It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Is The Bilderberg Group?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Wikipedia claims this highly secretive group was founded in May, 1954, on the 29th day, but I've also heard that this group has been around for over eight hundred years. When the name Bilderberg comes up, normally I find talk about One World Government also. This Is a quote from the wikipedia site:

In 2001, Denis Healey, a Bilderberg group founder and, for 30 years, a steering committee member, said: "To say we were striving for a one-world government is exaggerated, but not wholly unfair. Those of us in Bilderberg felt we couldn't go on forever fighting one another for nothing and killing people and rendering millions homeless. So we felt that a single community throughout the world would be a good thing."

I started this thread, because I want to learn all I can about this group. Through research, I've heard many things about this group. One, that they are higher than any government, or military power. Two, I've heard that they are working on a plan to depopulize the world, and I just don't know what to think. Since their meetings, and what is talked about in those meetings is highly secretive, one can only wonder why they need to be secret, and what is actually talked about in those meetings.

Wikipedia also says;

Historically, attendee lists have been weighted towards bankers, politicians, and directors of large businesses.

I found a few threads mentioning Bilderberg in the search bar for ATS, but none that really answered any of my questions. What is their real agenda? They have to have one, or the group would be pointless. What do they talk about in those meetings that needs to be held secret? Are the rumors, or conspiracies about depopulation, and things of that sort true when talking about the Bilderberg group? Is the Bilderberg group a renaming of a traditional secretive group that has been in existence for hundreds of years? There's just a million things that run through my mind when typing this thread. I believe it's better to be safe than sorry, and if the rumors are true, about their plan of depopulation, and sorts, we need to know, because this involves everyone. If you have any information about this group, I would appreciate your post/reply.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Im not trying to dissuade you, but you should do your own research, and a topic such as The Bilderberg Group is discussed to death on here.

In short however, it is the world elite (Politicians, captains of industries and media icons) to discuss.... well that's the pickle, no one knows what they discuss.

Plus, the whole event, is illegal under international law (its illegal for heads of state to meet under closed doors in secrecy).

So, in short, its an elitist convention that takes place every year.

Namaste.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by WiseThinker
Plus, the whole event, is illegal under international law (its illegal for heads of state to meet under closed doors in secrecy).

Since when did heads of state not meet in private to discuss policy? Can we all just saunter in next time Obama and Putin have a pow-wow? I would also like to see the relevant statute from 'international law'.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

Sorry, not under International Law, under US Federal Law

The Logan Act reads as follows:

Any citizen of the United States, wherever he may be, who, without authority of the United States, directly or indirectly commences or carries on any correspondence or intercourse with any foreign government or any officer or agent thereof, with intent to influence the measures or conduct of any foreign government or of any officer or agent thereof, in relation to any disputes or controversies with the United States, or to defeat the measures of the United States, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both.

Namaste.
edit on 11/9/12 by WiseThinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I understand I should do my own research, and I have been, but not much comes up. Just information about who has attended these meetings, when it was founded, and things like that, but I want to know more. There has to be someone out there, who has been to one of these meetings that might possibly leak information. That's what we need, because the rumors of a one world government, and depopulation is just speculation until we find evidence supporting it, but that quote from that guy saying that the one world government idea is not far from the truth, does increase the wonder of the topic. I just thought I would start this thread to bring more light on the subject, in hope that maybe someone will give some information that isn't too easily found.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by WiseThinker
Sorry, not under International Law, under US Federal Law

The Logan Act reads as follows:

The Logan Act prohibts citizens from negotiating with foreign governments, it does not prohibit meetings with foreign citizens.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by TheBeatMasta

Daniel Estulin has done probably more research on this group than just about anyone.
www.bilderbergbook.com...

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   

I have no more "knowledge" of this group then anyone else here, but I will say this, their group membership is not hidden, their agenda is somewhat secret, and the general public does not know what they do. So knowing that, the general public usually demonizes that which they do not understand/know. Being part of a group having secrecy that is continually demonized by small minded people, and knowing the true nature of said group, I would hesitate to say they are evil or satanic.

From what I have read, they bond, watch plays, take part in team building exercises, and generally get away from their normal grind. They may very well be plotting to take over the world, but from what I have seen, the members already kind of run things as it is. So a takeover seems redundant.

Alex Jones claims to have infiltrated their group and took video. Nothing shown in that is satanic or otherwise evil, but is most likely misunderstood.

My .02$

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by network dude
From what I have read, they bond, watch plays, take part in team building exercises, and generally get away from their normal grind.

Alex Jones claims to have infiltrated their group and took video. Nothing shown in that is satanic or otherwise evil, but is most likely misunderstood.

I think you may be getting Bildebear confused with Bohemian Rhapsody.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

Originally posted by network dude
From what I have read, they bond, watch plays, take part in team building exercises, and generally get away from their normal grind.

I think you may be getting Bildebear confused with Bohemian Rhapsody.

I believe you are correct sir. It must be all that tea I drank. I need to sit down for a bit.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by crawdad1914

Thanks for the link, and post man. It is much appreciated.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Ok, it took a little bit of research, but the original name of the Bilderberg group was "The Black Venetian Nobility", supposedly. I found a video, that talks a little bit about this, but I'm still researching about this group. Now I'm researching The Black Venetian Nobility though, to better understand what Bilderberg is about. Hopefully, by uncovering what The Black Venetian Nobility used to be, it will give me greater insight on the right questions to ask when researching the Bilderberg group. This isn't the best video, but it is pretty interesting.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Warning: Shameless self-promotion

I started a thread once and some day I'll get around to finishing it but the first part covers most of the facts (I believe)

Bilderberg...the facts

Peace

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

Ehmmmm....wait, skip that. I just re-read my own thread and now realise the frustration I must have caused all these years with my crummy English.

So sorry...

Peace
edit on 12-9-2012 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
The Bildebergers are nothing more than than a slightly more private, corporate version of the UN.

top topics

join