It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photo showing UFO over the skies of Bristol, Tennessee 23rd August 2012.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   
I am posting this for a number of reasons, not least because I think it may be genuine, and also for any more additional info or thoughts on it. Obviously I am no photo expert, but according to the description, it has been analyzed and found to have not been tampered with. Witnesses (wherever they may be) have described this as being a black triangle object.

The unusual flying object was caught in camera moving over large numbers of racing fans. The UFO was described by witnesses as black triangle. The photographer was not certain about the object at the time he took the shot but upon thorough analysis of the photo, it shows no sign of tampering. The shot appears to be taken from the outside and not behind glass, and the object is clearly not a lens flare from bright lights or cars. Occasionally, reflection on glass produces object like in the photo especially if a person takes a shot from inside a building or a vehicle.

Any photo experts out there have ideas on this?

The photo shows antenna in the foreground which is a telephone guy wire. The photographer was standing on a hill having a clear view of the traffic. The camera used in the picture is a digital camera with an 85mm f1.8 lens. The photographer intentionally took the picture in black and white. He said that he usually shoots in black and white at night to avoid getting bluish and orange tint because of incandescent lights and mercury vapor. Some digital cameras are usually not good in dealing with color temperatures especially with different light sources.

Close up:

Actual:

Is this the mythical TR-3B?

Full link here:

www.latest-ufo-sightings.net...
edit on 11-9-2012 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

Awesome Pic! Although it Kinda Reminds me of the Millennium Falcon... Maybe its George Lucas Joyriding! ok ok Sorry..Very COOL Picture..can't wait to see what other Minds here Think! ('
')
edit on 11-9-2012 by DjembeJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   
I Believe that it might be the TR-3B which is purported to be USA Military craft...

www.darkgovernment.com...

Aliens do exist and what not but i think that this may be ours ya know?

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Just a thought.... this being a popular evening sporting event, it's possible that the image is a legitimate photo of an advertising blimp.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Perhaps

Just a thought.... this being a popular evening sporting event, it's possible that the image is a legitimate photo of an advertising blimp.

Possible I guess but where's the rest of it?

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   
The photo was edited, check the exif.

Thus cannot be taken seriously.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by gigaherc
The photo was edited, check the exif.

Thus cannot be taken seriously.

Yes...

No camera model.
No date, time.
No technical specifications (ISO, Shutter speed, etc.)

The only other photos I've found with a 999x663 image size (ratio 1.5067) came from here and were taken with a Pentax K-r which have a max resolution set at 4288 x 2848 pixels (12Mp and 1.5056 ratio).

Any work on this photo is useless, unless rense.com release the full original photo.
edit on 11-9-2012 by elevenaugust because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by elevenaugust

Nice find.

Is the TR-38 the same as aurora ?

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnonUK
reply to post by elevenaugust

Nice find.

Is the TR-38 the same as aurora ?

No, there is actually a genuine chance the Aurora exists, the TR-3B is a figment of people's imagination.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by FireMoon

A little bit off topic but I love your avatar ha!.

The Aurora has been confirmed by voice through one of my old customers.
He used to work for the MOD and explained a few things about the similarities between the Concorde and aurora and stealth fighter engines.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Isnt that just the street light? It looks like it is just gone out and you cant see the arm of the pole. The "UFO" is just reflections of light on the street lamp that has gone out, or was mid flicker when the photo was taken.

edit on 11-9-2012 by homeslice because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Cool photo. I'm no expert in photographic analysis, so I can't really comment on the likelihood that this pic is authentic. The article does leave out a lot of information, such as who is writing it, who conducted the alleged analysis of the photo, how the photo came to the attention of whoever is giving us this information, whether or not the sighting has been investigated and, if so, by whom. It mentions multiple witnesses, but how many? The lack of detail in this account leads me to suspect that the person presenting in the (unsourced) information was not privy to any real investigation of the report.

Insufficient information.

link   
That's probably Mark Martian's ride.

Or interplanetary race fans leaving the truck race. Traffic can be a real bitch you know.

link   
Oops. Double post.
edit on 11-9-2012 by Orkojoker because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by homeslice

Good guess. It may not be the answer, but it sure seems probable. It wouldn't even be hard to prove either. I'm sure anyone can stand in the same place and take the same photo during daylight hours, catching the streetlights in the same position.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
The "close up" itself appears to be modified with a smoothing algorithm or something.

The top pic is the close up from the OP and the bottom pic is a simple enlargement of the object in question.

It looks much cooler in the modified zoom.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   

I still think its a street lamp. You can see the pole!

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by homeslice

Within the context of the rest of the picture, it doesn't appear to be a street lamp, as they are all in a row below and look very different from the object.

I don't see a pole connecting to the object in the image either. Just some losy jpg-ish pixels.

It doesn't really fit in with the rest of the picture at all. My best guess is that it was added post-processing,

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   

The top pic is the close up from the OP and the bottom pic is a simple enlargement of the object in question.

It looks much cooler in the modified zoom.

Mystery solved on who enhanced the zoom

Below, contrast enhanced and enlarged by Rense.com

Rense Article

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by htapath
That's probably Mark Martian's ride.

Or interplanetary race fans leaving the truck race. Traffic can be a real bitch you know.

The funny thing about that is the truck race was Wednesday night the 22nd. Nationwide race was Friday the 24th.
Does look like a lot of traffic going ONE WAY for a Thursday night with not much going on at the track. I do believe someone is lying about the date.

I don't know if this means anything but the EXIF Data shows Color Type - RGB but he claims it was shot in black and white. Anyone know more about that?

<<   2 >>

join