It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A remembrance of sept. 11th.....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 04:10 AM
link   
.... 1973.

For those of you who now are lost, let's go back in time and get some history into those brain cells:

Learn something....

A military junta led by Allende's Army Commander-in-Chief Augusto Pinochet eventually took control of the government, composed of the heads of the Air Force, Navy, Carabineros (police force) and the Army.[1] Pinochet later assumed power and ended Allende's elected Popular Unity government, instigating a campaign of terror on its supporters which included the murder of former Foreign Minister Orlando Letelier.[2][3] Before Pinochet's rule, Chile had for decades been hailed as a beacon of democracy and political stability in South America plagued by military juntas and Caudillismo.

The U.S. Government's hostility to the election of Allende in Chile was substantiated[23] in documents declassified during the Clinton administration; involving the CIA, which show that covert operatives were inserted in Chile, in order to prevent a Marxist government from arising and for the purpose of spreading anti-Allende propaganda.

Ironically... this thread FITS in the 9/11 conspiracy section, simply because there was indeed a conspiracy to end the government of a democratically elected official and it happened on sept. 11th.

How many died in Chile simply because the US didn't like the voting results? And how many died during the inside job of 2001?

I think Chile deserves more remembrance than 2001 to be honest.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Bravo, Sir, cleverly done. Many, many more world historical events demand a lot more recognition than 9.11.01.

Thank you for reminding one of them.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by gigaherc

I wish I could offer attention to all of them.

In a way I feel that we need a whole lot more balance in how and what is remembered. Right now the 2001 is almost being played as ugly as the zionists have played the 2nd world war atrocities and their "impending" doom.

So many terrible events have damage peoples' trust to one another, and 90% of the time the blame falls on very few governments who by now appear as they don't really care about the majority of their nations as long as the upper class can drive around cheaply in their expensive cars etc.

posted on Sep, 11 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   
History repeats itself.
Doesn't sound like it was very popular speech.
Happened this day 1941. Groundbreaking begins on the Pentagon as well.

top topics

join