It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ohioans seem confused on who got Bin Laden

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 04:16 AM
link   

15% of very conservative Ohioans think Romney "More Responsible" than Obama for Getting Bin Laden

There was a recent political poll of Ohioans by Public Policy Polling that found 15% of self-described "very conservative" people believe that Romney is more responsible for Osama Bin Laden's death than is Obama, with 51% of these people not sure. For self-described "somewhat conservative" people these numbers were 6% and 53% respectively. For self-described "very liberal", "somewhat liberal" and "moderate" people, these two numbers were between 3-4% and 8-20% respectively.

An article on this:

Ohioans confused over Bin Laden's death

A PDF of this poll (n.b.: go to page 7 of poll for these statistics):

PPP poll of Ohioans on presidential campaign

I'm curious what people make of this poll. Frankly, I'm not terribly impressed by the numbers for the non-conservatives either, but those for the very conservative, in particular, are mind-boggling. Republicans want voter ID laws. Seems like we are much more in need of voter IQ laws. Seems Republicans/conservatives (they're essentailly the same) like to make their own reality.

To my mind there is a legitimate question of whether Bin Laden was killed as claimed, given no evidence has been presented, but the notion that Romney is more responsible for getting him is just plain IGNORANT. So I am not entertaining the notion of this possibility/conspiracy in this discussion here.

And to those of you who say that it was Seal Team Six who got him, fine. But who is their ultimate commander, i.e. commander-in-chief? Obama had the policy to search out and get Bin Laden; certainly George W Bush didn't. Bush II said he didn't care where Bin Laden was or what he was doing. Usually one attributes the country's actions to the head of state, so saying that Obama got Bin Laden seems quite legitimate (assuming he was gotten as claimed by all government and most all press accounts). So any discussion of this issue is also besides the point in this thread.
edit on 11-9-2012 by MrInquisitive because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-9-2012 by MrInquisitive because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-9-2012 by MrInquisitive because: typos, naturely

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Whoever decides who gets into the white house, when the financial markets crash, when false flags happen.

Those are the guys that I believe decided to get rid of Bin Laden.

How is Romney supposed to have anything to do with it? It's got nothing to do with the official story or conspiracy as far as I'm aware?

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Ask Condoleezza, Obamas been dead since 2001

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 04:24 AM
link   
I've said it before and I'll say it again:

US citizens should have to take an IQ test when registering to vote. If your IQ is lower than 90, you absolutely should not be allowed to vote

(and they really shouldn't be reproducing either, but that's a topic for another thread...)
edit on 11-9-2012 by Hawking because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by MrInquisitive

I admit to being a bit confused myself. Did the SEAL's get him, or was it his kidneys? Or killed in Tora Bora, even?

Regardless, giving Romney any credit for it is beyond absurd. Personally, I'd like to know how someone could even begin to believe that.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Hawking

Instead of starting dividing ideas like yours maybe the education system should be overhauled instead of thinking of eugenics? If you remember, someone tried that not too long ago in Europe and I hope you remember what happened.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Swizzy
reply to post by Hawking

Instead of starting dividing ideas like yours maybe the education system should be overhauled instead of thinking of eugenics? If you remember, someone tried that not too long ago in Europe and I hope you remember what happened.

You wouldn't let a blind person drive, why would you let an idiot vote?

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Hawking

General idiocy is something to do with education. Being blind isn't. Maybe fight the problem instead of telling them not to reproduce and take away their BASIC rights?

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 04:41 AM
link   

reply to post by Hawking

General idiocy is something to do with education. Being blind isn't. Maybe fight the problem instead of telling them not to reproduce and take away their BASIC rights?

So if these idiots had better educations in their youth they would understand today that Mitt Romney had nothing to do with killing Osama Bin Laden?

Sorry, that's not the result of poor education, that's the result of innate stupidity. No, they should not be allowed to vote, and we'd be better off with less of them here.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by VariableConstant

I admit to being a bit confused myself. Did the SEAL's get him, or was it his kidneys? Or killed in Tora Bora, even?

Regardless, giving Romney any credit for it is beyond absurd. Personally, I'd like to know how someone could even begin to believe that.

Your point is quite well taken regarding how and when he actually died. But as you acknowledge, claiming Romney is more responsible is absurd.

Actually I would like to see a big polling firm do a poll of various -- for lack of a better term -- conspiracy theories, such as:

Has the US government come clean on 9/11 and was it possibly involved.

Was Bin Laden killed by Seal Team 6 in Pakistan, as is the Obama regime claim, or did he die earlier and this is just some Pentagon/Whitehous propaganda operation.

And the mother of them all: has the US government come clean on what it knows about UFO's.

I think the results would be enlightening and force the lamestream media to re-evaluate how it reports the "news".

But now I'm digressing from the topic of this thread. Bad OP, BAD!

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 04:47 AM
link   
all this seal-team-6 bullspit is funny as hell

osama has been dead for nearly 10 years.
but washington makes up some fake raid, makes a movie about it, have some idiot print a book and all of a sudden its real?
i aint that stupid

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Hawking

They would understand that MSM is biased and not to trust every stupid word that comes out of politicians minds. These minds are so misguided and brainwashed that when you ask them a relative simple question you can see the gears in their heads begin to catch fire as they try and remember every lie and biased piece of info the MSM stuffed down their throats.

Yes, I believe not questioning everything around you and wanting to find out for yourself, ie curiosity, has something to do with education.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hawking

reply to post by Hawking

So if these idiots had better educations in their youth they would understand today that Mitt Romney had nothing to do with killing Osama Bin Laden?

Sorry, that's not the result of poor education, that's the result of innate stupidity. No, they should not be allowed to vote, and we'd be better off with less of them here.

Dunno about it being the result of innate stupidity alone. I blame a whole lot of the problem on the lame-stream "news" media. Stations with "news" broadcasts, editorials and interviews with people, particularly poiticians, should be accountable for telling the truth. If they have a continued record of letting lies and/or propaganda of anyone/anything, including that of the government, get by without fact checking, then broadcast stations should have their licenses revoked. This is not a free speech issue; this is a misuse of the public airwaves issue. If you want to climb on a soap box, publish a paper, magazine or book, or create a web page, that's fine -- you're not using the public airwaves for false speech.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 04:56 AM
link   

I've always found the 'dilemma' the news stations are in somewhat interesting. Obviously, from a strict moral point of view, they should feel obliged to report the truth and to inform the people. Then we have sensationalism, which in my view is to attract more viewers. I bet if confronted about lies, or simple exaggerations about news pieces, they could always hide behind Freedom of Speech. Also owning more than 50% of news outlets in a country is somewhat a conflict of interest, it is also however, capitalism... Difficult situation

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Already posted here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Odd Poll

look at question 15 asked of all those taking the poll

Q15 Who do you think deserves more credit for the
killing of Osama bin Laden: Barack Obama or
Mitt Romney?
Barack Obama................................................ 63%
Mitt Romney.................................................... 6%
Not sure .......................................................... 31%

1,072 people were surveyed by an automated telephone call... Break down that 6% that's 64 people give more credit to Romney. My hunch is that those people simply don't like Obama and dont want to give him credit for anything.

Of that 6% 4% very liberal, 4% somewhat liberal, 3% moderate, 6% somewhat conservative 15% very conservative (9.6 very conservative people give more credit to Romney) I would have answered the same way
simply due to how Obama has constantly used Bin Laden's "death" to pump himself up. day in and day out. This is comical....

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
I blame the poll.

Ever heard of "Ask a stupid question, get a stupid answer?"

I would have picked Romney out of spite.

Big deal over nothing.
edit on 11-9-2012 by Carseller4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
Odd Poll

look at question 15 asked of all those taking the poll

Q15 Who do you think deserves more credit for the
killing of Osama bin Laden: Barack Obama or
Mitt Romney?
Barack Obama................................................ 63%
Mitt Romney.................................................... 6%
Not sure .......................................................... 31%

1,072 people were surveyed by an automated telephone call... Break down that 6% that's 64 people give more credit to Romney. My hunch is that those people simply don't like Obama and dont want to give him credit for anything.

Of that 6% 4% very liberal, 4% somewhat liberal, 3% moderate, 6% somewhat conservative 15% very conservative (9.6 very conservative people give more credit to Romney) I would have answered the same way
simply due to how Obama has constantly used Bin Laden's "death" to pump himself up. day in and day out. This is comical....

Where do you get the 9.6 very conservative people figure? 15% of 6% of 1,072? If that is your thinking, then you know nothing about statistics or algebra. Nor did you bother to look at the poll result that gave the sampling demographics.

On page three, Q16 (right below Q15, which you cite) provides the breakdown: 11% very liberal, 17% somewhat lib, 29% moderate, 25% somewhat conservative and 17% very conservative. This implies that 15% of 17% of 1,072 people are very conservative and think Romney is more responsible. This equates to 27.3 people. In any case, given the margin or error is 3%, these percentages are statistically significant. 27 people out of 182 is a significant portion -- nearly 1/6th.

I am going to assume, since you are defending the conservative polling numbers, that you are a conservative yourself. Well then, it doesn't just turn out conservatives are dumb/ignorant when it comes to civics/politics, but also is the case for reading comprehension and math.

Moreover, more than 50% of both conservative demographics say they are not sure whether Obama or Romny is responsible for OBL's death. This is a very damning statistic as well. For the other groups this is much lower, between 8-20%.

Rhetoric-wise, I don't hear Obama pumping up his credit for killing OBL "constantly" either. Sure, the White House Press Sec. talks about it from time to time and Joe Biden mentioned it in his convention speech, and has likely touted it at other times, but to claim it is done constantly is a falsehood. FTR, I am no big defender of Obama, nor am I impressed by the raid to get OBL and how it was handled. But I am gobsmacked by the notion that such a high percentage of very conservative people think Romney is more responsible for getting OBL than Obama, and that all conservatives are much more likely not to know who is more responsible for having done so than are the other demographic groups.

As for your claim that the conservatives "trolled" the question and gave their knowingly wrong answers out of spite, clearly no one can say for sure. If it is the case, then apparently conservatives are not to be trusted in what they say, and, furthermore, they don't seem to mind that they make their demographic look very ignorant.

edit on 12-9-2012 by MrInquisitive because: found more pertinent information

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
I blame the poll.

Ever heard of "Ask a stupid question, get a stupid answer?"

I would have picked Romney out of spite.

Big deal over nothing.
edit on 11-9-2012 by Carseller4 because: (no reason given)

Yeah, I heard of that adage; however, what you are claiming is: ask a stupid question and get a lie. Not the same thing. You are claiming to know the reason for the way people polled, but you have no direct evidence of it.

But I agree, other more telling questions could have been asked. For instance a multiple choice answer to the following: what was Romeny's previous political career: a) Governor of Utah, b) Governor of Michigan, c) Governor of Massachusetts, d) White House Business Czar e) Mayor of Salt Lake City. I'll bet the conservatives would crap out on this question too.

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
The better poll question as to who got bin Laden would have included George Bush. After all it was Bush's policies, that Obama was against, that led to the death of bin Laden.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join