It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Travelers arrested after hiding small primates in underwear at Delhi airport

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Apparently, even 11 years post 9/11, underwear and whats lurking within is still a pertinent airport security concern.
Underwear is a popular spot for smuggling things onto planes.
Please be kind to security and ALWAYS wear clean underwear!

Airport Security guards at Delhi's Indira Gandhi International noticed a bulge in their underwear during a frisk and

Mo nkey business

ps: In no way is it my intent to slap humor on 9/11 - but you just can't make this stuff up...right?

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
indeed, real men dont wear budgie smugglers, i'm hiding a hulking silverback in mine.

Please be kind to security and ALWAYS wear clean underwear!

the possibility of invasive searches is a great reason to cultivate thoroughly horrid underwear from particularly sweaty days and bring them out for special occasions

edit on 11-9-2012 by skalla because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by explorer14

Never heard of monkeys in the pants, but how about a couple of squirrels?

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by littled16

i love Phineas and Ferb, i wouldnt entertain the idea of it on my TV at first as it's on a Disney channel in the uk, and Disney generally makes me hurl - but it's too good for kids

edit on 11-9-2012 by skalla because: total inability to embed vids

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by skalla

The grandkid just loves that show! It's better than most of what they show on Disney.

Also, sorry but your vid is broke.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
It does sound like an Onion article.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
First of all, I really wish this would have ended badly for them.
"Nocturnal, carnivorous monkeys" in your underwear. Brilliant idea really.

And if they would have got through, sounds like they would have had dead monkeys.

Effing Morons!

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Re P&F clip - lol

A sequence where a character somehow ends up with one or more small live animals in their clothing. Naturally they're going to go crazy over it, twisting, squirming, and grabbing to get whatever's in their clothes out. This trope often appears as ants in one's pants.
Occasionally, their movement and gyrations to get rid of it makes people think that they're dancing. Sometimes, the onlookers join in.

tvtropes.org

Onlookers joining in! Ahh yes, to frolick in such frivalous nature!

Originally posted by Toromos
It does sound like an Onion article.

Agreed -
The author seems legit - just seems odd, what with the timing and all. Maybe my tinfoil needs adjustment.

Helps to associate the day with something incredibly ridiculous...turns bitter memories sweeter maybe?

-------

Chief Qualities of Literature
How literature can be evaluated? In other words, literature has main characteristics which can be differentiated by science. Science uses some.

Artistic Quality: The first significant thing is the essentially artistic quality of all literature. All art is the expression of life in forms of truth and beauty; or rather, the reflection of some truth and beauty which are in the world, but which remain unnoticed until brought to our attention

Suggestiveness: The second quality of literature is its suggestiveness, it appeals to our emotions and imagination rather than to our intellect. lt is not so much what it says as what it awakens in us

Permanence: The third characteristic of literature, arising directly from the other two, is its permanence.

Source

I wonder if next year, I will remember the association of 'wild nocturnal carnivore monkeys in underpants' with 9/11? Sadly, probaly yes...

edit on 11-9-2012 by explorer14 because: a small detail

top topics

join