It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Biblical God - Why isn't credit being given where credit is due?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

That's because you and the Bible are saying two very different things. Your understanding seems to be obtained by looking at it from a light that very carefully omits certain "fine print" from the scriptures. That fine print is what I keep analyzing, because that's where the long and short of the bargain is. That's where the fly in the pudding has been laid to rest.
edit on 11-9-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by TheGreatDivider

I do believe in god, just not in a traditional sense, I've said before that I see now that I didn't word my original post well at all. I'm asking about a literal interpretation of the bible, especially when it comes to the old testament. The fact that my original post didn't translate from my thoughts to type well is on me but I've apologized for the insensitivity.

Anyway, I got a few good answers and was pointed in a couple of directions to find out more info and that's really all I wanted, whether anyone else believes that or not.

Take care.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by MamaJ

That's because you and the Bible are saying two very different things. Your understanding seems to be obtained by looking at it from a light that very carefully omits certain "fine print" from the scriptures. That fine print is what I keep analyzing, because that's where the long and short of the bargain is. That's where the fly in the pudding has been laid to rest.
edit on 11-9-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

We are saying the same thing but you don't understand it, I'm saying I do.

I'm not a one to quote scriptures, it's there and until one reads it for them self to see what it says to them, there's really no point, because people will see a half story of truths. You have to read it like a book. Read it again, Be in the spirit... Think scientifically in terms of your knowledge and be very knowledgable meaning know what they know. You go to the doctor and they tell you that you have a disease then you know what they know! Thats just how I am. Im a researcher. I say.... Be knowledgable about energy and light, black holes, just the creation itself including but not limited to the human being. The human is a being... It's a state of being. Consciousness. Atom/adam is mankind. God is THE CONSCIOUSNESS. Read about mankinds conscioisness and or state of mind all throughout the Bible. Read it literal, metaphorical, and discern the words in the bible for what they are saying and or meaning. These people feared God didnt they? They blamed all kinds of things on him. Man was young still, we still have people who blame God for their own actions. The bible speaks about Karma. It most certainly speaks of reincarnation!!! Words and the stories it can create, out of a state of mind, can reflect its own state of being. They are powerful to our hearts, especially certain ones. Most important, remember the Bible is a story and many stories at that. Its our story. Adam/ mankind/ Jesus will be going full circle back to creation, back to the beginning. Time is a circle, it repeats itself day in and day out. What comes aroind goes around.... Well, in time. Everything and every expression tells a story. You have your own story, Jesus had his, but we have had MANY, the Bible teaches us this.

The creation story to me is each day represents the state of mans conscious in the making. The middle of the book we become strengthened with truth and the end we have a revelation WITHIN, he has been within all along.
edit on 11-9-2012 by MamaJ because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
God cannot be more evil than man because God is a force or focal point of good that exists in our minds.

We created God out necessity to help us explain and deal with our original creators who upgraded us from Man the animal to Modern Man through genetics by cross pollinating DNA with their alien elements.

From that moment on, from our beginning as Modern Man, we invented God to explain this all.

Before that moment we were just the animal known as Man amongst the other animals. And animals do not need God and therefore have no idea what that would mean.

All the mass killing has been done my Modern Man.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by DrGod

I'm just now starting to read about this.
Thank you for the reply

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

Sorry I missed this.
As they say, there are two sides to every coin and I'm interested in all points of view on this, I found your links helpful for another perspective and I'm going to watch the video in the first link shortly.
Thank you for replying

Edit: I just watched the video and he makes valid points as far as the killings attributed to religion and how what's true for religion is also true for atheism. The wording in my original post was horrendous and I was really thinking more about what I perceived (but am starting to learn more about thanks to some of the replies) as god directly killing as it relates to the bible, still though if we are talking about the killings in god's name, this man makes very good points and seems quite balanced in what he's saying. Very good video, thank you again.

edit on 11-9-2012 by Miri08 because: watched the video

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Miri08

Okay replying to my own post, lol.

I finally found this video on youtube of all places and I think it basically has answered my main question in a way that I can pretty much understand.

The speaker is Fr. Hans Jacobse of the UMBC Orthodox Christian Fellowship speaking on OT violence and orthodox interpretation of scripture. It's a little over 12 minutes long and pretty much right to the point.

Anyway, if anyone is interested this is it: www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
LIFE, DEATH BOTH ILLUSION...relax, its all under control. Things die all the time...the body is just a cocoon...

The "evil ones" lol, if you want to imply that, they serve their purpose and they will die and be recycled...

This world is like an ACID/BASE extraction...the search for the alkaloids...

Or alternatively the process of creating a diamond...when pressure is applied correctly and in cycles SOMETIMES a diamond forms...

Illusion...all death is purposeful...

Ask yourself this....when you were in the womb would it not seem similar before your birth?? I bet you thought it would be the end of you

Believe what you like...if you don't "get it" its ok...you can do it again later as waves of time are illusions too.

Know that you reap what you sow however...

Focus on your heart...is it heavy with guilt? Or light as a feather? one goes up one goes down figuratively...your choice, but gods judgement...

If you find truth and god in your heart, it doesn't matter what anyone or any religion tells you...it's a test...can you feel your way through the illusion? I heard a good analogy about a homing pigeon...it fly back home on invisible magnetic fields...if it goes off course it feels anxiety and ALWAYS finds its way home like this...

The poor thing would be better off blind as often it has to fly over war to find its way back...unfortunately like the poor dove..we have to witness this on our way back to the garden...
edit on 9/11/2012 by Drala because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Drala

One scary thing though...anxiety drives the homing pigeon(Dove) home. Perhaps we should avoid anxiety medications and focus on the internal issues...otherwise we may loose our way...

Sorry this strayed a bit of your original post, but I hope its ok considering how the thread has developed...

edit on 9/11/2012 by Drala because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

Whose fault is it that death came into the world?

People disobeyed God, which brought death into the world.

Who tricked people into disobeying God? Satan...

Satan brought death into the world

This is a troll thread bro, you can't polish a turd.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Miri08

"Bible God never does anything wrong! It is corrupt human beings who kill each other! Bible God doesn't ever kill a single person; he just tells other people to kill those who don't worship him!"

And then there was the world-wide flood...

No one mentions the body count of God, because that doesn't glorify His holiness. If God is not holy, then why would anyone follow him? Christianity is a machine of propaganda which is meant to suck hapless souls into eternal servitude to a tyrannical dictator.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Miri08

Wow I've never thought of anything like this before ! Thank you for waking me up to this OP. On to the next belief system.

Holy revelations my eyes are open !

Glossed over ? Really !

Look pard, instead of embarrassing yourself with claims of Christians giving God amnesty, for killing whoever or how many ? When you haven't even maxed out your own argument ? Just be thankful you weren't one of them.

Ridiculous freak'in..........W/E/L.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   
It appears most had their ear to a sTeer when there was never a T in the equation.
Even math is unseen before written.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Miri08

Op, this is a quicker read that can help get you rolling on the side of the coin that has more truth and it's easy to understand especially if you know anything about science and astronomy.... And God, of course.

This is a good seed.... A good read to get you in a mind set before man was ever created.

First, we were in spirit.

The Bible is a hard read because it's multi layered and has many meanings, it's wisdom when you have an understanding.

Start here and see if you " get the message" from the messenger. www.hermetics.org...

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Ok im not going to make this a debate with you.... im not a bible thumper,but I do have a lingering respect for good morals,and good natured people,as i have a level of intolerence for people without morals and values.But the fact remains it's easy to blame somthing you cannot see,but lets be real here shall we?Everthing living is responisble for its own life and actions...so without pretending like we are all 5 years old we all can agree that we live and die,sometimes at the hands of sick and wrong people,somtimes at the random misfortunes of the univerese...however the case may be, life is a miracle....that being said" to blame god",the devil,demons,or angels for deaths and misfortunes are absurd you hurting the human race with this pointless physcobabble! It is all a design relevent to the word of god as a gift of a miracle...sad..that so many self dellusional people such as yourself fails to see what im talking about but hey to each their own this is what free will is really about you see.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Look pard, instead of embarrassing yourself with claims of Christians giving God amnesty, for killing whoever or how many ? When you haven't even maxed out your own argument ? Just be thankful you weren't one of them.

Is that your best counter-argument? No wonder your "God" resorts to killing anyone who witnesses his flaws, rather than winding the clock back and having another go at Creation.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kharron
It's interesting to me that WAY more people have been killed on planet Earth in the name of God, than in the name of Satan.

Now, I am not religious and believe in neither, but if you look at it like that -- why is Satan the bad one?
edit on 11-9-2012 by Kharron because: (no reason given)

For arguments sake we assume there is a God and Satan.

And then the answer becomes this:

Satan has won and through his lies he now poses as God.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by HolgerTheDane2

So really, everyone is worshipping "Satan"? Which means that everything we blame on "Satan", we're really blaming on "God"?

That doesn't get us very far either.
edit on 12-9-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Just had another thought .....people like attacking religion,god,how come so much blame?I mean really.... if people dont really believe in god..then why all the blame?Why waste time and oxygen spewing so much negative thought and judgement towards any of it if in fact one does not in truth and reality have a faith or belief in any of it? And if you do belive in god than why so many personal problems with the creator?You all are cowards,fonies,and con-artest,using somthing moral and pure...to be twisted into corruption and self-service...but never the less it is you free will to blame away...just dont be surprised when someday your all forced to eat your own lies...lol peace im out

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

The message you get from whatever version of whatever authority you read, is YOUR message. That doesn't guarantee it's the exact right message. That doesn't guarantee it's the ONLY right message. That means that you have garnered positive effect from how YOU look at it.

Because your message seems to vary greatly from other messages I have heard taken from similar sources. So why would you assume that your message is automatically perfect for everyone else, when it isn't even absolute? Your flavor, your preference, your window to see the world through, is your own. It works for you, but maybe it ONLY works for you.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join