It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photo showing UFO over the skies of Bristol, Tennessee 23rd August 2012.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by homeslice

This was very intriguing at first, but I have to agree completely with the streetlight theory. The dimensions all match up given the pole that can be seen on the right hand side of the street:

Thanks for posting though.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I concur with the streetlamp theory as well.

There are enough clues in the "latest UFO sightings" article and in the photo, to try to find the exact place where this photo was shot:

"It was taken on Volunteer Parkway Bristol, Tennessee, around 5 miles North from Bristol motor speedway."

Here's a view from Google earth of the place:

....And a view from Google maps with Streetview:

So, yes, this is very likely only a streetlamp.... So, case closed?

Probably, one should however wonder if the pole was deliberately removed, thus the need of the original photo to see if there was any use of a post-process software, such as Photoshop...

edit on 11-9-2012 by elevenaugust because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I don't buy the streetlamp theory yet, interesting though it may be and also very plausible, however I still remain unconvinced.

If anybody knows this street, do me a favor and take a photo from the exact place, only way to be sure

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by elevenaugust

There's a problem with your first photo showing the streetlights and setup of the area. The anomaly is in it, and above the streetlights, unaccounted for.
edit on 11-9-2012 by Rubicant13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Think about the perspective - it has to be a street lamp.

Where is the light from the street lamp pole you can see? its not there because the light is out. You cant say that the ufo does not look like the head of a street lamp just reflecting light.

edit on 11-9-2012 by homeslice because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Sold!

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
It's a tough call.

The anomaly looks way too high up to be the street light associated with that second pole in the picture.

But the shape matches fairly well.

Good job muddying the waters if nothing else.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by htapath

The picture quality is just too poor to tell (or care that much)

The guy who took that photo did it with an expensive Nikon D-90, yet Rense chose to show this lossy, crappy jpg-looking pic and then zoom/enhance a ufo looking thingy out of it.

B.S. meter is off the charts.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by homeslice
Think about the perspective - it has to be a street lamp.

Where is the light from the street lamp pole you can see? its not there because the light is out. You cant say that the ufo does not look like the head of a street lamp just reflecting light.

edit on 11-9-2012 by homeslice because: (no reason given)

Your street lamp is completely in the wrong place and a few lines trying to give the illusion that it should be there doesn't work also. The light on the road also doesn't match up with your theory and on the close up, the light configuration is like no street lamp I've ever seen.

Nice idea but no cigar from me

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

So then where is the light from the lamp post that you can clearly see there?

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   

No idea as I certainly can't see it, light reflection on the road does not match up with your street lamp.

Can you also please explain how this:

Looks like that:

I'm having difficulties figuring it out, especially when you consider where the light source of a street lamp actually is. Sorry mate, as I said, nice idea but doesn't fit for me

Also, if you look closely to where your pole should be, it would cut out part of the light behind it, if your pole were actually there at that height. In my opinion your street lamp is a traffic sign on the corner of the turn off.
edit on 11-9-2012 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Exactly
I think you have thoroughly debunked this little hoax

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by cripmeister

Exactly
I think you have thoroughly debunked this little hoax

Uh-uh, yes.

I'm assuming you don't like the idea that secret military craft are roaming the worlds airspace then, so you just try to tell yourself they're... street lamps

edit on 13-9-2012 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Well the only way to know for sure would be for someone to take a photo from the same location during daylight hours and see what's there. Minus that, I would have to go with the streetlight theory. I wasn't sold at first but after looking at the pics posted you can certainly see the pole, and it does seem to be right where the light would be on that pole.

For the record I have no problem believing that there is secret military aircraft flying around. After all, they don't test them on the ground. In this case however, I think what we are seeing is a burned out street light.

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   
While the lamppost theory is convincing there is one thing that doesnt quite fit. There isnt the slightest hint of the "lamp" being connected to the pole. Even when looking at the image in Gimp and pulling up brightness/contrast, not even the image compression artifacts hint about it. Its just... dislocated. In terms of the scenery, there is no reason the lamppost would be so dark its completely invisible against the sky - there is a fair bit of detail otherwise. Then again if that's not the lamp, where is the lamp? It should be visible in the photo.

But it has been edited, so who knows...
edit on 15-9-2012 by merka because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by merka

I agree, I can't see where it connects either, but it is in the right spot, and looks right to me. Like I said before though, the only way to truly tell is to get another photo from the same spot and see if the light is there.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join