It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5-Month-Old Baby's Identity Stolen!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 06:42 PM
link   
BOTHELL, Wash., Oct. 12, 2004 � Andrew is a healthy 5-month-old, but according to bill collectors, just three weeks after he was born he walked into an Edmonds family clinic on his own, got treated for a lumbar disc displacement and was given a narcotic to help ease the pain.

His mother and father got a $94 bill in the mail for the treatment and prescription.

www.abcnews.go.com...

He didn't even have a Social Security number, but someone used his first and middle names � though without the "w" in Andrew � included his correct mailing address, and got the clinic to prescribe them drugs."As a parent you feel violated when your child � all you want to do as a parent is protect your child. And to find somebody has taken advantage of a 3-week-old baby is hard to understand," Andrew's father, John, told KOMO-TV.

Is no one safe from these people? What kind of person can do this? I know it did not really effect the child in anyway, but it shows what kind of people there are in the world. Nothing and no one is sacred to these scum bags! They don't have lives so they go out and take someone elses.

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Increadible,

But the truth is that around where I live migrant workers can get social security cards and driver licences for 200 dollars a piece.

[edit on 14-10-2004 by marg6043]

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 11:14 PM
link   
The really shocking fact is that in most of these cases, maybe not this one, it is a parent that steals their child�s identity.

posted on Oct, 14 2004 @ 11:17 PM
link   
very interesting... you have to wonder who it was, how they knew the address, etc.

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 12:13 AM
link   
I hate people who do this.

At times, I wanted to hunt down and do physical extreme violence to the individuals who used my CA ID and SSN. It took me 3 years to get a new DL number ... and now I have to battle with Social Security.

What pissed me off the most is I couldn't even get unemployment when I was unenmployed for 5 months because I couldn't name all my employers ... yet whoever was using my number was able to get it. That just took the cake.

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Whoa, chartreusemonkey, that is some story, I imagine what you had gone through, it tells you how people can used your identity, here in the south if happends a lot.

new topics

top topics

join