It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hot Springs Mother Arrested for Actions of Her Children

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Hot Springs - Another disturbing case involving young children Thursday, this one out of Garland County. According to authorities, a four-year-old boy tried to kill his two-year-old brother.

The mother is charged with permitting the abuse of a minor.

www.katv.com...

Amanda Mullins was arrested Wednesday for the actions of her young child. According to police, her four-year-old son woke his two-year-old brother up late Sunday night inside their home on Geronimo Street. He then forced soap into the two-year-old's mouth until he vomited. After that, the boy admits to holding his younger brother's head under water in the bathtub by putting his foot on his brother's head.

Obviously there is something mentally wrong with the four year old. He needs help. But to arrest the mother for the actions of her very young child is crazy! She could face up to 20 years in prison! I am all for parents being responsible for their children but this is ridiculous!

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Many of you may not believe this, but I was once a pain in the ass child myself. We did anything we could to drive my mother up the wall. As I near 20 years now, I'm afraid that we may have been a bit too successful.

Anyhoo...

In many instances, the parent isn't even able to stop an event from happening. I think that this is one of those instances, and the approach that is being taken to 'solve' the problem is one reason why the US legal system disheartens me anymore. People always have to stick the blame on someone. Seeing as how outside the rural areas of Texas you probably couldn't get a conviction of a four year old child to stick, the next most logical target is the mother. Its sad and depressing, I know.

IMHO, this woman needs to be let free. This entire situation is ridiculous.

new topics

join