell me what is the ****ING point of inspecting for illegal materials when you give the suspected offender A WHOLE YEAR'S HEADS-UP TO HIDE THE STUFF ?!?!?!

Why do people act like IRAQ didn't have chemical weapons? EXCUSE ME, go watch any of the History Channel docs on Saddam's reign of terror that show him in videos showing off warehouses full of chemical stockpiles and weapons. He's talking to the camera about the chemicals and the power it gives him.

We know roughly how much he had, even if you base his whole stockpile just on that one video I'm mentioning, and there are others,.......and we know roughly how much he used on his own people, which was not even a fraction of what he had.........where are you suggesting the rest went? Did it just disappear by the will of God allmighty?

If those inspectors weren't originally stopped by liberal whack-jobs and delayed over a year.......if those inspectors went over there without giving them a whole year to bury the god-forsaken filth who-knows-where out in the Iraqi desert........they would have found all that those chemicals we KNOW Saddam still had.

Now, thanks to the MORONS who don't understand the point of inspections and why you don't let the people know the inspection's coming, we all have to worry about who in Saddam's regime knew where the chemical were burried, and if maybe they decided to sell, or give those locations to radical extremists.

Yeah........good job guys.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 03:53 AM
link   

advanced its work on calculating the destructive power of an atomic warhead through a series of computer models that it ran sometime within the past three years.

So they created a computer model on how much destruction a theoretical nuclear bomb could do?

... and this occured in the last 3yrs? are you kidding me?

this is the significant intelligence?
edit on 14-9-2012 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join